It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Do you honestly believe if a civil war happened. The left would bring in armies of Muslims to fight for them?

I think you are fantasizing about a grand apocalyptic holy war. Where the Left allies with Islam and the Right with Christianity. Which severely over simplifies the concepts of Left, Right, Christian, Muslim. Into a simple duality. Good/Evil.

You would first need all of Christendom to unify. All of Islam to unify. The left and right within themselves to be of one mind, members completely agreeing on everything. When it's really more nuanced than that. Lets say that all does happen though. It would still take generations to get to the point.

If a civil war happened in the next decade. Islam would play a very small role if any. Their power base is not big enough in this country yet. And they are not even unified amongst themselves. Just look at Syria. How many Muslim sides are there in Syria?

Of course Islam would try to take over any country they become the majority in. But I think you are letting your religion become the lens through which you see how events are playing out.

Even if we let refugees in at the rates Obama was letting them in. It would be generations before they become the majority. And even then. They probably would not become the majority. You would still have the current breeding population of the United States and immigrants from places such as Mexico. Which last I checked was Catholic not Muslim.

The left uses Islam at times. The same way the right uses Islam at times. Neither are allied with it.

I don't relate to this level of cognitive dissonance.

There are over 3 million muslims in the U.S.A..

If you had actually read the Qu'ran, this would alarm you.

Of those, I suspect 2 million are ignorant of their own religion.

Of those, I suspect half will convert to Christianity and the others will become extremist.

That's 2 million Muslim soldiers.

There are 1.43 million active service members. Many are not home. Many are Air Force and Navy.

2 million Muslim soldiers willing to sacrifice themselves versus approximately 1/2 million service members, the majority of which have not seen combat, willing to die for country, but not suicide.

You really should read the Qu'ran. And you really shouldn't underestimate people.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Well, this country is torn three directions. Traditional rightest, traditional leftist, and an ever growing body of Independents who think both sides have done nothing but their damnedest to destroy this country. It's a recipe for the perfect storm.

There's a lot more to it than three directions. Dems have the progressives, moderates, liberals and then the far left. Repubs have conservatives, constitutional conservatives, alt right, and the extreme right, so on and so forth. Libertarians just want everyone to do their own thing without govt interference (which I like, but didn't like Gary Johnson), the others are pretty much jokes.

I don't really fit into any category - I like Libertarian ideals, agree with a lot of the conservative views, and don't mind moderate democrat policy. But the liberal agenda is what is tearing the country apart.

Amen it is true. If the we could just educate the ignorant this would dwindle the idiots.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: RomeByFire
I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

This is such an ignorant thread filled with non-sensical replies lol.

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

Too many people watching Fox News, I suppose.

I don't watch Fox news and didn't know Bill O'Reilly was smart enough to see that far ahead.

What I do know is that you've had the luxury of seeing multiple times how the left is employing ISLAM - I can't believe I must repeat: You won't recognize it as the civil war that it is.

Ok.

So when is this Civil War going to be happen? Where at? What time? For how long? About what, exactly? Can you provide any proof for these claims? Any external citations/sources to dig into?

Since we mere peons won't recognize the upcoming civil war for what it is - enlighten us.

The left is employing Islam? Who, exactly, on the left is employing Islam? How, exactly, are they employing Islam? Who, from Islam, are they employing? Who, from the left, is employing Islam? Where is this happening at? Is there a specific date where the left is going to employ Islam?

Don't worry. I know you won't answer any of my questions. Probably just say something about how I'm a libtard or a secret Muslim lover lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I think the tone of the op is dangerous, anybody with liberal leanings have been co opted by a muslim conspiracy, women who dare to leave their homes, have been co opted by a muslim conspiracy, anybody not a trump supporter is a danger to the US. Freaky times for you in the States, witch trials await.

Not witch trials.

During the Salem witch trials, actual witches accused Christians of being witches. Christians were burned, not witches.

We know what Islam is and who Muslims are. They don't hide. They are either ignorant or pretend to be peaceful.

When their numbers are great enough, they won't pretend anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe if a civil war happened. The left would bring in armies of Muslims to fight for them?

I think you are fantasizing about a grand apocalyptic holy war. Where the Left allies with Islam and the Right with Christianity. Which severely over simplifies the concepts of Left, Right, Christian, Muslim. Into a simple duality. Good/Evil.

You would first need all of Christendom to unify. All of Islam to unify. The left and right within themselves to be of one mind, members completely agreeing on everything. When it's really more nuanced than that. Lets say that all does happen though. It would still take generations to get to the point.

If a civil war happened in the next decade. Islam would play a very small role if any. Their power base is not big enough in this country yet. And they are not even unified amongst themselves. Just look at Syria. How many Muslim sides are there in Syria?

Of course Islam would try to take over any country they become the majority in. But I think you are letting your religion become the lens through which you see how events are playing out.

Even if we let refugees in at the rates Obama was letting them in. It would be generations before they become the majority. And even then. They probably would not become the majority. You would still have the current breeding population of the United States and immigrants from places such as Mexico. Which last I checked was Catholic not Muslim.

The left uses Islam at times. The same way the right uses Islam at times. Neither are allied with it.

Of those, I suspect half will convert to Christianity and the others will become extremist.

There are 1.43 million active service members. Many are not home. Many are Air Force and Navy.

2 million Muslim soldiers willing to sacrifice themselves versus approximately 1/2 million service members, the majority of which have not seen combat, willing to die for country, but not suicide.

You really should read the Qu'ran. And you really shouldn't underestimate people.

You talk about cognitive dissonance and then you go on to generalize and assume you know - for fact - the habits and living styles of three million people.

How do you know, exactly, that two million of them will become extremists?

Did they inform you of this? You must have a TON of friends. Or you're just making # up.

link   

I really, really, honestly have no idea why people are foaming at the mouth at the concept of a civil war.

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

Agreed. There will not be a civil war, but for some reason it's been brought-up numerous times recently.

What's even more interesting, is that the talk of civil war really took off after Bill Oreilly mentioned it on his show at the end of the election.

Personally I think you both are incredibly short sighted and lack the insight if you truly believe civil war is some impossible fantasy we are only imagining. Either that or you both are too insecure and scared to face the truth. Civil war is not irrational or improbable at this point and we are already on the path towards it.

link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

First, anyone that tells me I need to look at Alex Jones for the truth is probably coming from a perspective I don't want, need, nor can validate. Secondly, yes...there could be a civil war coming. That makes sense to me. But don't make the mistake that Trump is the leader for freedom. He is in it for profit. He has made that clear with limited visa exclusions to countries in which he conducts business or has financial interests.

In my opinion, the time for Nationalism is long overdue. Historically every world power has failed, or collapsed to a point in which it's influence has waned. We are watching the cusp of that happening to the USA. We outsourced everything...labor, production, even consumer support; all in the sake of profits for the rich, because capitalism. This has kept product pricing artificially low and widened the gap between the rich and the non-rich. We all but eliminated retirement plans...again to keep the gap between rich and non-rich wide. The nationalism that everyone talks about now is just another form of capitalism which some people are buying into. "America first?" I don't think that's what it really means. I think it means "rich CEOs first" more than "middle class hard working Americans first."

Is there unrest and tribalism that threatens to divide the country? Yes. There are those conservatives that think that change is a horrible thing. There are those liberals that think progress means more laws and restrictions. But here's a news flash...these ideologies aren't new. They have been at the heart of American politics for a long long time. The way we've always gotten around them is by compromise...normally brought about by the majority middle. Compromise is, in my opinion, what the founding fathers wanted, they wanted discussion. They wanted to see that this country could find it's way even as the future beckons and changes. I'm sure they would be appalled now, not how people have differing ideologies, but by how unwilling people with those ideologies are to compromise, how discussions debate not the topics but the people that hold the beliefs.

Maybe it's just me, but I can see a middle road with no name-calling. I can see a future in which we can get a long with most people, even of different political leanings. But I can't see it happening if we don't learn to tolerate each other, to compromise and to discuss to death the subject and leave the personalities out of it.

/jmho

link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Donald Trump is a rich man who pitted poor Whites against poor Blacks and it worked because people still don't realize how they are being used.

My 2 cents.

Really is that why the Black Ministers gave him an award BEFORE the election? OK did you forget that which makes this comment a lie or are you just lying?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If the left keeps pushing the right.

It will be on like Donkey Kong.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Why would someone with Christian values give Trump an award? He's pretty much the poster child very everything opposite to Christian values.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Absolutely # delusional.

Partanship > Country

I don't watch Fox news and didn't know Bill O'Reilly was smart enough to see that far ahead.

What I do know is that you've had the luxury of seeing multiple times how the left is employing ISLAM - I can't believe I must repeat: You won't recognize it as the civil war that it is.

Ok.

So when is this Civil War going to be happen? Where at? What time? For how long? About what, exactly? Can you provide any proof for these claims? Any external citations/sources to dig into?

Since we mere peons won't recognize the upcoming civil war for what it is - enlighten us.

The left is employing Islam? Who, exactly, on the left is employing Islam? How, exactly, are they employing Islam? Who, from Islam, are they employing? Who, from the left, is employing Islam? Where is this happening at? Is there a specific date where the left is going to employ Islam?

Don't worry. I know you won't answer any of my questions. Probably just say something about how I'm a libtard or a secret Muslim lover lol.

I don't call people "libtard" and I have no problem loving a Muslim. I have a problem with Islam.

The Civil War is happening now. The first shots have already been fired at protests. The organizational deadline is the question here. I don't know the answer to that. But I know a storm is coming when I see storm clouds.

The left defends Muslims and believes them to be their own - a people devoted to an extremely far-right idealogy, ironically enough. They do this because they want blood. They are bored, never suffered really, and they pathologically desire conflict.

Behold how Muslims were a major part of the women's march.

To a devout Muslim, liberals are idiots begging to be manipulated. And so they shall be.

The ignorance is truly outstanding. The disconnect is... Esoteric.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SaturnFX

Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now.

That just isn't true.

The Tea Party never came close to what critics of the current administration are doing.

From Ferguson to Berkeley.

I will agree that the progressive kids are a lot more hotheaded. This is good and bad. sucks that they will break up their own town the second their safe space gets violated, but, on the other hand, they are ineffectual and end up making things worse on themselves and their "message".
On the other side of the coin, it was a older crowd, and far more organized..more dangerous. When they were discussing at the highest levels "2nd amendment remedies"..that was a issue. If you disagree you are simply disingenuous.

They are reserving the right to exercise the second so as to show WE HAVE THAT RIGHT if people are going to be violent against us, period..... I plan on waiting till I have little choice and you know it. Facts are confusing to lefties aren't they?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You talk about cognitive dissonance and then you go on to generalize and assume you know - for fact - the habits and living styles of three million people.

How do you know, exactly, that two million of them will become extremists?

Did they inform you of this? You must have a TON of friends. Or you're just making # up.

Would you kindly please read the Qu'ran and then go and actually talk with Muslims about their faith. Your arrogance is beyond ignorance.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There are 1.43 million active service members.

First, there are over 300 million people in this country. 2 million is a drop in the bucket.

Second, so you really expect those 2 million Muslims in this country to all want to form an army with a unified goal. Are all 2 million Muslims from the same sect? Are all 2 million Muslims combat trained?

I don't relate to your level of cognitive dissonance. Especially when your allowing your religion to mix in so heavily with your thoughts, beliefs, and attitude. You think there must be a holy war with Islam. Because your version of your religion dictates that such must happen. So you let that influence your thoughts on what must happen.

edit on 4-2-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: deuceawesome

If the US goes down, so does the whole world. US unrest and civil war is an international issue.
That's true to a degree. However, it's the height of arrogance to think the vacuum won't be filled. It won't be immediate, but it'll be filled.

Just better hope by that point, things are not at a point of no return. The world would feel it if America had a civil war. In fact, I think other nations (our allies) would try to either stop it and intervene, or help a certain side of the cause.

In the end though, We're not going anywhere. We just have to deal with some pest control issues before they get out of hand.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Justoneman
Why would someone with Christian values give Trump an award? He's pretty much the poster child very everything opposite to Christian values.

Every single Christian is the poster child of everything opposing Christian values. The difference is that we admit to being failures everyday. We wish we could be as good as Jesus and are tortured in our minds and bodies that we cannot muster that kind of strength.

You've clearly never tried being perfect.

But Trump is aware that he can put some systems in place that are right. He's a failure, but at least he is aiming for what's right.

If you don't aim for it, you have no prayer in achieving it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
Today's liberals wouldn't last a week in a war. I'm not worried about a civil war.

There are plenty of liberals fighting in "wars" as we speak.
|

Really, then why do they want us disarmed. Not since the volunteer army replaced the draft did many Liberals join Intr. Your not going to get away with that one. I happen to know first hand that statement you made is way, way wrong.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There are 1.43 million active service members.

First, there are over 300 million people in this country. 2 million is a drop in the bucket.

Second, so you really expect all 2 million Muslims in this country to all want to form an army with a unified goal. Are all 2 million Muslims from the same sect? Are all 2 million Muslims combat trained?

I don't relate to your level of cognitive dissonance. Especially when your allowing your religion to mix in so heavily with your thoughts, beliefs, and attitude. You think there must be a holy war with Islam. Because your religion dictates that such must happen. So you let that influence your thoughts on what must happen.

God help me.

You haven't even read the Qu'ran or the Bible, that's so obvious.

My "religion" does not demand war with any flesh, any people. It demands war with powers, principalities; ideologies.

A Muslim murderer is not only from one sect, firstly.

Secondly, have you ever met your enemy in a different state, and all of a sudden you're best buddies because you're both foreigners in a land not your own? Though you hated eachother before, in this new place, you are the closest to home you've ever been. And you would defend your only friend in that new place, despite your previous disagreements.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
No I've never tried being perfect, exercise on futility. Apart from that would my idea of perfect be the same as someone else? But billionaires? Isn't there some Christian saying about camels and needles?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist
a reply to: neo96

Hell,the Tea Party even picked up their own trash after their protests.

It really boils down to the class of people you are dealing with.

A class of people who think Obama was born in Africa...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join