It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Beckham tried to use his UNICEF charity work to win a knighthood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I always followed a simple thing called;" Intention " Its something very accurate i believe, its something that is true, it takes out the character in you, without the human facade in front.

Apparently David used ( what i consider on obligation ) UNICEF to boost his chances of obtaining a Knighthood. If this is true to its nature, i believe every chance for David to be knighted is gone forever.

The former Manchester United star admitted his charitable efforts were a conscious effort to win an honour.

DAVID Beckham’s multi-million pound image was shattered last night after damning emails revealed he used charity work as part of a desperate campaign to win a knighthood.

In a series of bombshell leaks, the football legend branded the honours committee “unappreciative c****” and dismissed lower awards, ranting: “Unless it’s a knighthood f*** off.”
The Sun

edit on 201723 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

edit on 201723 by tikbalang because: spelinginga

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
"I would have [spelling corrected] got a knighthood if I were an American"?
Why does he think that? Very few Americans get knighthoods, for fairly obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

what a total D-bag.
he's the male version of Angelina Jolie.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Whats with swear words in media these days? Editors are like comming straight out of slums in Blackpool.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
His reasons for raising and donating millions of his own money are his own reasons. Was it for glory? For a knighthood?...... Who actually cares?

In 2013 Beckham announced that his entire annual salary from French club Paris Saint-Germain would be donated to local children.

That equated to £3.4 million.

David and Victoria's own charity has given over £1 million  to help children

Thats just 1 of countless examples of what he has done.

Whatever you think of him, just remember how much he has done to help others.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Meh, not the first or last celebrity to pull this stunt. I will admit I thought his character was above this type of thing. Still a legendary career and he has done a lot for charity to make our world a better place. I don't think this revelation will define his overall character, especially among sports fans. We all make mistakes, and maybe this was just a temporary phase for David. His legacy already seems carved, is this really enough to stain it much?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
His reasons for raising and donating millions of his own money are his own reasons. Was it for glory? For a knighthood?...... Who actually cares?

In 2013 Beckham announced that his entire annual salary from French club Paris Saint-Germain would be donated to local children.

I wouldn't quite call it giving ...... I would say he was more in the process of

purchasing himself a knighthood

How ever I dont think he has much to worry about the title has lost its prestige,

and is currently being given out to every Tom Dick and Harry.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If I can make rich people donate money to get an arbitrary title why should I be mad?

Still more than Obama did to get a Nobel Peace Prize.

Of course an American, I may not understand the majestic powers of Knighthood as I do not live under a King or Queen, even if its ceremonial now.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

why the urge for knighthood?

its easy to find people doing the right things , its a miracle to find someone doing it for the right reasons
edit on 50228America/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 21:50:04 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Need to remember tjat quote

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: interupt42

Need to remember tjat quote

its came from something that i always tell my son. do the right thing , for the right reasons.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Except he did nothing to help others. He did it to help himself. Others being helped was not the goal.

new topics

top topics

join