It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made-up men reflect changing $50bn male "grooming" industry-I've Tried to ignore it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
What does this have to do with homo phobia, that is so 2014. Check the expiration date on that, it out by years.

As I said, go for it. But there is a definite group of people who would not be so OK with it. Ignore it if you want.

I would get a chuckle out of a full made up young man, but I'm a live and let live'er.

This is about $.

edit on 4-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: seasonal

My favorite goto on the subject...

I like to call that move the "Trump surprise package"

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm fully aware the world where people stay the # out of other people's business doesn't exist. This thread is ample proof of it.

Point remains, if your opinion is that you shouldn't do things because it could create some risk then you shouldn't do anything at all, ever.

Perhaps, just maybe, if people like you gave less of a crap about what others were doing with themselves, then that risk you're so worried about wouldn't really be there.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Your grasp of the obvious is commendable. Of course there are risks. We wear seatbelts, have air bags and lock our doors while away or at night.

This is a ploy to make money, plain and simple.

If you want to wear make up go ahead, you would have no problem caused by me.

You seem to live in the world of If's. I live in the world of actual's.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I was in san Diego on business a year or so ago.

I had some free time so I went to some big open air mall to buy some stuff for the family.

I was stopped several times by women at these make-up stores trying to give me a make-over.

It blew my mind!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Uh oh. Trigger alert, somebody is falling back on getting personal because he can't make an actual point....

I'm sorry that pointing out that maybe if people like you gave less of a crap about what other people are doing when it has no bearing on you at all the world might be a little better off triggered you but...it's true.

And me realizing that doesn't mean I live in a world of "ifs" buddy. It means I realize a lot of people are douchebags, and we'd be better off if they weren't. That's a pretty grounded view of the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Try telling that to thousands of generations of middle easterners. The sun is so bright there if you don't wear eye protection (or shadow) outside in the desert sands, you'll get macular degeneration from all the reflected u.v.'s. And chapped lips. In hot, sandy, desert areas, like ancient egypt, eye shadow lipstick is normal -- not because they're all a bunch of b**f***ers (which they are, but that's another story).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What does this have to do with homo phobia, that is so 2014. Check the expiration date on that, it out by years. 

This?

As I said, go for it. But there is a definite group of people who would not be so OK with it. Ignore it if you want.

It's a safe assumption, the reason for the beating would be homophobia? The same people that would be calling them names like pansy, probably worse?

The irony of how offended, how afraid of a man in make-up some could be isn't lost on me. Maybe a name exists for phobia of make-up, but we are talking about men... Who you assume would most likely be due a sex change?

Called it what you like, or not.

I've known bouncers to wear make-up, body builders too. Mean who use sunbeds is on the rise too I see it as a similar trend.

Don't get me wrong, your 2am parking lot scenario can and does still happen but the victim is changing along with the times.

I opened with my first post:

Homophobic tendencies?

Do you not see how people who beat up men wearing make-up could tend to think about it in a certain way?

I hardly think it's a fear of make-up.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Better a first rate man than a second rate woman and vice versa.

You saying youd rather hook up with a hot guy than an average woman???

Mate youd love Thailand

No, that's you projecting if Thailand is where you gained your sexual wisdom.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Right,

Nothing I said was personal. You used the word if a lot.

I look at the world as is, even if it is unfair.

Some one wants to wear makeup, go for it. But use caution.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

At 2 AM the reasons are less important than the actions.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was in jail with a guy that bought red Kool-Aid powder through the commissary to use for lipstick.
I guess he thought it made him look pretty.
Humans are some odd primates.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

At 2 AM the reasons are less important than the actions.

Still a crime regardless of time or location this century or last, clubs have decent CCTV.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

After the fact that maybe true.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I understand many women wear makeup, but I personally hate it. To me it makes them look fake, like some kind of barbie-doll mannequin. I love seeing women go without it, because then they look like, you know, real women.
I wish the entire makeup industry would go away, for men and women both.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I was stopped several times by women at these make-up stores trying to give me a make-over.

It blew my mind!

I wish you would've taken them up on the offer, I still cannot see straight.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

After the fact that maybe true.

You're just fear mongering, people beating others up outside of clubs and pubs don't get far in life.

Just like you said, common sense keeps certain people out of certain areas of town at certain times. The common reveller knows this is true of pubs and clubs also.

Life can be seen as a study in risk assessment, it's good that you took the time and conscience to consider the male make-up wearer though I'm not sure it's their safety you're thinking about.

You'd rather them not wear make-up and that's not your choice.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It blew my mind!

I wish you would've taken them up on the offer, I still cannot see straight.

We argued. I'm a summer and they wanted to apply winter colors.

Everything clashed with my outfit.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

"If people weren't douchebags the world would be better off" is using if a lot? I mean I said if what, four times in one comment? But it was all in regards to if people worried about themselves and not others we'd all be better off so it's not as if I came up with all kinds of ridiculous scenarios to try and prove my point like nightclubs and bars at 2 am and neighborhoods people should avoid.

Oh...wait.

I think you're just stuck in your "if i have the last word that means I win" loop again. Whatever

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not what I said, I said go for it, but be careful.

I would think your point of view is more dangerous to a person made up than mine.

You'd rather them not wear make-up and that's not your choice.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join