It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fake News? Airlines told to allow banned travelers into US after judge's order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Vector99

assets.documentcloud.org...

Do you think that ruling will stand?

The court document gave basically zero evidence, so it seems like it is a case of EO legality. TRO's on immigration are perfectly legal and allowed by the POTUS, yet this court claimed it otherwise. I really don't see this court ruling standing for more than a week.

What do you think?

I think were going to get a split decision the judge doesnt have the ability to stop them from not issuing visas for 90 days. he does have the ability however to make a judgement on people that all ready have US visas since the Visa its self gives them some rights.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The old testament has some pretty harsh words too.

The violence prescribed by God in the Old Testament was intended for a particular time and limited to a particular people group. The conquest of Canaan had clear limits, geographically and historically, making it very different from the continuing Islamic commands regarding jihad. The conquest of Canaan set no precedent to continue the warfare beyond what God had commanded. In contrast, the Koran actually prescribes and condones military jihad in the promotion of Islam. At no time in the Bible do we see God commanding His people to kill unbelievers in the promotion of biblical faith.

I think you misunderstand my point.

Yes, I had misunderstood your point. I understand it now and can respect your position.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

a reply to: D8Tee

The old testament has some pretty harsh words too.

I think you misunderstand my point.

I'd rather se these guys n gals handle themselves.

If that means subjugation by a tyrannical leader in the ME so be it. That is how they live and what they are used to.

We should never base a decision on a persons religion. Now you can base it on there affiliations however if they have say worked with a terrorist organization. But Trumps EO is not really based on either of these his claim is a bit different hes arguing because the countries either have no government or hostile to the US meaning they dont cooperate with the us. I could almost buy this argument as long as exceptions are made

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Trump's EO is simply an expansion on Obama's restrictions.

Barry picked those 7 countries, not Trump.

Trump did take it to a new level, and in my eyes that is a good thing.

The religion of peace isn't really all that peaceful...that whole quran thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I look at it this way, it's nothing personal. I don't want an influx of people that are war-torn coming to my home. OMG we are doing so good! We are taking in refugees!

We bombed them out of their houses, they remember this, and many Americans don't realize it.

if as they say only 1% is radical, that means for every 100 refugees we take in we get 1 terrorist. Eff that.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The court document gave basically zero evidence, so it seems like it is a case of EO legality. TRO's on immigration are perfectly legal and allowed by the POTUS, yet this court claimed it otherwise. I really don't see this court ruling standing for more than a week.

What do you think?

I think were going to get a split decision the judge doesnt have the ability to stop them from not issuing visas for 90 days. he does have the ability however to make a judgement on people that all ready have US visas since the Visa its self gives them some rights.

Won't be a split decision, Trump gets to make the SC conservative majority 6-3. That is a huge thing. I just hope they don't go so freaking right-wing that they fly off the proverbial handles.

Ginsburg will be off the chair before Trump's 1st term is over.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Freedom of the press protects the reporter from having to reveal a source.

That the source must exist is part of their code of ethics. That is what a publication or news outlet bets it's bread and butter on.
If they constantly make up stories they are relegated to the supermarket checkout aisles with flashy headlines about bat boy and Hillary's alien baby.
The media depends on its reputation for accuracy . They don't risk that lightly. Billions of dollars are at stake.
When all news becomes fake news we have exited reality.

Absolute nonsense.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
so OP is bust... the EO is on hold per federal judge

you find your own source (thats not fake), interject semantics to disprove the hold...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Freedom of the press protects the reporter from having to reveal a source.

That the source must exist is part of their code of ethics. That is what a publication or news outlet bets it's bread and butter on.
If they constantly make up stories they are relegated to the supermarket checkout aisles with flashy headlines about bat boy and Hillary's alien baby.
The media depends on its reputation for accuracy . They don't risk that lightly. Billions of dollars are at stake.
When all news becomes fake news we have exited reality.

Let me correct that for you.
In your own words below: (corrected version)

"The current media represents all of my political dreams and hopes, even though I know they are constantly making their own news and outright fabricating stories for political reasons. But since they do represent my twisted sense of left wing and anti Trump politics, I will instead say the media has a code of ethics and so couldn't possibly make up stories, because only the grocery store tabloids do that kind of thing, and my own news sources are honest and truthful. And believing this horse sh@t makes me feel so happy, like I am winning again even though Hillary lost when I knew she couldn't lose."

The first one above that you actually wrote made me laugh so hard my stomach hurts, because I didn't believe that even you could be that delusional even with you providing fresh examples daily to the contrary. I would suggest a full psychiatric workup being done, but your comments show that the game for you is quite far past any kind of traditional treatment, plus the entertainment value alone is like a gold vein that never runs dry, so please don't change.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

What do you think?

That's what I understand too. This order if for existing visas, not stopping the issuance of new ones.

What Trump should have done is halted the issuance of new visas and the approval of new refugees, whilst improving the vetting for the existing authorised flow.
edit on 4/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And... those who are coming to do harm will also use the opportunity to get here quickly before things change again.
THIS is exactly the reason why they needed to implement the ban suddenly in the first place.
If you give people advanced notice, there will be those will use this against us.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Exactly! The judge only has a say over some things.

The DHS already revoked something like 60,000 visas, so this judge's order would not apply to them.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Turns out the restraining order is only partial to specific sections.

WA-Order

original EO:
EXECUTIVE ORDER: PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES

Sections 3c, 5a, 5b, 5c, 5e are restrained.

The rest is in place.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The DHS already revoked something like 60,000 visas, so this judge's order would not apply to them.

DHS can't revoke visas, that's the state department. In any case what's this about then?
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Edit: The news outlets are reporting refugees with green cards are now allowed to fly to the US, thats BS. Refugees don't have green cards. Green card holders have been flying for several days now. The media is working overtime to deceive people, or they are just that incompetent.

Could be fake reporting indeed.

Refugees that apply for and are granted Green Cards are no longer refugees.

It's either one or the other, not both.

Huge mis-interpretaions happening all over the place.

Green Card for a Refugee

edit on Feb-04-2017 by xuenchen because: basketsofdeportables

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is not fake news. It is news reporting that the whole situation is confused, which is true.

God help us if we are going to spend the next few years reporting as "fake news".

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could be fake reporting indeed.

So, you think that Qatar Airways did not say that?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

President Obama had a lot of tools at his disposal and plans drafted. The difference is that he didn't use them, due to wanting to be liked and accepted. Donald Trump is like many us. We're more concerned about prevention than reacting, even if it causes sore feelings.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's a deliberate misrepresentation by the media designed to discredit the current administration.

The media green card holders don't have green cards, most of the population does not know this, they are low information.

Green card holders had been coming into the country for a few days now.
edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It's a deliberate misrepresentation by the media designed to discredit the current administration.

Are you talking about the statement from from Qatar Airways or the article in your OP?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join