It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is headed toward a Civil War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
If there is ever a civil war. America will never be great again. It is not 1861 anymore. A second American civil war will not play out like the first one did. Just look at every modern day civil war or wars from the far past when empires break up. That is what will happen here.

It will not be the Left wins or the Right wins, and the winner goes on to be the only power in the country. The end result would be the country breaking apart into multiple pieces. Divided we are not a super power. Divided we are at the mercy of other powers and global agendas.

If a civil war happens. We get decades upon decades of chaos and death. Our children dying for a future were America is never great again.

Why are you not understanding. What is going on with your heads.

The left won't be the ones primarily holding the rifles. It will be their proxy army - ISLAM.

People won't even recognize it for the civil war that it actually is.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I remember the Ronald Ray Gun era , he wasn't really a politician either but at least he had experience of politics unlike the apprentice who sits in the big chair now , no matter how I look at it this isn't going to end well for any of us.
Not being a politician isn't particularly a negative. I'd argue that politicians along with their handlers are what created the mess to begin with.
edit on 4-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
We need someone to unify us, and Trump is 100% not that guy

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill

A man cannot unify your brain to the truth.

No one thinks that a man can. I certainly hope not.

It's up to individuals to use their heads. Or if that's not working, pray.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Sadly I don't think you guys had that choice in November from any candidates.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I find myself daily having to reel people back from the edge. Yesterday it was the "Muslim" ban today it's insane people buying guns, tomorrow it could literally be anything. This isn't Trumps fault either and this is nothing compared to the tea party protests. This is pure fear driven mass hysteria propagated by the media and fanned by ill informed people parroting it on social media.

The MSM and the left actually called Trump supporters Nazis enough people now believe it's acceptable to violently oppose them.
It's freaking crazy!
Especially now that most liberals I talk to see civil war as a possibility they also realized they wouldn't last very long against these "bitter gun clingers". The best thing "liberals" can do is GTFO. Do what us classical liberals did years ago and disassociate with these raving SJW, virtue signaling, guilt riddled, 3rd wave feminists. It's a toxic ideology that promotes people to oppress others who are deemed less oppressed by the collective. Hence the huge leap in transgenders. Most of whom are white males who have suffered white genitalia oppression since birth and decided to become an oppression Olympics athlete. Only one way a white CIS male can do that is go under the knife.
This is like living in some crazy amalgam of 1984, brave new world, and Idiocracy.

I knew liberalism was dead when people like Obama and Hillary Clinton could claim to be champion liberals and no one would challenge it. Liberals could stage sit-in's to strip away rights rather than preserve them. Liberals could gloss over the loss of life to push a narrative. I almost feel disgusted I once associated with this ideology...

Modern American Liberalism is DYING GTFO!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Unless someone is going to fund people to get off their collective a$$, no civil war will happen. People love to remind everyone else how ready they are and prepared for civil war, unrest, national meltdown etc but talk is cheap. People out there will demonstrate as is their right to do so and I believe paid agitators will most likely always infiltrate. Portions of violence will almost always happen and I believe it's controlled and how long it goes on for media ratings and further reason eventually to strip away more freedoms. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

The problem is that liberal ideology allows for them to be manipulated that way.

Conservatism can often forget a human is human; but liberalism calls human that which is inhumane.

link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

If the US goes down, so does the whole world. US unrest and civil war is an international issue.

link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Here's your gold medal for the mental gymnastics...

Sweet.

Yeah, I know..the tea party was just kidding about all that 2nd amendment remedies stuff..such jokers.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I'd be interested to know why specifically you prefer the Bible to the Qu'ran. In my opinion they are both outdated texts with dangerous ideas

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Unless someone is going to fund people to get off their collective a$$, no civil war will happen. People love to remind everyone else how ready they are and prepared for civil war, unrest, national meltdown etc but talk is cheap. People out there will demonstrate as is their right to do so and I believe paid agitators will most likely always infiltrate. Portions of violence will almost always happen and I believe it's controlled and how long it goes on for media ratings and further reason eventually to strip away more freedoms. Just my opinion.

Have you not been reading....

Why do you think the name "Soros" keeps appearing and disappearing out of existence like a quantum particle?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

A topic that has interested me of late is the anti war protests of the late 60's and early 70's. Would like to hear from anyone who was a part of that. The "hippies" vs the "patriots". Kent state shooting of protesters. Riots.

No civil war came of that and it makes these times look like Kumbaya.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

If the US goes down, so does the whole world. US unrest and civil war is an international issue.
That's true to a degree. However, it's the height of arrogance to think the vacuum won't be filled. It won't be immediate, but it'll be filled.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Naa, we are fine.
Back in 08-10, we had tea party folks with just as much ferver in opposing Obama as what the left is doing now. This is seemingly the norm now..if your party wins, you wring your hands at how horrible and anti-american the opposite side is, then if your party loses, you feel you need to "save" america from the obvious infiltrators and destroyers of the country that just snuck into the whitehouse.

Its all just a game of nonsense from the extremes, but war...it will be the war only the true nutjobs will show up for if there ever was.

In saying that, I think Milo should go give another speaking at a university in CA soon..but this time, dont hire rent-a-cops for security...hire the Hells Angels. Watch the fireworks

This is revisionist history. There was no violence at all from the Tea Party. The Tea Party even cleaned up all the junk after their rallies. Not at all comparable. The tea party also wasn't shutting down anyone's free speech.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'd be interested to know why specifically you prefer the Bible to the Qu'ran. In my opinion they are both outdated texts with dangerous ideas

Yes. It is dangerous to believe in loving your enemies. Equally as dangerous as believing in destroying and enslaving your enemies.

The first is counterintuitive and dangerous to self. The other is natural and dangerous to others.

That's why Jesus > Mohammed to me.

And there is nothing outdated about loving your enemies in the name of God. As I said in another b thread, the idea is so counterintuitive that it can only be considered as an idea FAR ahead of its time.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Depends on what your idea of "goes down" is. Economically? Sure it would be felt, but it wouldn't be a world threatening situation. Pockets of unrest have happened all over the world since the beginning of time. The West as we know it has been immune from it (so far)

*edit should have said North America has been immune
edit on 4-2-2017 by deuceawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

He's not going to fund an army of armchair warriors. He funds agitators and groups of thugs not battalions of people on one side or the other. When I see Soros arming U.S Citizens with artillery, grenades, flamethrowers, etc then maybe.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome

A topic that has interested me of late is the anti war protests of the late 60's and early 70's. Would like to hear from anyone who was a part of that. The "hippies" vs the "patriots". Kent state shooting of protesters. Riots.

No civil war came of that and it makes these times look like Kumbaya.

Before a major earthquake, there are small tremors, and then a long silence.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I almost feel disgusted I once associated with this ideology...

hmm
I think your biggest issue, as mine, is the progressive push within the liberal mainstream...it has rapidly become the loudest voice on the left, and now to say you are a liberal (such as Bill Maher), people assume you are a progressive (like your typical blue haired sjw).
So that sucks.

I've moved more to the center and away from any and all of the above. I still have stances based in some principles, but yeah, I tend to classify myself more of a civil libertarian with nuances than anything else..its too hard explaining a old school liberalism under the weight the progressives have made. The left is split..but the right is also..and I think its a good thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join