It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Rattle Shakes of Conservatism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Sort of the same boat. 1st term Obama voter but it was Michael Savage instead of Jones. I have more in common with classical liberal or libertarian values than anything. I will admit, his Hillary for Prison motto was pretty catchy.

Still. It doesn't put him in a positive light from my point of view.

I listen to Jone, and I'm an actual leftist, not a Democrat. But that also means classical liberal, which I am too. I am NOT an SJW.

While the DNC is as bad as the Republican Party on corruption, war, etc, what made you turn conservative, based on Jones? It's pretty important to separate the Democrats from actual liberal principles. The two are not synonymous.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

When I think of conservatives, I think of people who respect established tradition, moderation and caution. They may seek to maintain the status quo or want to restore "the good old days".

In my opinion, people like Milo Yiannopoulos and Steve Bannon are actually more progressive, seeking sweeping governmental and societal changes through civil upheaval, rather than some sensible restoration of the way things used to be.

edit on 3-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

We are legion and we are immortal, friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

When I think of conservatives, I think of people who respect established tradition, moderation and caution. They may seek to maintain the status quo or want to restore "the good old days".

In my opinion, people like Milo Yiannopoulos and Steve Bannon are actually more progressive, seeking sweeping governmental and societal changes through civil upheaval, rather than some sensible restoration of the way things used to be.

Ok, I understand you now, sorry for the 5th degree, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from. I guess I would have to label myself as a rightist progressive then according to your beliefs. I want things to be better than they used to be, through sweeping governmental and societal changes.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Fair enough. I'm more of a conservative leftist. I want to see the ACA fixed, not trashed. I don't think Roe V Wade is broken, so there's no need to fix it. I want moderate, sensible environmental and banking oversight and regulations, well regulated and thoughtfully planned immigration policies. Religion should stay out of government and public schools.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The world would be a much better place if people would stop acting like they care about others when they only care about themselves.

That is the big problem that the democrats have to face.

People acting like they care about things they could care less about.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Both sides are accelerating to the extremes.

I don't see a death rattle. I see the final battle.

National-western values vs global-multiculturalism

Everyone is going to have to pick a side.

It's happened before and it will happen again.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I don't see a death rattle. I see the final battle.

I forget now, which was the side that was battling for the right to bear arms?
Whichever side that was, I'm picking them.
Something tells me they will have the advantage.

edit on 4-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy
Trump is old. Limbaugh is old. Savage is old. Ron Paul is old. And Jones is no spring chicken...
These are the last of the conservative American Jedi (or Sith as you may see them.)

Everyone else is weak by comparison.

Conservatism will give way to the New World Order of sameness and quiet punishments.
Chaos and Control are hard to balance for talking mammals. Perhaps the talking is the trouble... or the opposable thumbs.... or the free will.

And so it shall come to pass... Trumpamania shall give way to a thousand tears, and years, of confusion and gender misidentity. Power shall be displaced, replaced, recharged, erased. And the cycle of learning will continue.

Forgive me if I don't react. I have to cook a cheeseburger while beef is still under $100/lb.

Dont use pantera for your political bs especially political leftist bs.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Other than Ron Paul I wouldn't consider ANY of them "conservative" Jedi for that matter
Limbaugh- establishment shill
Savage- raving headcase
Jones- also raving headcase

Rob Paul- def conservative libertarian Jedi

The rest are just talking heads who shouldn't be considered any sort of authority when it comes to conservatism

top topics

<< 1   >>

join