It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "wing" Am I?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What "wing" Am I?

I used to believe I was left wing that was until my left wing friends (and some family members) started to actively dislike me and call me the usual "Racist, bigot, far right nut job" because of my supportive views on Trump and as an Englishman, more importantly, Brexit.

So I thought I give you guys and gals a brief insight into my social, economic and political persuasions, in the hopes we can identify my confusing, sometimes contradictory world views.

So here goes:

- I believe in equal rights for all peoples, no matter what. ("rights" encompassing every aspect a human needs or wants to lead a happy/fulfilled life)

- I do not believe in the supremacy of minorities.

- I am a proud nationalist but only to the point of my nations defence, not to the point of its supremacy.

- Same goes for my culture.

- I believe that mass immigration (different from immigration) is a corporate tool in the ever present drive to create profit.

- Yet I believe In an individuals right to seek out a better life for themselves and there families in another land.

- I believe that Islam is a threat to the liberal values that oppressed peoples have fought hard for in the western world, mainly women.

- Yet I believe that an Islamic caliphate should be built in the middle east to stabilise the religion.

- Economically I am a Marxist.

- I believe capitalism is now holding back the advancement of the human race, again in the drive for profit.

- However, I understand that this is less the fault of capitalism and more the fault of corporatism.

- I believe that political correctness fly's in the face of free speech.

- I do not believe that free speech permits the use of language to perpetuate violence.

- I believe that science is more important than religion.

- Yet I believe that spirituality is just as important than science (xD IKR).

- Direct democracy is the best form of political representation.

- I believe that protest is a perfectly acceptable form of resistance.

- Yet I believe that violent protest should be squashed at the earliest opportunity. (if you need to use violence, you point is likely invalid).

- I believe in logic over emotion.

- I love memes.

To be honest I could likely write another hundred points but would like to leave some to discussion.

So what do you guys think?

ALS.

edit on 4-2-2017 by ALSGoes4th because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2017 by ALSGoes4th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I would put you center left to my Center right.

Unlike what most people beleive you dont have to be hard left or hard right.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Left and Right are labels that divide us.
Non partisan issue by issue is not an option?
Why do you label him center left to your center right?
Why must issues like pro life or pro choice suddenly turn into a hard divide?
My can't a republican be pro choice or vice versa?
What are the hard divides between left and right and why are they there?
They seem to do nothing but divide the population.

edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Most people generally fall somewhere in the center, contrary to what the media would have us believe.

Unfortunately most reasonable people are also usually busy working and living their lives. While left and right extremists tend to have a monopoly over the airwaves so their views are heard the loudest.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You might be x-wing.

Wish I was x-wing.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You just described me

Based on that I think your incredibly intelligent and insightful

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSGoes4th

About 3/16ths mate.

Turn clockwise to right to tighten, turn left to loosen. No lockwashers now!

Kind regards,

bally
edit on 4-2-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Yet some of my mates look at me like a Tie fighter.........

Would say I'm more of a social Death Star

ALS

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Funny thing about the last decade or so, I started it all as liberal as I could be. I haven't really changed. I still treat people well, speak Spanish, have gay friends, partake in herbal self reflection. But on ATS, I found out I'm a right wing extremist/borderline fascist.

Who do I believe? Myself or a bunch of people on a screen?

Weird stuff happens man. At least we can still laugh.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

More faux news coming from the x-wing.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You may or may not have seen this, but this is a pretty accurate political compass test. It's six pages long but it was worth the time in my opinion.

www.politicalcompass.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I think the problem really lies in the fact that I call people out on the blind faith they have in their echo chambers. I may be a lot of things but my entire life, and partly due to ATS, I have been a bold speaker of the truth, sometimes regardless on whether or not that truth falls in line with my only ideals.

Guess people cant handle the truth.

ALS

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

These days it would seem that the truth is subjective. There is no set ideology that will take us through our lives. I try to be honest, but that is about the only thing I adhere to. More often than not it gives me more trouble than reward. As a non religious person, I know it will likely never pay off.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Interesting results! Surprised that I'm even slightly in Authoritarian square as I have always had a deep distrust of authority.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Why do you need to choose between conservativism or liberalism? Their stance on issues are not always correct or benefit the majority, and both sides have proven to be hypocrites. I've chosen to be independent because I feel I can agree or disagree with issues on both sides. It also doesn't make me feel like I have to defend my particular party or candidate while ignoring basic facts on the issues or the candidate themselves. The party system only divides a country and doesn't efficiently and quickly address the issues of the people.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Whoops, was looking at the wrong picture....

This is the actual results, make far more sense now xD

ALS

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Why do you need to choose between conservativism or liberalism? Their stance on issues are not always correct or benefit the majority, and both sides have proven to be hypocrites. I've chosen to be independent because I feel I can agree or disagree with issues on both sides. It also doesn't make me feel like I have to defend my particular party or candidate while ignoring basic facts on the issues or the candidate themselves. The party system only divides a country and doesn't efficiently and quickly address the issues of the people.

I agree with that.

I don't have a political party. Yet I have always voted for a major party because I feel any other vote is a waste, part of the scam of modern democracy but that's a whole other thread.

ALS

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALSGoes4th
Interesting results! Surprised that I'm even slightly in Authoritarian square as I have always had a deep distrust of authority.

To be fair, I think you'll find that even the most left-libertarian-minded people have the slightest amount of authoritarian in them. It's human nature to covet a little bit of authority; no sane person would feel safe in the midst of absolute lawless chaos.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALSGoes4th
a reply to: Xaphan

HAHA

We had the exact same result!!!!

But then I realised that was just the example

heres mine

edit on 4/2/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

After all the love Ive been sending Trumps way I would have thought Id become a bit of a righty, apparently not
edit on 4/2/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Holy crap, I'm not a fascist.

Now I gotta go get my swastika tattoo removed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join