It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal tactics backfire pushing Milo's book to number 1 on Amazon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It seems any publicity is good publicity, Milo's book edged out a number of left-wing books including The Daily Show: An Oral History by Jon Stewart and Chris Smith for the top gong. That been said millions of Americans who dont know who Milo is are Googling him according to Google trends. Also Milo became the number one trending topic on Twitter in the U.S. earlier following MILO’s announcement of the book, before both suddenly disappeared from Twitter’s trending topics.

The Left are pissed and have realised they stuffed up giving Milo more ammunition and a bigger platform.

Numerous celebrities and media figures complained on Twitter about MILO’s book deal, including Sarah Silverman, who posted: “The guy has freedom of speech but to fund him & give him a platform tells me a LOT about @simonschuster YUCK AND BOO AND GROSS.” The Chicago Review of Books also announced that they would boycott every book from publisher Simon and Schuster in 2017 as a protest against MILO’s book being published.

People are waking up to the hypocrisy of the Left especially calling a Gay Jew a NAZI or my favourite "when they go low we go high" and then go riot, try to suppress free speech and beat up anyone that does not project their narrative.

Milo's Book Rockets To No 1

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Milo destroys all the left's stereotypes and arguments. Just look his debates up on youtube. The man is brilliant and can back up his arguments. That's why he's a target of the left. The same goes for ANYONE who can intellectually destroy the left's narratives.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
its the same reason why howard Stern became a house hold name. the more certain groups marched against his freedom of speech, the more popular [and richer] he got.

it would be more detrimental to Milo if they just ignored him.
good on the guy, if he's not doing anything illegal, let him rake it in at the expanse of mentalists.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A quick heads up... This thread is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit.

As this thread is longer in the Mud Pit, a more civilized T&C-compliant tone is in order.

Remember that posts removed as political trollery automatically count as TWO warnings.

As usual, do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You have me curious.
I'm going to have to buy his book

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I didn't even know he had a book until now.

Thanks rioters

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't know who is worse. The people protesting against the troll or those who support him and believe what he says.

Both groups are extremists and people that I try to avoid on a daily basis.
That's why fights break out wherever he goes. He's trying to pick them by being inflammatory.

When will people wake up and see that's just what the establishment wants? Perpetual conflict between ideologies. More money that way.

Both Breitbart and HuffPo profit from the clicks for nickels when he trolls in person. Not to mention the msm. And any other website that either supports or is opposed to his act.
edit on 3-2-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

(post by stormcell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

He's just a troll. A talented one, but a troll nonetheless. He's very good at getting under people's skin, but seems to have no interest in real debate.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
He is winning at every turn.

Back when he was gaining in early notoriety, threads about him here and elsewhere would be shut down. Videos were pulled. News of upcoming events would be slid into obscurity.

I see the momentum he is gaining now and it is unstoppable.

Good for him. I will continue to spread his message.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill

He's just a troll. A talented one, but a troll nonetheless. He's very good at getting under people's skin, but seems to have no interest in real debate.

What is a troll? Watch his debates and tell me this man doesn't have a legitimate argument.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Really?

Go ahead and refute a number of his claims.

We'll kindly wait.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I don't know who is worse. The people protesting against the troll or those who support him and believe what he says.

That's why fights break out wherever he goes. He's trying to pick them by being inflammatory.

When will people wake up and see that's just what the establishment wants? Perpetual conflict between ideologies. More money that way.

Both Breitbart and HuffPo profit from the clicks for nickels when he trolls in person. Not to mention the msm. And any other website that either supports or is opposed to his act.

Its not about who supports who, its about the right to support who ever you want.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

The book hasn't come out yet. It's #1 right now, but I don't think it'll hold onto that position for months. There should be a spike around publication date, but it has a limited demand.

His other books have less than 600 reviews so he has a hardcore group of loyal fans. That might sound like a lot, but in contrast, J.K. Rowling has over 5,000 reviews for most of her books, Neil Gaiman regularly gets thousands of reviews per book, Obama's got over 1,200 reviews for his books.

Orwell's books have over 3500 reviews each.

I'm not seeing an opportunity for tears and fears over this book any more than there was tears and fears from conservatives over Orwell's books hitting a top spot and staying there for awhile.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Hence the contrast of my post, the left are trying desperately to silence him and its had the adverse effect its promoting him.

His other books have less than 600 reviews so he has a hardcore group of loyal fans. That might sound like a lot, but in contrast, J.K. Rowling has over 5,000 reviews for most of her books,

Also you are comparing apples to oranges, political journalist to professional Authors. Why are you comparing Milo to J.K. Rowling?

edit on 3-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
A person who knows nothing about Milo should start with some of his popular and trendy videos. Hit gotcha compilations. His best of feminist slams.

They should definitely not waste a half hour watching him only get five minutes telling the truth about Israel.

Besides the video is really really old.
Uploaded on Sep 25, 2011
So don't sit through all the anger, grandstanding, and holy wars just to hear his two statements.

watch this 40 minute video instead.
Uploaded on Apr 21, 2011
About Internet addiction

Gin Lane
William Hogarth

edit on 3-2-2017 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

He's purposefully incendiary. The offended reactions he gets out of his opponents help to further his "liberal snowflakes" narrative. Anyone who doesn't live in troll mode has topics that make them emotional—it's just human nature. Exploiting that to "win" an argument is incredibly immature.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
You know, true story, but I had no idea who this dude Milo was until reading hysteria about him on liberal websites, as I am a liberal.

I read some of his articles. I watched his university "debates."

And, I think it's true that he's being slandered as something he's not: nazi, white supremacist, etc. I do enjoy his attacks on SJWs, as they have become out of control.

I also passed on his videos to my roommate, another open minded liberal.

One thing though, we both agree that while he is funny and intelligent, he trolls enough that he will fail to convince a number of social justicey liberals who actually might be open to his points.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

He's purposefully incendiary. The offended reactions he gets out of his opponents help to further his "liberal snowflakes" narrative. Anyone who doesn't live in troll mode has topics that make them emotional—it's just human nature. Exploiting that to "win" an argument is incredibly immature.

And that's why his ultimate impact is limited. The trolling or attacks on let's say fat people or what have you, is turning off some people who might be open to his points.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Serious question, what do you mean that people are bad that believes what he says?

As I have been finding out on other threads and have always expected, the vitriol towards Milo seems to be coming less from his jokes that are offensive (after all there are plenty of offensive comedians), but about his serious points.

Which of his serious points are you contesting as it being bad to believe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join