It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Just Took Credit For Obama’s Final Jobs Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

January.

The Employment Situation report is typically released on the third Friday after the conclusion of the reference week, i.e., the week which includes the 12th of the month.

www.bls.gov...

It is confusing, but it does appear the "January job growth" may in fact be the December 12th to January 12th report. Doesn't change the fact that job creators like less regulation, and are anticipating Trump will come through on it, just as the stock market did.

Are you telling me that coal company will lay off workers (and thus cut production) before they have to?

I am telling you that they do not just look at demand. If they anticipate the cost of regulation in the future will make their business not profitable, they will start immediately down sizing. And vice versa if they anticipate less regulation helping their business in the future.

I can't believe you would argue this. Perhaps this article will help.

This week, U.S. Steel announced that it plans to re-open an idled plant in Keewatin, MN, and that an estimated 202 employees who were previously laid-off will get their jobs back.

The move was foreshadowed on CNBC's “Power Lunch” back in December, when U.S. Steel CEO Mario Longhi expressed optimism over potential new tax regulations and hinted that he'd be open to re-hiring laid-off employees:

"We already structured to do some things, but when you see in the near future improvement to the tax laws, improvements to regulation, those two things by themselves may be a significant driver to what we're going to do.

I'd be more than happy to bring back the employees we've been forced to lay off."

The re-opening of the plant comes on the heels of a great few months for the American steel industry—after recent layoffs of steel workers across the country.

ijr.com...

Is it your implication that these jobs will be created because they magically know the demand for steel will increase? The truth is they are expecting less regulation and are therefore investing in more jobs.

Notice how the man says perceived improvement to tax laws and regulations are why they are going to hire more people. Or would you say he is lying?

Are you sure?
data.bls.gov...

Yes. As your chart shows, Bush had down years. But overall, he added jobs in both terms.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Is it your implication that these jobs will be created because they magically know the demand for steel will increase?
Neat. How many people did they hire in January?

Your source:

The Bloomberg Americas Iron/Steel Index, which tracks the value of 15 steelmakers in North and South America, reported an 86% increase in 2016 — its largest jump since 2003.
All because of Trump?

edit on 2/4/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Presidents don't create jobs. Businesses create jobs. Neither one should get credit.

But then again trump takes credit for the sun rise so...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

That is trump creating jobs.
Jobs for fact checkers. See? Good times...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

No. The market has jumped up and down the last two weeks. It's a bit unstable right now.

We were headed for the 20K high for the past few months. Everybody expected it as normal. It wasn't a surge or anything.
It was just a marker. A nice round number following the 19K it's been at for months.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ksiezyc

People are more confident in the economy with President Trump. Have you seen the market react to them?

Lowest approval rating in history.

Now that must give confidence. Right?

Cause it's all about the polls right?

It's all they have left. Polls can't be verified, nor held accountable.
That, and clinging to the hope of media induced mayhem, and their daily ration
of climate, and sex change stories.

I don't even want to think about it
but the family are up to something.

# 665
edit on 4-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: England was on a long, long spree...race riots and gang wars were daily events, the naaked girlie shows boomed, crimes of lust made the streets unsafe, husbands smiled at wive's adulterous affairs, wives were intimate with their husband's mistresses..

edit on 4-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Brilliantly told, a believable and terrifying story-Boston Globe

edit on 4-2-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: Life in New York held great promise for John and Yoko. A hance for starting again, a city where you could be anonymous if you wanted to be, even if you were John Lennon.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Neat. How many people did they hire in January?

Not sure. I do know that 227,000 jobs were created in the first report after Trump won the election.

As shown, this was a large improvement over the estimate, the prior month, and the same time last year.

What does this have to do with your assertion that job creators do not use the upcoming regulatory climate to make jobs? This job creator clearly says that is the indicator they will use to make more jobs.

So either he is lying, or you are incorrect.

What incentive would this man have to lie about creating more jobs because of tax and regulation climate?

Your source:
The Bloomberg Americas Iron/Steel Index, which tracks the value of 15 steelmakers in North and South America, reported an 86% increase in 2016 — its largest jump since 2003.

What does this have to do with anything? That is the value of the company, not the amount of jobs which is what we are discussing? If we are now discussing stock values, you have already conceded that the market is high because they like less regulation, proving Trump is expanding on those already increasing numbers.

Also, this steel job creator clearly says that they are going to increase because of what they think Trump will do with regulations.

And if things such as regulations and tax policy don't affect job creation and its only demand, then the President is irrelevant to job creation, right?

You can spin all you want its fine by me.

Your comment that the stock markets like deregulation was intended to imply that the wealthy like this. No argument from me.

I was pointing out that job creators do to.

Trump may fail, we will find out. I personally feel that due to banking policies and the Fed printing money non stop and the insane national debt increases brought on by both parties, and seemingly to be continued by Trump is going to lead to a crash that they are all to blame for.

However, this doesn't change the fact that just like the markets like deregulation, job creators do to.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Not sure. I do know that 227,000 jobs were created in the first report after Trump won the election.
You could, of course, read the report. It provides quite a bit of detail.

What does this have to do with your assertion that job creators do not use the upcoming regulatory climate to make jobs? This job creator clearly says that is the indicator they will use to make more jobs.
I asked if they have made more jobs. I asked if those jobs contributed to the job report which the new administration seems to be taking credit for.

What does this have to do with anything? That is the value of the company, not the amount of jobs which is what we are discussing?
It was a key point in your source? What is investment for if not expansion? I can't really find much about the "Bloomberg Americas Iron/Steel Index", but the Dow shows interest started climbing just before the election but started falling about a month later. Still pretty pathetic compared to before the recession though.
Dow

And if things such as regulations and tax policy don't affect job creation and its only demand, then the President is irrelevant to job creation, right?
I didn't say that. My point is that attempting to attribute the January employment report to the new administration is absurd.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Apparently you read the report so why ask me if US Steel added jobs? Apparently you already know. Or perhaps the report linked didn't line by line list every job.

You say what is investment if not expansion? Well that undermines your whole argument!

This shows that investment in a company, their stock value, leads to expansion of jobs.

Hence my original point, you said the market likes deregulation, I said job creators do to.

You then claimed only demand leads to more jobs, yet you are now conceding that investment leads to this.

In addition, you have ignored the fact that job creators like the man I cited say that perceived regulations and tax laws impact job creation.

So given that you have admitted that Trumps perceived deregulation is cheered by the markets, and that leads to expansion, and you have not responded to the fact that job creators say the create jobs based on perceived tax and regulation law and are increasing because of Trump, and the job numbers since Trump won the election beat estimates and were higher than last month,

It seems to me that it is fare that my point was correct, that job creators like deregulation and perhaps this explains the better than estimated job report.

To respond to your edit

I didn't say that. My point is that attempting to attribute the January employment report to the new administration is absurd.

This was the conversation.

Me. "To which I responded that job creators too like less regulation, imply just as you were that they anticipated it and made more jobs?"

You. "Jobs are the result of increased demand. Not anticipation of demand."

In other words, you were saying job creators were not concerned with the perceived deregulation by Trump. That is incorrect, as I have shown.

edit on 4-2-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

This shows that investment in a company, their stock value, leads to expansion of jobs.

Once again, when did job expansion start?

You then claimed only demand leads to more jobs, yet you are now conceding that investment leads to this.
Investment indicates that a market is growing. A growing market creates demand.

In addition, you have ignored the fact that job creators like the man I cited say that perceived regulations and tax laws impact job creation.
Not until there is growth. What do you think will happen if the demand declines?

It seems to me that it is fare that my point was correct, that job creators like deregulation.
Of course they do. It means they can cut costs and thus improve profits. It means they don't have to spend as much on pesky environmental and worker safety stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Once again, when did job expansion start?

What does it matter? Is it your argument that if Obama grew the economy, Trump can't grow it further? No matter who you think is responsible, this month had better than expected growth. Do we have to ignore that because "Well there was growth under Obama!" If two Januarys from now there are 5 million jobs created, are you going to be saying "So what, when did job growth start?"

I haven't argued anywhere on this thread that Obama was bad for jobs, only that Trump may be responsible for the better than expected numbers in January.

And I posted a link that showed every term since Herbert Hoover has had net job growth, even if there were down years. So should we still be crediting Franklin Roosevelt for jobs created today, because growth started under him?

Investment indicates that a market is growing. A growing market creates demand.

Not until there is growth. What do you think will happen if the demand declines?

Demand is another part of the equation, I never said it wasn't. You are the one that claimed only demand mattered, and that perceived deregulation doesn't. Now you seem to be back tracking on your next portion.

Of course they do. It means they can cut costs and thus improve profits. It means they don't have to spend as much on pesky environmental and worker safety stuff.

Yep, that was my argument. Its unfortunate that it took you this long to admit it. As I said, in addition to the job creator cited, the perception of eased regulations means that business expect more profits, and then expand, creating more jobs.

Your gripes about environmental and worker safety are irrelevant to the discussion on creating jobs, and we could spend another two hours debating.

This has been a great debate, but I feel you made two crucial mistakes.

The first was that you conceded that Trumps proposed deregulation helped the market. The other was that you admit that investment leads to expansion.

So in other words, it seems entirely plausible that if companies now have more investment because of Trumps proposed regulation policy, and more investment leads to expansion, that the increase in the estimated job growth numbers for January were because Trumps proposed deregulations.

I am sure you disagree, but unfortunately I need to turn in for the night.

But I am such a nerd that debating this with you has been a good night, and I look forward to doing so again.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

When he wone the presidency and when he was close to winning,was only reason why there was a job growth,other then more govt workers,look at prior record,numbers speak for themselves,so yes Trump was reason

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21851525]cantthinkofausername

Are they doing this on purpose or do they think the American people are that gullible?

The American people ARE that gullible!

How do you think we ended up with Trump in the White House?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I guess time needs to be set aside to read very carefully a transcript of Trump claiming the totally fraudulent Jobs-Report numbers claim which has been going on ever since the 'Great Recession' began under Obama from the fraud created during the W. Bush administrations

I can say that Trump did not use the "I" word in the customary 10 times of every paragraph the way Obama sputtered out the 'ME & I" references every chance he got to spout off

I will need to get back with the OP on that observation

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ksiezyc

People are more confident in the economy with President Trump. Have you seen the market react to them?

Lowest approval rating in history.

Now that must give confidence. Right?

Cause it's all about the polls right?

Well if it is Trumps at 53% now on the 12th day of Trumpmas.

Trumpmas?

Seriously?

I know you guys worship him and all but that is getting too close to worshipping false idols, having other gods before HIM, taking the Lord's name in vain etc.

As a Christian I am highly offended with "Trumpmas".

Don't take Christ's name in vain!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

More fake news from the liberal side. There are millions of people that never returned to work under the Obama administration. All he did was try to turn America into a 3rd world country to push his less than honorable intentions.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Arizonaguy
Yeah, well. Compare the size of that economy. Inertia does not only apply to physical mass.

The point is, Donny is jumping onboard with a rising tide.

Raising tide?
Do you personally work in the private sector?
Because it definitely doesn't sound like you understand how it's going down here in the trenches. Sure you can post statistics with the best of them. But do you really have your hands on the pulse of the people? The nation? The regulations imposed under the Obama administration make owning and operating a business financially unfeasible. Especially in my industry. What is president Obama's problem with medical marijuana. Yet you all sit there telling me all the amazing things he did for us all. But I have yet to personally see it.
I see:
A stagnating economy
Over Taxation
Over Regulation
Lack of faith in the private sector
Lack of faith in the individual
and it saddens me to think we are not living up to our potential as a people and the main roadblock is a bloated ever expanding corrupt establishment that has lost touch with the common man...
The way you talk here makes me think you are part of that mechanism...

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Do you personally work in the private sector?
Yes. Always have. The construction industry currently.

Because it definitely doesn't sound like you understand how it's going down here in the trenches.
I know that subcontractors are very busy and, as a result, their prices have been going up for a few years now. I know that it's a good business in which to look for work.

Sure you can post statistics with the best of them.
You mean the statistics that Trump is crowing about?

Yet you all sit there telling me all the amazing things he did for us all.
Please, show me where I said Obama did anything amazing.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

It's completely true. Just like the stock market soared before he was sworn in.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry. Trump is also getting the 'credit' for policies Obama started, like the ban on people entering US from certain countries...

Obama also sent troops into Europe to threaten Russia, jyst before he stepped down. Russia see this as an aggressive move. But you know lets just keep bickering over employment stats and ignore important facts while the world goes mad with mass hysteria.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join