It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fake News? Airlines told to allow banned travelers into US after judge's order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What has Quatar airlines said?
I know what my radio is reporting every hour.
They are reporting that the Seattle judge has quashed the executive order and all the ban is no longer in place.
Is that the case?
Whats different now than Feb 1st when green card holders where allowed to fly again?
Did the EO really get lifted like the media is reporting?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Gulf carrier Qatar Airways will allow passengers barred from the United States by President Donald Trump's executive order last week to resume boarding U.S.-bound flights after a federal judge blocked the move, an airline spokeswoman said on Saturday.

U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) has advised Qatar Airways it can board travellers from seven Muslim-majority countries and all refugees who had been banned under the order, according to a statement on the airline's website.

Quatar airlines saying this?
I think it's a mistake on their part, or blatant lies.
Those without green cards are not going to get in.
That has not changed.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Those without green cards are not going to get in.

Are you sure about that? Because it would seem that the TRO covers the refugee ban.

But, aside from the confusion about "refugees" in the statement from QA, what about people with visas? Are they going to get in?

edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I'll await clarification from the White House.
Personally, for now, until i hear otherwise from a credible source, this is all I know:

By Reuters February 1, 2017
The White House said on Wednesday it has issued updated guidance on President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration clarifying that legal permanent residents, or green card holders, do not require a waiver to enter the United States.
"They no longer need a waiver because if they are a legal permanent resident they won't need it anymore," White House spokesman Sean Spicer said at a news briefing.
The restriction on green card holders was among the most confusing elements in the executive order signed on Friday.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Okey dokey.
Hang on to that "fake news" meme, with all your might.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Hang on to that "fake news" meme, with all your might.

I call it like I see it.
Keep getting your news from the Washington Post and CNN.
Refugees with Green Cards, are they the majority of the refugees?
edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: paraphi

It's a deliberate misrepresentation by the media designed to discredit the current administration.

The media green card holders don't have green cards, most of the population does not know this, they are low information.

Green card holders had been coming into the country for a few days now.

All the confusion is being perpetrated by those that want to make it appear that Trump's rollout of this EO was faulty, hasty, and confusing.

The confusion was intentionally perpetrated. Then, the rabid foaming-at-the-mouth Trump haters in the media saw an opportunity to add to the confusion. Study it all very closely, folks, and you can follow the path of hype and obfuscation.

Trump's rollout was just fine. It is legal and went through all the proper channels, including the Office of Legal Counsel of the Attorney General's office.

Some serious scheisse is attempting to undermine this administration. He's getting too close for their comfort and they are scrambling like the rats they are, imo.
edit on 4-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All the confusion is being perpetrated by those that want to make it appear that Trump's rollout of this EO was faulty, hasty, and confusing.

Agreed

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It is what Phage is doing

Actually, I'm talking about the TRO and its effects.
You seem to be ranting about "fake news."

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Agreed.It's all screaming and talking heads now.No discussion at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

www.reuters.com...

Ok, let me get this one straight.

The U.S. State Department will allow people with valid visas into the United States, a department official said on Saturday, in order to comply with an opinion from a federal judge in Seattle barring President Donald Trump's executive action.

"We have reversed the provisional revocation of visas," the State Department official said in a statement. "Those individuals with visas that were not physically canceled may now travel if the visa is otherwise valid."

I can't seem to find it.
Surely they could name the source in this case.
Where is it?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's not that hard
www.cbp.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The confusion was intentionally perpetrated. Then, the rabid foaming-at-the-mouth Trump haters in the media saw an opportunity to add to the confusion. Study it all very closely, folks, and you can follow the path of hype and obfuscation.

Trump's rollout was just fine. It is legal and went through all the proper channels, including the Office of Legal Counsel of the Attorney General's office.

Some serious scheisse is attempting to undermine this administration. He's getting too close for their comfort and they are scrambling like the rats they are, imo.

They're getting way too close for comfort.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Don't look like many visa holders are getting onto flights.

CBP Executive Order Actions
Recommended Denial of Boarding 1,222
Visa holders granted waivers 87

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes. Before the TRO.

(Statistics are valid as of February 2, 2017)

www.cbp.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I've read the TRO.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It sure would be nice to be getting accurate information about what is really happening, but if legal visa holders with no crime record are being denied seats on planes, then that is a real tragedy and I wouldn't support it. So far almost all if not all news has misrepresented the president's actions though.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

but if legal visa holders with no crime record are being denied seats on planes,

Since the TRO, they aren't.
Before the TRO:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The original EO disallowed anyone from "the 7" from entering the US without special dispensation. The State Department "provisionally revoked" some unknown number (between "less that 60,000" and 100,000) of visas, summarily.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join