It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Administration Just Took Credit For Obama’s Final Jobs Report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Trump Administration Just Took Credit For Obama’s Final Jobs Report

When President Obama took office, America was losing 600,000 jobs a month. In the throes of the Bush Recession, our nation was facing an incredibly steep uphill climb. But he dragged our nation out of the mire and oversaw the longest stretch of constant job growth in American history.

All that effort and careful work has culminated in our nation adding a staggering 227,000 new jobs in the month of January, far above the 175,000 that economists projected. It will be the 76th consecutive month of job growth for our nation. The unemployment rate ticked up to 4.8% – because more and more Americans are confident enough to look for work again.

and The Trump admin of course said this..something they had nothing to with...

“Today’s report reflects the consumer confidence that the Trump presidency has inspired. According to a recent Gallup poll, economic confidence is at a new high, and ADP showed strong private-sector hiring. President Trump campaigned on putting Americans to work again. Even before he took office, the markets knew he’d deliver on that promise. The president has already taken significant steps to turn our economy around, and he’s looking forward to ensuring that every American that wants a job has the opportunity to find one”

I know presidential admins lie but WTH is wrong with this one, not only does it outright lie but it seems to not even realize they can be fact checked.

Are they doing this on purpose or do they think the American people are that gullible?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The argument that I saw from Trump supporters is that the increase in the number of new jobs can be attributed to employers having an optimistic outlook because of the incoming Trump administration, and they're doing more hiring because of it. That explanation is just an assumption without any further research into the issue.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

People are more confident in the economy with President Trump. Have you seen the market react to them?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Talked to a Canadian business owner, he had a hiring freeze on awaiting the outcome of the American election.
He's hiring again now that Trump won.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't see how a guy that spent the majority of his time golfing and campaigning can be given credit for anything.

Consumer confidence went up last November when Trump won.

So people.

Obama didn't build that.

edit on 3-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

People are more confident in the economy with President Trump. Have you seen the market react to them?

Lowest approval rating in history.

Now that must give confidence. Right?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes. Wall Street likes the idea of less regulation.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I'm sure wall street is licking its chops to screw over the middle class again

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You mouthin' off sucka?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

and most death threats and protests, per capita. hehehe.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So what? And why not? Once Trump was elected the stock market surged. Obama had nothing to do with jobs this last quarter. President-elect Trump had a little discussion with Carrier, and they decided to stay in the US. President-elect Trump had a little discussion with Ford, and Ford decided to forego building a plant in Mexico and build it in Michigan. Businesses throughout the country waited to make hiring decisions based on the outcome of the election. Once Trump was elected they made their move. What, you think Obama should get credit for this?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Cause it's all about the polls right?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Cause it's all about the polls right?

Well if it is Trumps at 53% now on the 12th day of Trumpmas.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If white males control all the companies like feminist tell me and all white males are white supremacist who love trump than that means the people running company policies on hiring and expansion are trump supporters.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Most of those jobs where waiters/food beverage servicing sector jobs. Nothing to start to a family, pay o mortgage or even a student loan with. His job growth is paltry at best, the economy should be roaring again with that amount of jobs added back. In about 10 years, most normal service sector jobs will have been replaced with robots.

With Trump, it seems like business is back doing business again back here in America. Manufacturing goods paying workers upwards of $20 an hr makes for a happier populace.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Most of those jobs where waiters/food beverage servicing sector jobs.

No.

Retail: 46,000
Construction: 36,000
Financial: 32,000
Food Service: 30,000
Professional & Tech: 23,000
Health care: 18,000

www.bls.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And those numbers are from which state? again, oops I forgot is all the 50 states.

Unemployment is over. Thanks Obama.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Me as the Donald:
Now now Annee you know that's fake news, our Alt facts says different, we had the biggest bestest inaugural attendance everrr...Ok?? everyone loves me and that's tremendous! btw did you see the pathetic little demonstration the women had in comparison to my inaugural attendance..sad!
Btw my Alt-facts say the good job's report is mine just like my wife's speech was her's but the fake news outlets won't give her credit they gave it to Michelle ...totally sad!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The argument that I saw from Trump supporters is that the increase in the number of new jobs can be attributed to employers having an optimistic outlook because of the incoming Trump administration, and they're doing more hiring because of it. That explanation is just an assumption without any further research into the issue.

Well, the morning after the election most liberal and turncoat Republican flip top talking head Pez dispenser show hosts were certainly blaming Trump and his being elected for the after-hours 900 point Dow sell off. Seems hypocritical to blame that on Trump but then with old credit for him when the market started soaring the next day and hiring took off like a rocket, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Shows you just how insignificant the average anti-Trump malcontent really is to this country and our economy, doesn't it? All those self important Hollywood millionaires, pro athletes, activists, and entitled milenials and their threats, angst, and psychological agony feeds an economic resurgence benefitting the very policies they've been rending their clothes and throwing dirt on their heads over. #HowMuchDoTheyReallyMatter
edit on 3-2-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join