It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump's Second Weekly Address

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

The thing that concerns me most from the second week is the 2-for-1 deregulation plan.

Former officials deride Trump's 'mindless' 2-for-1 deregulation plan

How is it to be decided which regulations should be taken off the books first? Can you imagine the lobbying? You can't tell me that Trump's conflicts of interest won't come into play there.

What if it's decided that 10% of a particular regulation is crucial while 90% is unnecessary? Do you write the 10% of the old regulation into the new regulation?

It seems to me that there should be an entirely new department created just to handle the 2-for-1 deregulation plan. It's going to require serious study by experts, and they'll need to be completely unbiased.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Got a transcript?

I just can not listen to him.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

As if I never paid attention to the presidential addresses already, trump is turning it into a nuisance now.

How many presidential addresses are we going to have for the next 4 years?

Jesus. At least democrats only addressed the American public when something major turned up.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Got a transcript?

I couldn't find one, but the video has closed captions. You can turn off the sound and read the subtitles.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
it doesnt matter about the 2 for 1 proposal, most trump supporter will lack any critical faculty to analyze what this means.
---

but im certain there will be exceptions to this proposal, there must be; Trump has smart people around him to bring him back down to earth when he needs to.
so time will tell.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Solid address. Talked about jobs, Gorsuch, black history month, our fallen soldier, immigration vetting, the American worker. Another good week for the Trump presidency.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Got a transcript?

I couldn't find one, but the video has closed captions. You can turn off the sound and read the subtitles.

Thanks. That'll work.

I seriously can't listen to him. He makes my skin crawl.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Got a transcript?

Here you go: Video & Transcript: President Trump Weekly Address (Feb. 3, 2017) ...
I can't stand that voice either..........

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it doesnt matter about the 2 for 1 proposal, most trump supporter will lack any critical faculty to analyze what this means.
---

but im certain there will be exceptions to this proposal, there must be; Trump has smart people around him to bring him back down to earth when he needs to.
so time will tell.

Or in no certain terms, justification for not implementing as little new regs as possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

---

so time will tell.

Or in no certain terms, justification for not implementing as little new regs as possible.

interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Got a transcript?

Here you go: Video & Transcript: President Trump Weekly Address (Feb. 3, 2017) ...
I can't stand that voice either..........

Thanks.

And being an "Original" when it comes to the Constitution is one of the dumbest things ever. Thanks for nothing Gorsuch.

We are NOT as we were 230 years ago. Again, that is just stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

---

The 2 for 1 proposal was part of the platform, I'd think most have a good understanding of what it does.

I doubt however that you can tell us what it is or why it is or isn't good for you.
edit on 3-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

How many presidential addresses are we going to have for the next 4 years?

52 weeks in a year.

4 year term.

208 at 1 a week.

Per WEEKLY address's.

Not counting primetime what ever else happens in the moment.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

---

The 2 for 1 proposal was part of the platform, I'd think most have a good understanding of what it does.

I doubt however that you can tell us what it is or why it is or isn't good for you.

How is the 2 for 1 even logical?

It might work in some areas, but Medicine? What regulation should a nurse eliminate when taking your blood?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What regulation should a nurse eliminate when taking your blood?

Well a nurse shouldn't be eliminating any regulations, ever.

But any regulations already covered by other laws can and should be removed.

In regards to the video, Trump is still obviously uneasy with teleprompters. It's expected and it happens with a lot of people that have to use them. It will be mildly amusing to see as he gets more comfortable with them as time passes.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded & removed a word.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

What regulation should a nurse eliminate when taking your blood?

On the federal side? ALL OF THEM UNRELATED TO NATIONAL DEFENSE AND INTERSTATE COMMERCE. All other regs should be solely in the purview of the state's, period. This 2 for 1 doesn't go far enough. It will leave way too many avenues for federal scope creep. Instead it should be 100 for 1... really make America great again.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Probably like the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 199x.

That say exactly the SAME THING.

Superfluous LAWS/regulation.

Makes perfect sense to people that actually knows how 'government is us and they're doing things right' works.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Annee

Probably like the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 199x.

That say exactly the SAME THING.

Superfluous LAWS/regulation.

Makes perfect sense to people that actually knows how 'government is us and they're doing things right' works.

I'm a gun owner first of all.

But, guns are not the medical field.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
This 2 for 1 doesn't go far enough. It will leave way too many avenues for federal scope creep. Instead it should be 100 for 1... really make America great again.

It could easily be fixed. Put a five-year sunset clause on all federal laws.

Simple ... Done!! How hard is that?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

As I understand it, if states are already regulating X, Y or Z, and are designated as the primary regulator, the federal regs will be removed simply because there is no need for them. Over the past 20 years there has been explosive growth of federal regulations over everything you can think of. Most are worded from actual state regs since the states had them in place before the feds began poking their noses in and requiring double paperwork and fees. In some cases the people who write the actual federal reports are state employees. This is true for water quality, air quality and food safety. Those are just three that I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, and people who cut trees and sell firewood. They have some of the craziest federal regulations I've ever heard of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join