It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn liberals are why we can't have nice things.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So are you saying its racist to think black people don't need handouts?
Or that Europeans aren't racist because they don't have many black people?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's libertarians?

I'm not a conservative, though I doubt you actually read enough to care about anything other than the fact that I'm speaking out against a group you so defiantly defend on these forums.

Smashing windows and lighting things on fire is not okay, period.

I've only seen reports of liberals doing this.

Show me libertarians and conservatives doing this, and I'll also throw them ( as people, not the whole group ) in the "bad egg" basket.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You know, you conservatives love to hate liberals and anyone who doesn't agree with your conservative beliefs. You and all your other conservative friends have been complaining on ATS about all the liberal hate against conservatives and Trump. You call them hypocrites, yet there isn't a day that goes by that someone like you doesn't post a thread attacking liberals or those who don't support Trump. Before all this, there was constant threads of ridiculous hate directed toward Obama, even to the point of attacking his dog! Conservatives in congress did everything to block any legislation by Obama. Now the shoe is on the other foot and I'm sure democrats are planning on doing the exact same thing!

This is a clear example of hypocrisy! So I know it's really difficult for conservatives to accept that fact. They can't even be honest with themselves and recognize their conservative president has some major character flaws. Instead, they try to find excuses, or look the other way to justify his childish rants, and ignorant tweets. I swear the guy thinks the U.S. government can be ran like a dictatorship and doesn't understand our government is made up of a system of checks and balances. Law suits seem to follow Trump wherever he goes, even into the White House.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The problem is that both sides are guilty. Trump supporters are celebrating their win, and lashing out at what they have been saying are abuses over the last 8 years. Anti-Trump people are screaming about what they see as problems coming over the next 8 years. The anti-Trump people spent the election calling Trump every name in the book, from "clown" to "incompetant" to comparisons with Hitler, and their candidate called Trump supporters "deplorable." In turn, in response to the riots and crazy protests, Trump supporters started using the labels "snowflakes" and "SJWs." Admittedly, those terms were coined earlier in response to a select few that seemed to melt down in the face of reality, but the big push started after the election.

Both sides need to get a grip. As my Dad used to say, "Stop acting like a child and people will stop treating you like a child."

Both sides have legitimate concerns. Trump is inexperienced in some political areas. Obama's policies were painful to a lot of people. No one likes to be called names. Agreed, understood. But no one is going to sit and try to debate logically to try and resolve issues with someone throwing a fit, either. I have personally engaged both members here and people in real life to try and dissuade their fears about Trump, or to explain why I was opposed to most of Obama's policies... the result was always the same: name-calling, accusations, and an adamant refusal to listen to anything I said. That is a useless conversation.

Here's the deal, in a nutshell. Donald John Trump is President of the United States. Trump has the exact same responsibilities and abilities Barrack Obama held for 8 years. Trump will do some things different than Obama did. Trump will be judged again in 4 years by the American people, just like every other President. Nothing, no protests, no complaining, no threats, no tantrums, no judges, no laws can change that. The only thing individuals can do is to try and persuade others to their viewpoint.

Name-calling and outrageous actions and violence will not accomplish that. They will only ensure that the quiet majority of Americans who are watching from the sideline will again reject those who engage in such.

Every person has an opportunity right now to stop the vitriol and make the best out of what is. But that requires getting the emotions under control and starting to talk to each other like adults. Sadly, I don't see that happening. So based on this and the perspectives I hear from those who are quietly watching, here is my prediction for the result, assuming the antics continue.

Option 1:
If the rioters and tantrums go too far, there will be a backlash. Most Americans are not happy with those tactics, and as soon as they push into real America, the violence will explode and a lot of people will die. If it pushes too hard, there is a possibility that the entire country will erupt in another Civil War. Californians, beware; you are about to light that fuse with this talk of secession. Be very careful what you ask for; you might just get it.

In the meantime, government will feel obliged to grab even more power, and at the end if the turmoil we will live under a dictatorship.

Option 2:
If that does not happen, and I personally place the odds at 40-60 and increasing that it will, Donald Trump will be President for 8 years with all 8 having a Republican Congress. He will remain untouchable during that time, because the anti-Trump rhetoric will discredit anyone who has a legitimate disagreement with him. Mike Pence will then take the next 8 years, and by the end of that time, the Democratic Party will no longer exist as a national power. It will be replaced, but I have no idea by what or who.

That's where we are headed, like it or not. People on both sides can either shape up or not; I have no control over this. I'm not driving the freight train barreling at us; I'm just pointing at it and trying to get others to look.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled bash-fest.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

It's libertarians?

I'm not a conservative, though I doubt you actually read enough to care about anything other than the fact that I'm speaking out against a group you so defiantly defend on these forums.

Smashing windows and lighting things on fire is not okay, period.

I've only seen reports of liberals doing this.

Show me libertarians and conservatives doing this, and I'll also throw them ( as people, not the whole group ) in the "bad egg" basket.

I read the entire thing. Now, whatever it is you identify with, can be snowflakes.

All sides do this. Some that are not any side during protests, some cause mayhem because the opportunity presented itself.

I could note a lot of conservatives that have shot and killed people. Then we can talk about broken windows.

I could the same amount of examples, probably more, of conservatives in the news being violent and especially spreading hate. Spreading hate is what conservatives are famous for.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I could note a lot of conservatives that have shot and killed people. Then we can talk about broken windows.

I read that as you expressing a belief that all conservatives shoot people for fun.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

But I also have never written a post with the sole intention of insulting random people online.

Ummm...yet...somehow you just did that...

You see...that's the whole gist of the OP's message...
You hold up a mirror and somehow can't seem to see your own image on it's backside...

Go figure...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Wow I thought I lived in a sparsely populated place. The county I live in covers 1,593 sq. miles with a population of 6,519. The majority is concentrated in small towns/communities. I live out in the county, neighbors are miles apart.

Country people aren't so caught up in labels/divisions. We're fairly eccentric/set in our ways, because of that we respect and are protective of the rights of others.

In our quest for human companionship we overlook differences and embrace what we have in common. Although we don't always agree on current events/politics etc. we're very much on the same page concerning life style, home, family and work.

I'd say country folk are better at prioritizing. Living harmoniously in a harsh environment serves us best. Hating each other over issues that may/may not ever come to fruition/touch our lives is not worth being at odds with neighbors.

Repubs, Dems, Independents, black/white/latino etc. we're all in the same boat and we absolutely need each other. We country bumpkins, who everyone likes to poke fun at, can respectfully put our differences aside for the greater good. We don't understand why city people can't come together, behave as civilized as we do???

We're so far removed from cities like Denver yet they've always called all the shots for our state as well as the country. We get whatever trickles down, if anything and typically it's not good. We're the forgotten "orphan" county and Americans like us have been the forgotten people for too long.

Despite our liberal leanings, our county supports Trump. He addressed our hopes/needs better than other candidates. We finally found our voice but an aggressive opposition wants to put us back in our forgotten places. We spoke loudly that we're sick to death of the status quo but we're shamed/diminished as ignorant deplorables, our voice/desire for change must be snuffed out at all costs.

We work harder than most, pay taxes and vote. We improve our properties/communities instead of destroying them. We're good charitable people, our family members join the military, we educate our children/raise them right and don't feel entitled to a damn thing we don't work for but people like us are considered obsolete we should go the way of the horse/carriage. No country for old men/women.

Since the election we feel like an unwanted, immigrant population within our own country. I get the feeling if some had their way we'd be shipped out/our property given away as reparation. I'm latina/native american, how would that even work?

Am I racist against myself because I want border controls to keep the cartels at bay? They're sniffing around BLM land, they're planting huge MJ grows yet the rest of the country thinks they know what's best for us? Totally clueless, completely removed from our reality. In our isolation it's beyond dangerous for cartel to be here roaming around. Are we expected to serve as collateral damage/martyrs for the liberal cause? F#@& that!

We're very disappointed, confused and feel the need to isolate ourselves more than we already have. We see violent current events in cities as a symptom of stress from living in BS artificial environments. People are being manipulated/pulled in so many directions they've forgotten how to act naturally/humanely. We don't hold out much hope for "civilized" society but we're glad we're far removed from it. Just my worries/rantings/opinions.
edit on 2-4-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Would you like to explain how it is insulting to point out the flaws in someone's logic? I'm not insulted by your post. Are you insulted by mine?

If your point is that we all tend toward hypocrisy, then I'd be inclined to agree. I'd also welcome you to scroll through all of the threads I've created here, to see how I overwhelmingly choose to use my voice on this forum in an attempt to bring people together (and on occasion to refute insults directed at random people), and then perhaps you would understand my point.
edit on 4-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In life there are always two sides to a coin ? There are choices ? Many or

at least two ? and for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction?

For every winner there is a loser? and that's life! ..... If you loose suck it

up.... There will be a next time.

The result of the election was not a landslide .... so there was always going

to be near enough as equal winners to losers. But why such sore losers?

The generation that has grown up not knowing how to loose (eg. everyone

gets a prize there are no losers is I don't think, yet in the mix, so God

help us all when they hit adulthood and join the SJW's and special snowflakes,

who live an unreal existance, where there is no hate no violence no greed

no poverty no lack of housing no rape no terrorism no crime.

Because they have forgotten or were never aware that, there are two

sides to every coin and that for every action there is an equal and

opposite reaction.

The modern trend of big hugs, group hugs, love ins ..... doesn't achieve

as much as backbone,confidence, stamina, assertiveness, self assurance

and determination.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Verbally complaining is not equal to smashing someones window, and it never will be.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

?? The highest gun crime in the USA are cities that a huge majority liberals.

Washington DC - Some of the highest gun crime in the USA is like 90+ % liberal.

Name a conservative person who used their gun violently, and I'll name a city that's liberal that has a huge gun problem.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I do not condone destruction of property. I worked hard to buy my vehicle and do not want any punks burning it out etc. I also have managed to disagree with politicians throughout my life without resorting to destruction, as has every single person I know.
That said, I'd be curious how you feel about taking barrels of tea and throwing them in the ocean in an act of protest?
For it, or against it?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Would you like to explain how it is insulting to point out the flaws in someone's logic? I'm not insulted by your post. Are you insulted by mine?

If your point is that we all tend toward hypocrisy, then I'd be inclined to agree.

Ummm...no...I'm a practicing Buddhist...equanimity and all that...
You can't insult me sir...unless I choose to become that label...

However...your first response to the OP which I'll now quote...

What is so truly funny, and what is right in front of your face, is that you, sir, are every bit as antagonistic as those you condemn.

You equated the OP with those individuals on the left that are knocking people out...trashing Universities and businesses...setting peoples cars on fire...rioting...pillaging...and burning...

Therefore you did insult the OP...and he challenged you on it...

I just wanted to point out your unintended hypocrisy and it's inherent irony...hence my mirror reference...

Intent is a very slippery concept indeed...especially when nuance and body language aren't present...as in this internet forum...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

You Sir,

If you read the OP carefully, you will find that the author's main complaint was against what liberals were writing on internet forums. This is what I was addressing.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Depends on who's barrels they were.

Acts of vandalism and violence against fellow citizens is different from acts against government, etc.

Acts against a government is revolt and sometimes revolution, and America wouldn't exist if such things never happened. Most countries wouldn't be the same today if no one ever revolted against their government.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Zealots of any persuasion tend to be dicks, it's not exclusive to the left.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
No actually people hate liberals in America because they are afraid they are giving to much to people of color.

Its called RACISM

That’s why you generally don’t have the same level of left/right vitriol in Europe. Only where Europe has non-Europeans is their anything resembling the US division

Wow you had one of the Freudian slips there didn't you. Not to mention just once again woefully weak in history again. Europeans never ever need non-European anything to kill each other in very large numbers. Ah yes white on white self loathing out breaks of world wars, subjugation of languages and cultural identifications...al very much an historical white on white pass time.

But then we have Willtell not unlike millions of americans who see the thing in purely race divisional certainty......based on color only here. Oh and money. SO he gives us what we have here today a Freudian slip as to the true nature of his personal problem

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Zealots of any persuasion tend to be dicks, it's not exclusive to the left.

Yes and not just dicks as we have seen in this recent V-Hat thing.

Thing is they were all shaved......for some degree of good taste.....I mean could you just imagine.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

RedNeck, I am angry at Libs, powerful libs and lib press for their racial fire stoking. Around here we have such a mixed population from all over the world layered in with americans of assorted generational citizenry from European, African extract mostly 5th to 10th generations. No problems really. But we listen to these libs lie and stir and misrepresent us to ourselves and the rest of the world. Very bad people these race baiters and race hate conjurers.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join