It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made-up men reflect changing $50bn male "grooming" industry-I've Tried to ignore it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The only male I have ever met that did where make up was a guy who was going to, and did become a young women.

I have tried, Lord knows I have tried, to ignore this tomfoolery.

As a gen Xer, I know that Maybelline wants me to think this is..., well normal. If you wonder why maybelline wants this so bad, IT"S MONEY. This is not normal.
Any one who has grown up as an American male can tell you this is a much better way than being Goth to get your clock cleaned.
Growing up is hard enough, don't put this crap on your face, it's a neon open for ass kicking sign.

And if you ever want to make the next generation of 1/2 you's, this is not going to facilitate that. Most young women are not going to want to share their make up with their boy friend.

Maybelline’s Big Shot mascara campaign features a model with impeccable eye make-up, thick eyelashes and . . . well-groomed stubble.
Sample the FT’s top stories for a week

Manny Gutierrez last month became just the second man to be chosen as the face for a make-up advertisement, the first being cosmetics aficionado James Charles, whose Instagram posts caught the eye of Covergirl last year.
www.ft.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Better a first rate man than a second rate woman and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Guys wearing lipstick and makeup is not normal.

Just when yo think Americans can't get any more superficial.

They get more superficial.

It's nonsense.

Even Gals don't have to.

Be happy with who you are people.

Be real.

Don't be a FAKE.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, women have ignored my typical man-looks so far.

Who's to say a make-up-over wouldn't catch the eye of many a young lady?

edit on 4-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This sums up much of the culture change in the last few years. It covers multiple topics that you can see has come to pass in the world:

biblehub.com...

edit on 4-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So what is the difference between a man wearing makeup and a man wearing tattoos?

Except for the level of commitment, since tattoos are more difficult to remove.

And shouldn't a "real man", by your standard, not give a flying crap about what other people think about what HE chooses to put on his face, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Your body, your choice.

And finally, there is a real problem with what appears to be your easy acceptance of the possibility of violence being employed to enforce cultural, or even merely personal, standards of attire.

Considering that this is much the same mindset that justifies the beating, rape, and even murder of women in "those other countries",

You might want to check yourselves!
edit on 4-2-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Use caution my friend.

You will catch the eye of not only the laughing females, but the undesirables as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If men want to get gussied up and play the whole metrosexual fad, who cares?

It ain't harming anybody. I'm sure some find it attractive in their men.

I was being sarcastic by the way.

link   
The people who prey on other peoples weaknesses for pure greed are some of the most corrupted souls I have ever encountered in this reality. The sad thing is this type of profiteering is completely accepted in today's society.

Oh well ... gotta go ... I need to start researching how to hide my male pattern baldness instead of just accepting it. I am sure it is going to cost a lot of my labor. But it will be worth it for the shallow comfort it provides.

link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

OK, take a breath.

If you can't recognize that wearing full blown makeup may very well put you into a dangerous situation, you "check yourself".

And I don't give a hoot, do it up. But maybelline isn't doing this to make men more appealing to possible mates, they are doing it to make $$$. Again if you can't understand that, you should "check yourself".

And finally, if you can't see the cultural difference between rough and tough tats and wearing makeup, you should again "check yourself".

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Shaving and trimming some hairs are enough trouble for me. I shave once a week and that is a pain in the ass.
There's no way I will invest any time or money. in lipstick, eyeshadow and mascara.

(post by IAMTAT removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

No kidding. When maybelline gets a product out there that keeps the hair on my bean, and not the constant migration to my back, I will use their product.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Aye.

Not caring how I look anymore has been truly liberating.

Shave once a week. Haircut once every 4-6 months. Trim nails as needed.

It's already too much upkeep to cover the basics!

link   
I will personally never understand this crap. However I think it's because the country has turned into a popularity contest and he/she who is most ridiculous gets the most attention - and therefore "cool".
I am glad I live rural, and there are many reasons I moved here- my youngest son is not exposed to this type of retardation. I have 3 daughters who grew up in the city and all 3 have had problems due to the acceptance of what I call the "hoodrats syndrome".
This is not a racist thing- it's a type of hiding your weaknesses with false strength through being flamboyant. I can't expound enough how much this type of behavior upsets me when I see our children being exploited by a society of morons...

link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

So what is the difference between a man wearing makeup and a man wearing tattoos?

Except for the level of commitment, since tattoos are more difficult to remove.

And shouldn't a "real man", by your standard, not give a flying crap about what other people think about what HE chooses to put on his face, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Your body, your choice.

And finally, there is a real problem with what appears to be your easy acceptance of the possibility of violence being employed to enforce cultural, or even merely personal, standards of attire.

Considering that this is much the same mindset that justifies the beating, rape, and even murder of women in "those other countries",

You might want to check yourselves!

Come on now. Tattoos and make up are entirely different things altogether. What do they have in common? The fact that you're adorning your body?

Tats are for life. Make up lasts until you have a sex change, or get over your phase.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep, I hate spending time doing the same things that you mentioned.
Thankfully women understand and give us a pass, they know "we clean up well".

And thank God, when I see the regiment women go through, forget it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And furthermore I'm not a huge fan of makeup on women either. Ever get up close and feel like you're looking at a rubber Halloween mask??

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If a guy feminises his appearance then he will only be more attractive to those that find feminised male looks attractive. Likewise if a woman masculinises her appearance she will only be more attractive to those that find masculinised women attractive. I have only ever lifted weights and dressed well because I have found it attracts attention from those who I find most attractive; namely feminine women.
edit on 4-2-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Bhadhidar

OK, take a breath.

If you can't recognize that wearing full blown makeup may very well put you into a dangerous situation, you "check yourself".

And I don't give a hoot, do it up. But maybelline isn't doing this to make men more appealing to possible mates, they are doing it to make $$$. Again if you can't understand that, you should "check yourself".

And finally, if you can't see the cultural difference between rough and tough tats and wearing makeup, you should again "check yourself".

Leaving your house could "very well put you in a dangerous situation" so maybe you shouldn't do that. Ever.

Or, just an idea, you could not worry about what other people are doing that has absolutely zero impact on you. You do you and let them do them. When he starts trying to put makeup on your face then we can discuss getting worked up over it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join