It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German newspaper cover of Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Synchronicity11

Here ya go:

BOLD!

Yeah, well, that Statute of Liberty was not "Made In the USA".

It was made in France.

So, Trump's cutting off the head of the "Made In France" product is characteristic of his policy.

Funny thing is that Trump likes to marry Foreign Women. Why couldn't he find a nice home grown American gal for a wife? So, there's a lot of contradiction in The Donald. If he really believes in America First, he should divorce his foreign wife, and marry a nice All American Woman.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Convincedotherwise

Do you feel populism is on the rise in Belgium?

I feel it is on the rise throughout Europe. People have seen the rich get richer, whilst the rest of us have had to accept austerity.

Donald Tusk accused us Brits of wanting our cake and eating it also. Well, we've seen the likes of him and his predecessors have and do exactly that over the last 30+ years.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: windword

Here ya go:

BOLD!

Funny thing is that Trump likes to marry Foreign Women. Why couldn't he find a nice home grown American gal for a wife? So, there's a lot of contradiction in The Donald. If he really believes in America First, he should divorce his foreign wife, and marry a nice All American Woman.

Hillary should divorce Bill and endow herself to the Donald.

Now that my friend, would be a nightmare!!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: Annee
I understand your anti-Trump stance. He can do nothing right by you.

But do you not understand this isn't just about Trump? This is about the power of the executive order and it goes beyond our current president. Every president since George Washington has used them. And here we have people saying they are undemocratic.

Care to comment on that? Can you look beyond your hatred for the current president to talk about our political system that is being denigrated?

This is not about his use of executive orders at all. It is what is in the executive orders. The statue literally has this quote on it ...

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

His "ban" or whatever you want to call it slaps that quote right in the face. That is the meaning behind the picture.

I am not a Trump fan either and it isn't a blind hatred. As soon as he does something I like I will praise it but in all honesty he hasn't yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

We have many, many Systems in place to stop a leader from doing anything without approval of The Bundestag (congress). In fact something like trump does right now would be impossible in germany (executive orders).

And hows that been working out for you guys recently?

Maybe Europe needs a few strong capable leaders instead of a bunch of group think sheep who in their righteous ignorance are basically committing cultural suicide for you all

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Who cares what some liberal globalist rag has to say about Trump? American liberal papers have been printing the same garbage since he announced his run, pretty irrelevant really.

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well to be honest in germany we dont understand the "offensive" undertone you seem to implie when you say "liberal".

For us a "liberal" is someone who supports the "invisible hand of a free market".
Our politics in germany is called: neo liberalism. That means: regulation only in a few sectors (state controled: health care and social security systems).
A liberal is someone who respects free speech, free press and the freedom of choice as long as no one is harmed.

So ...really. Even after reading so much aggressive discussions here, i still dont understand what you deem to be bad about liberals.. It seems to me that the majority of americans are emotional about the word without really being able to pinpoint what is bad about liberalism....

When i was young i always thought that "liberalism" is one of the great characteristics of America....Thats why i think that the Spiegel cover is ....precise.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underduck
I get where you're coming from but the OP is specifically about executive orders and how the German government doesn't allow that because they think it's not democratic.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: underduck

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

His "ban" or whatever you want to call it slaps that quote right in the face. That is the meaning behind the picture.

That quote used to be good, but that was back when people came here to work hard and raise themselves up. Now we have a welfare state that is $20 Trillion in debt, we can't take all of the world's poor because we are dead broke and we can't afford them. If people who came here wouldn't take government benefits (meaning they won't use the government to steal from the American taxpayer) I think a lot more people would be accepting of the "huddled masses" coming here. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11

Who cares what some liberal globalist rag has to say about Trump? American liberal papers have been printing the same garbage since he announced his run, pretty irrelevant really.

Well to be honest in germany we dont understand the "offensive" undertone you seem to implie when you say "liberal".

For us a "liberal" is someone who supports the "invisible hand of a free market".
Our politics in germany is called: neo liberalism. That means: regulation only in a few sectors (state controled: health care and social security systems).
A liberal is someone who respects free speech, free press and the freedom of choice as long as no one is harmed.

What you just described has very little to do with American liberals. For one thing, they don't believe in the free market. They don't believe in limited regulation, they want a regulation nation, where everything is controlled by the government. They don't respect free speech, they actively protest, riot and get places closed down when people they don't like are scheduled to give speeches. You don't understand the negative tone because you don't understand the American liberal.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Should be the head of an illegal immigrant.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have seen some uprising in different eu country's, but i don't think that is enought to turn the tide. But Trump can really make a difference imo. His pep talks to the people he meets are a message and i feel like that positive energy is about to spread in every rank.

Think about it, whistleblowers have to flee to foreign country's to escape dead. What the f*#].

While the new administration is firing all corrupted money grabbing puppets, others see the chance and will likely start spilling beans on other people soon to clear there name from keeping there eyes shut the past decades.

Something huge is on the move for sure!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How do you feel about trump defending LGBT rights this week? Must sting

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LMAO@ Germany
Ich habe aber auch keinen Zweifel darüber gelassen, daß, wenn die Völker Europas wieder nur als Aktienpakete dieser internationalen Geld- und Finanzverschwörer angesehen werden, dann auch jenes Volk mit zur Verantwortung gezogen werden wird, das der eigentliche Schuldige an dieses mörderischen Ringen ist: Das Judentum!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So in an attempt to bash Trump, they made him look like one of their refugees they opened their border wide open to.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underduck

That is my point exactly. Here we have yet another false equivalency:

"Well Obama signed Executive Orders, so why can't Trump!!!???"

That is utter claptrap. Of course Trump can sign an Executive Order, but that does not make it Constitutional, that does not make it legal and that does not mean it can't be challenged by the judiciary of every state in the union, and by the Supreme Court.

Those of you defending his Executive Order really ought to take note.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Noncents

But do you not understand this isn't just about Trump? This is about the power of the executive order and it goes beyond our current president. Every president since George Washington has used them. And here we have people saying they are undemocratic.

Care to comment on that? Can you look beyond your hatred for the current president to talk about our political system that is being denigrated?

Its like the electoral College that has worked fine since 1787 and fantastic for every Democratic President, but now they want to change it. Same with executive orders, was fantastic when Obama was turning them out all over the place, but now they are so wrong.... lol

Except for the fact that Trump criticized the EC in the past. I heard a commentator claim today that Trump is using chaos theory, create so many issues at one time, that enough people cannot focus on them, and then he could do what he wanted to do. To me, as a vet, this is not a good way to run a country. Trump will not last 4 years, I do not believe, and it will not be from outside forces, there are many in this country that believe his mental health is in danger.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette
You talk about false equivalency but the OP is not about the content of the executive orders.

Maybe I'm confused and wrong. Can you point out where in the OP it talks about the content of the orders? From what I can tell the OP is actually about the way the government works. It's about how Germany doesn't allow a process like executive orders because they believe the process is undemocratic.

It appears to me that people are twisting the conversation so they can complain about Trump or the contents of the executive orders. I've already pointed this out in this thread... The OP is not about a specific executive order. It's about all of them, ever.

Executive orders have done exceptional things for our country in the past. They will do so again in the future. Not all are winners. Some should and do get shut down. But to say that they should not be allowed at all just because people are against the current temporary, four or eight years, president is absurd.
edit on 4-2-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded upon

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Good.

I am happy opposition to Trump is world wide.

As well as it is in America.

There is also worldwide support of Trump to, and we also like to laugh at the triggered.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11

What you just described has very little to do with American liberals. For one thing, they don't believe in the free market. They don't believe in limited regulation, they want a regulation nation, where everything is controlled by the government. They don't respect free speech, they actively protest, riot and get places closed down when people they don't like are scheduled to give speeches. You don't understand the negative tone because you don't understand the American liberal.

And some super power has allowed you to understand the American Liberal? I am a student of history and political science for most of my adult life and do not understand the fringe on either side, which is why I stand a little center left.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

originally posted by: Annee
Good.

I am happy opposition to Trump is world wide.

As well as it is in America.

There is also worldwide support of Trump to, and we also like to laugh at the triggered.

All the while the "triggered" are laughing at you for using words like triggered, snowflakes, and SJW. You would honestly come out in public and claim you do not believe in equality for all?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join