It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn liberals are why we can't have nice things.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: zosimov
What is so truly funny, and what is right in front of your face, is that you, sir, are every bit as antagonistic as those you condemn.

This just proves that the elephant in room is that we are all the same, we all have Trump in us. The only difference is one side clearly sees this and one side is in deep denial

If you are trying to place some sort of morally negating equivalency on both sides here......you are simply demonstrating that you are a liberal or have been victimized by a liberal education.

I'm sorry but did you just call me a liberal?

I was clearly pointing out a dynamic that many seem to overlook and ignore but it's quite evident and clear when you take a step back and observe with rational lenses.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Good news here is that, simply by joining a particular political party (Republican), one can automatically become a good, decent human being!
It's kind of like joining Christianity- call yourself a Christian and you are automatically righteous!
Glad it's that easy.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I am right there with you. I am angry as well.

My area is a mixture of European mixed with American Indian, with about 30% black and maybe 5-10% Hispanic. We all get along just fine. We may have our disagreements, but we always just talk them out, or avoid each other. Until the last few years. Now this arguing and anger are showing up. I blame the media and rioters for stirring up trouble nationally.

And this is a rural area. My closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away, and we've been best friends for 43 years. The closest town has maybe 200 people. The closest large town, the county seat, has less than 15,000 people. There many times more deer than people in the county. If this mess can reach here, God help the cities!

The left apparently wanted a showdown... the news is opining as I type this that the immigration case may go to the Supreme Court. One side is quoting law, while the other is trying to justify their argument by defining non-Americans in foreign countries as having US Constitutional protections. So it looks like they're going to get a showdown.

I'm not getting involved... except to state my views here. The fighting will stay out of my yard, regardless of what I have to do to make that happen. I'm considered a pacifist by many here... so how angry are the non-pacifists getting?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Lol that's not true. Plus I'm not even Republican. I'm not anything. I just call it how I see it and wether that pushes me to the left or right then so be it.

But to be frank I'd be quite embarrassed to be a liberal at the moment

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

...and there has never been a time where conservatives have ever engaged in violence...

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “# Obama!” and “Nigger president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts.

In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

Both sides do it. Conservatives are not any better.

Source
edit on 4-2-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Everytime I see another post insulting "leftists" on this site, I think of my aging democrat parents who have done nothing but good for our society, contributed and worked hard their whole lives.. hell..most people I meet says that my dad is the kindest man they know (really he is just a great guy) and I get pissed! I don't like people insulting a large subset of my parents/family/friends. Does that make sense?

But there is a big point here... We can also apply this to Muslims around the world. You parents are really great people, a very large percentage of Muslims are really great people too. but what does either have to do with radicals? Even radicals are OK until their numbers and actions reach a point that they cause harm, and that is the problem here.

We could interchange all this to Buddhist and liberals if there were millions of Buddhist doing what ISIS, al-Qaeda Boko Haram etc. have been doing, and 10,000s of liberals were rioting, violent protesting, attacking all with different views..., but there are not while radical/extremist Leftist and Muslims are, hence the world we live in today.

The point you make about your parents is moot just like my point that 2.5 billion Muslims are great people is also moot....

edit on 4-2-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I thought I was reinforcing your point (of us all having a bit of "Trump" in us) through a sarcastic remark.. but maybe not.

Regardless, I don't think anyone's political stance, and especially not one that approximately half a given population ascribes to, is something to be embarassed by.

I am a woman and do not get embarrassed by another woman's actions.

I am a "white" American and do not get embarrassed or feel guilty for the atrocities white people have committed over the years.

I am an American and do not get embarrassed by the perpetual warfare that my country engages in.

I am a human being and do not get embarrassed by the evil that men do.

I do, however, get embarrassed by my own detrimental actions or lack action. And I will continue to do so. Here's my picture:

If you ever see me rioting, throwing things through windows, setting fires, etc, whether it be in person or on the news, you have my permission to seek me out on here, call me a hypocrite, embarrass me.. Until that time, I will hold to my beliefs without shame.

edit on 4-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So you want to do away with individual responsibility? We can do horrendous things and blame the group?

I don't buy it. That's the kind of thinking, btw, that leads to "white guilt" etc.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So you want to do away with individual responsibility? We can do horrendous things and blame the group?

I don't buy it. That's the kind of thinking, btw, that leads to "white guilt" etc.

The left does not believe in individual responsibility...

You missed my point....If you have ten radicals that is a rather easy thing to control, if you have 10 million what do you do now? Tell me where was the individual responsibility with 1000s rioting at Berkeley? Why didn't the police arrest everyone of them? The answer is that they couldn't, individual responsibility is no longer a factor or controllable when numbers exceed what society can handle.

You can't say Muslims are not an issue because 2.5 billion are great people and only 200 million are bad... And you can't say that Liberals are not causing harm to our country because only a few million are radical out of 100 million. It's only 3% so not a big deal right...lol

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Source for the few million radicalized dems?

Part of individual responsiblility, btw, is to care for those less fortunate. Just ask Jesus.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Source for the few million radicalized dems?

Part of individual responsiblility, btw, is to care for those less fortunate. Just ask Jesus.

So you agree with my post since you just want numbers....lol

That goes down another path of sympathizers. We can say that true radicals are a small minority, but then what could be a rather large chunk of a group can be sympathizers. With these last elections I truly see the whole damn left as being salty as hell since the media has had her the winner for two years, and women in general saw this as a chance to break he glass ceiling that slipped away. When the silent majority sympathies as we see in the Middle East it compounds the issue a great deal.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So you got nothing but sentiment and your own personal observation?

Ok.

How do you feel when this same argument is used against whites in general when only a minority are white supremecists?
edit on 4-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think the greatest charities in the world are Christian based so ya...

So do you believe each person is responsible for their actions?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

How do you feel when this same argument is used against whites in general when only a minority are white supremecists?

Once again it is more about true numbers.... There are all kinds of radical groups, but not all radical groups are a problem. The "not being a problem" has nothing to do with their radical beliefs that in general can be a big issue, it is about how many have those beliefs.

You have 30 KKK come out of their double wides, complaining that non-whites took their job as they march down main street one day is more of a joke then a problem. A small group of radical leftists passing out fliers is also not an issue, but 3000 rioting at Berkeley is...

The bottom line is you can not say something is not a problem just because only a small percentage of a group is the problem when the group as a whole is extremely large. Small percentage or not it is still a large number of people.

]

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Alright. I'm not sure we are going to agree here. I'd still like a link to those numbers you speak of before I can make an informed decision.

Anyway, it's been nice talking to you! Have a wonderful peaceful night
I will do the same.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Jesus never suggested forcing others to pay for that charity through taxes.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You literally said nothing except that liberals don't like cheese and meat. I can't believe you got so many stars for nothing thought provoking whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

No I completely understood, I was just trying to reinforce it for a final time by keeping it real and admitting both sides.

I was obviously painting with a large brush and if I offended you I apologise, those were not my intentions, I'm not trying to offend anyone. I find it's just easier to be blunt with everything while still being honest with myself, because if there's one thing I know, it's that the truth will always resonate regardless who or where it comes from.

I only say I'm not Republican because for me it's not about politics, I'm about the truth and to be frank the only way you can see the truth is to not allow your emotions cloud your judgement. Which a lot of liberals have a hard time with (again large brush) and you would be naive to disagree with me.

I'm not embarrassed by your policies or beliefs, and I'm not saying you are bad human beings. I know everyone has good intentions in their hearts but if you actually take a step back and leave all your emotions at the door and look at everything from a rational point of view, everything becomes quite clear.

I only know how to be myself, so I apologise again if I offend anyone but is just the way it has to be. At least with me. You can't fix a problem unless you acknowledge it and my only hope is I can open some eyes. Even if it means I lose some friends along the way.

But hey.

Now why would I want to embarrass you for? I already know I'm not going to see you with a sign jumping through a window on fire.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Good news here is that, simply by joining a particular political party (Republican), one can automatically become a good, decent human being!
It's kind of like joining Christianity- call yourself a Christian and you are automatically righteous!
Glad it's that easy.

Nope..doesn't work that way. There are "deplorables" in every belief and institution. It's the human condition.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join