It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fake News? Airlines told to allow banned travelers into US after judge's order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

OK, about 1/2 way through it, and as far as a legit court document I'm pretty sick in the stomach. Using humanity and constitutional rights for people NOT on US soil is pretty freaking petty, I'm pretty sure you would agree to that.

I'm on page 10, and referencing and fact-checking each page, so it might be a few til I respond again.

I won't skim through and skip to the end. This is a learning experience.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
QATAR Airlines says that they're lifting off tonight for the USA, with formerly "banned" passengers, thanks to the Federal Judge's order.

www.foxnews.com...

"Qatar Airways announced on its website Saturday that it has been directed by the U.S. government to permit formerly banned passengers to board U.S.-bound flights after a federal judge’s ruling halted President Trump’s controversial refugee order.

The airline was directed by U.S. Customs and Border Protection that the “nationals of the seven affected countries” and “all refugees seeking admission with a valid U.S. visa of green card” will be allowed to travel to the U.S. and “processes accordingly upon arrival.""

So when these "formerly banned" passengers get here, they will all be processed by lazy Louie...the guy with one bad eye and a patch on the other?
edit on 2/4/2017 by carewemust because: stuff

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I found this statement quite interesting:

Daniel Smith, an immigration attorney in Seattle, predicted a "flood of people trying to enter the US over the next few days" due to the legal opening. Airlines are adjusting to the new development. On Saturday, Qatar Airways announced that it will allow nationals from the seven countries affected by Trump's travel ban and all refugees presenting a valid, unexpired US visa or green card to travel to the United States. "I am advising clients who are in the country now -- don't leave," Smith said. "And any clients wanting to enter the country, it's best if you try to get in right now and then stay put if you get here."

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

“all refugees seeking admission with a valid U.S. visa of green card” will be allowed to travel to the U.S. and “processes accordingly upon arrival."

Refugees have green cards? not likely.
I don't think anything has changed because of the Washington judges ruling.
This is spin, green card holders were already flying into the country for the last several days.

By Reuters February 1, 2017
The White House said on Wednesday it has issued updated guidance on President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration clarifying that legal permanent residents, or green card holders, do not require a waiver to enter the United States.
"They no longer need a waiver because if they are a legal permanent resident they won't need it anymore," White House spokesman Sean Spicer said at a news briefing.
The restriction on green card holders was among the most confusing elements in the executive order signed on Friday./ex]

reuter s

edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Using humanity and constitutional rights for people NOT on US soil is pretty freaking petty, I'm pretty sure you would agree to that.

Yeah. Because only people in the US are human and have rights.

My guess is that you have been ignoring the constitutional arguments.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

All of this is getting just like a traffic signal that's out of whack. How many days (or hours!) will it be before the next Judge changes the light to "RED" again?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

That would be nonsense.
Refugees do not travel under visas or green cards.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That would be nonsense.

Would refugees not be given the required documentation to allow them to work in the USA?
edit on 4/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

That would be nonsense.

That is what I am saying, it's more fake news, refugees don't have green cards, and green card holders have been flying to the country for several days already.

Qatar Airways: US approved the boarding of refugees with valid visas, green cards after ruling

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Using humanity and constitutional rights for people NOT on US soil is pretty freaking petty, I'm pretty sure you would agree to that.

Yeah. Because only people in the US are human and have rights.

My guess is that you have been ignoring the constitutional arguments.

No, I haven't. Dunno why you would assume that. The ban on re-entry isn't right, I will shout that from the rooftops. This measure does include that, which is probably why it is being contested right now.

The court document you provided me btw...wew a hot mess of liberalism.
page 16/27 so far, so yep i am actually reading it.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How do you feel about preferred treatment for "religious minorities?"

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
President Trump has the right idea, but like Obama did with the framework of the Affordable Care Act, he went too extreme.

If Trump were to wait until the next Radical Islamist terror attack on US Soil to enact the ban, he'd have greater support from Americans.

If I were President Trump, I'd cancel the 7-nation ban, say "I TRIED!", and wait for that next attack. Focus on stuff that people like...jobs, healthcare, etc.. in the interim.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Fox? Fake news?
No way.

Or is it just confusion? No, couldn't be. Because, you know, the EO itself was so well executed.

edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump has the right idea, but like Obama did with the framework of the Affordable Care Act, he went too extreme.

If Trump were to wait until the next Radical Islamist terror attack on US Soil to enact the ban, he'd have greater support from Americans.

If I were President Trump, I'd cancel the 7-nation ban, say "I TRIED!", and wait for that next attack. Focus on stuff that people like...jobs, healthcare, etc.. in the interim.

Stand firm on the travel restrictions, let the green card holders in like they have been doing for several days already.
Get the best possible vetting system in place within the space of the 90 days.
Under no circumstances become a reactive administration, remain proactive.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Stand firm on the travel restrictions, let the green card holders in like they have been doing for several days already.

I'm confused now. From what you're saying, the Judge's order tonight was for things to remain as they are. Oh well.. the legal experts will sort it out tomorrow. They're sleep now, which is where I'm headed. Good night.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I would guess that ISIS is planning to send a number of their 'soldiers' to the US today, to get in before any ban can be reinstated.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I would guess that ISIS is planning to send a number of their 'soldiers' to the US today, to get in before any ban can be reinstated.

The ban for those without a green card is, as far as I see it, still in place. Nothing has changed from two days ago when the administration decided those with green cards can travel. The Seattle judges ruling hasn't changed anything except to get the media to put out more fake news.

REFUGEES DON'T HAVE GREEN CARDS

THE PEOPLE THAT HAD GREEN CARDS HAVE BEEN ALLOWED IN FOR TWO DAYS

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

It's some bull#.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's some bull#.

Why?
Religious persecution is a definition for refugee.

ref·u·gee

noun
a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

If a minority religion is getting their heads chopped off, are they not the ones you look after first?
Or do you instead go for the ones that would like to come to a country of opportunity to seek a higher standard of living?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The old testament has some pretty harsh words too.

I think you misunderstand my point.

I'd rather se these guys n gals handle themselves.

If that means subjugation by a tyrannical leader in the ME so be it. That is how they live and what they are used to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join