It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Is Dealing With Over 12,000 Tweets Calling For Trump's Assassination

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I can't help but think of all the times that we were told that Obama was at such risk of being assassinated by white supremacists after he was first elected.
It was all a bunch of hooey.
There were no conservative magazines or shows calling for his assassination.
The left is doing just what they unjustly blamed conservatives for thinking.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

All it takes is one loony with a gun. The way he's being demonized 247 it's not irrational or improbable to think that it can happen.

Become a hero and have your name immortalized?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm well aware of that.

Thank you for helping make my point for me.

People need to take a step back. 12000 tweets. Sounds like a lot. Thousand tweets a day--sounds even worse. How many people inhabit the Twitter-verse globally? Tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? I don't know. I'll go with lots and lots. In that vein, 12000 isn't all that many. Too many? Hell, yes it is. As I said above, one is too many.

How many of those posts are one time, spur of the moment emotional rants that that person regrets sending almost instantly? How many are the same moron posting multiple times, and I hope he enjoys--it's almost certainly a he, it seems it almost always is--his interview with those humorless gentlemen from the Secret Service, thinking he's some sort of political genius.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

seems like if you did it in the Obama area, they'd track you down and bring charges, why is it different now?

Meet the Obama Death Tweeter Who Will Be Arrested Today

gawker.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Too true.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be investigated...of course it should be investigated. As you say, it only takes one.

I'm only saying that the problem is probably being over-blown.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's clear that Civics classes in the U.S. need reviewing/revamping because a generation of citizens do not understand the fundamental, foundational principles of this country. Let's bring back remedial logic too, because they also fail to grasp basic cause/effect.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yeah but tweets aren't the only factor here.

We have protest/rioting/tweets/ex presidents/mainstream media/ and Sarah Silvermans stoking the flames.

What we have is a trail of gasoline on fire getting ready to finally make it to a tanker.

There is only one thing left to happen.

I hope it doesn't, but I won't be surprised if it does.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Are civics classes even a thing anymore? Given the furor over the Electoral College back in November, I have my doubts...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

This nation needs to enforce the laws it has.

Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

No argument.

As has been said, it only takes one.

The truly sad thing about it is that the likes of Silverman and her ilk would hail the nut as some sort of "hero of the masses". Little realizing the utter short sightedness of it all.

You notice I'm not disagreeing with you? I just don't think it's quite as huge a problem as you do. It is still a problem, however...and it needs addressing before it does become a huge problem.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No I agree, the tweets aren't even a problem. Probably just angry snowflakes, but a real threat seems imminent IMO because the left are not slowing down at all and only continue to push even more extreme rhetoric by the day.. they are already clearly trying to start a civil war.. it's only a matter of time until something gives..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

There I'm in agreement with you.

The trend is worrisome. The Secret Service probably thinks so, too.

I'm not sure what the answer is, as that particular element within the left isn't listening. They aren't going to unless something drastic changes. ...and frankly, it's the "drastic" that worries me.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We already had at least one nut try to actually do it.

When it happens again people like _________ will be all like 'see, see, look what Trump has caused' as if it proves he 'looks bad' and thus deserves it. Not that he might not go on to deserve it, but that they're already wanting/trying to before having any real cause (besides not liking him personally) shows how mentally retarded they are.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Link please.

link
edit on 3-2-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Which is silly logic of course, since the most well known successful assassinations are MLK, Kennedy, Ghandi and Lincoln, all people most wouldn't mind being associated with. I mean were they being assassinated proof they were bad people? Lol is so absurd.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm well aware of that.

Thank you for helping make my point for me.

People need to take a step back. 12000 tweets. Sounds like a lot. Thousand tweets a day--sounds even worse. How many people inhabit the Twitter-verse globally? Tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? I don't know. I'll go with lots and lots. In that vein, 12000 isn't all that many. Too many? Hell, yes it is. As I said above, one is too many.

How many of those posts are one time, spur of the moment emotional rants that that person regrets sending almost instantly? How many are the same moron posting multiple times, and I hope he enjoys--it's almost certainly a he, it seems it almost always is--his interview with those humorless gentlemen from the Secret Service, thinking he's some sort of political genius.

And how many of those are NOT from America?

Trump is not well-liked in many places (Scotland, for one) and a tweet-bot isn't that hard to set up. Tweet-spoofing is also possible if you've got reasonable skillz.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Right. And the thing is I've been noting this kind of logic in posts lately, where it's like 'lookie, State Dept. types are resigning therefore Trump Trump protests must make sense', which, even if they aren't crony crooks as the cause, well there it is the same logic.
edit on 3-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

He's not entirely wrong imo because the mental state of the people now compared to then it a lot different.. and also the image of those you mentioned are a lot different to how Trump has been painted

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Who in Scotland has enough emotional vestment to want to kill anybody here in the US?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is an open post to everyone that wants Trump dead or gone.

What do you want? What laws do you want changed?

What is it???

What is the ultimate goal?

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join