It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unwanted or needed EU immigrants, kick them out

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

People from the UK have been going abroad for years and end up begging on the streets. A good mate of mine packed up his job as a nurse in London and headed to Greece..1992, just before the first gulf war. He was basically busking and living in a squat for 4 months. Was he a beggar.? You could argue he was no differnet to a eastern european coming here living in squalor and begging/Busking to get by.

I could tell you the whole story of his time busking in greece and the struggle trying to get back to blighty with a handfull of loose change in his pocket but it's an epic tale that would fill a page here. You would be knotted with laughter.

In All fairness he did eventually leave for home. He's dead now.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Try begging in Australia or Canada and see how quickly your arse will be flown back.
Improve border control here and no problem.

I play several instrument, I would get by without the need to beg.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Haha fair one!
I'd be kicked out, I can only play the recorder, possibly the only instrument in the world which still sounds horrible even played correctly.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Greece though again, EU.
Your mate wouldn't have had that option outside of the EU.
Hopefully after Brexit then EU beggars won't have the option here.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Haha fair one!
I'd be kicked out, I can only play the recorder, possibly the only instrument in the world which still sounds horrible even played correctly.

Too true
..I'll give the recorder a pass mark on Stairway to Heaven though.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Rebuilding Syria will be a big job and will require millions to work there.......as soon as the world bank or whatever approves a new Marshal Program or some sh*t.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Syria has enough of its own unskilled workers, I can't imagine many EU nationals wanting to beg there.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
He is actually breaking the law if he has been here more than 3 months and incapable of supporting himself. Clearly true.

The fault lies with UK nationals incapable of doing their fricking job and enforcing the law.

Sorry yorkshirelad, I completely missed your post on the bottom of the first page.
You are absolutely right, the immigration service is under exactly the same resource issues as every other agency, including police.
My local constabulary even announced last year that they will no longer investigate petrol station 'drive offs' any more unless there is clear evidence of fraud such as fake number plates on the vehicle etc. They are woefully under resourced so kicking an illegal EU beggar out is way down the list of priorities.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket as folks increasingly obsess over the symptoms of problems and not the cause.

The beggar in my OP example IS the cause though. I offered him assistance to contact his embassy because his story was that he needed money to get home. He angrily refused. It was his choice.
Do you blame the police for burglaries or do you blame the burglars? I blame the burglars.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Refugees, this their favorite song!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

This thread is about EU nationals who are begging in the UK, not refugees.
But as you mention refugees, I'd support an extra penny in the pound on my income taxes to provide dedicated humanitarian aid in-situ where people are suffering. Maybe if we'd done that in Turkey for the Syrians, and Germany's Merkel hadn't cried "Make the sea crossing we will welcome you" many people would not have died and been so displaced from their region.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I understand your sentiments but my OP is about EU nationals who are legally entitled to be here in the UK.
It is why I voted 'leave' in the referendum last year for the UK out of the EU.

*edit*
Well, one reason lol British sovereignty and control of immigration is no bad thing if the immigrants are needed

I watched this programme on TV this afternoon.... It wasn't good for my

blood pressure

A Romanian Gypsy using his benefits to build a house for himself back home

and paying casual labour from his benefits, kissing the surplus money and

smiling at the camera while saying "Thank you England.

More here
www.dailymail.co.uk... hildren-homeland.html

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join