It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musical Signatures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Recently I've noticed pics in peoples signatures with 'now playing (insert band and song here), theres several slighty different versions that people seem to be using..

This is the one cpr12r is using

What is it and how can i get one

thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
AudioScrobbler

Then just take the url of any of the images in our signatures, and change our username, to yours on AudioScrobbler.

We even have an ATS group!

[edit on 30-1-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm using something different than most of the 'scrobblers here.
SigX

It doesn't rely on Audioscrobbler, so it'll keep updating when their servers are backed up or down. It's a fun little toy.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i've joined audioscrobbler, downloaded the plugin and i'm confused as what to do next.....help

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
i've joined audioscrobbler, downloaded the plugin and i'm confused as what to do next.....help

Install the plugin, then open your media player, and find the settings of the plugin. Enter your AudioScrobbler information into the login section. Then hit Save. Then itll update to AudioScrobbler, and your profile will show your new information.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If you're using Winamp:

go to Winamp and press Ctrl-P. That will bring up your preferences window. Under "Plug-Ins," select "Media Library."
You should see an entry on the right that says "Audioscrobbler for Winamp" -- double click on that.
Enter your Audioscrobbler username and password in the box that pops up and then click "Save."

All done.

BTW, your signature code should be:
[ url=http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ukwizard/][ img]http://projectcode.myhost24.com/Images/generate.php?username=ukwizard[ /img][ /url]
(take out the spaces first)

[edit on 30-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Install the plugin, then open your media player, and find the settings of the plugin. Enter your AudioScrobbler information into the login section. Then hit Save. Then itll update to AudioScrobbler, and your profile will show your new information.

i can't access profile editor, is that what you mean?
How do i get the image in my sig, do i need to host anything?
I've done the mediaplayer user name, password etc

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If you have the plugin installed properly, and you went to the preferences of the plugin and signed in, then itll start uploading the name of the song to your profile automatically. The Profile Editor on AudioScrobbler is just for extra information about yourself.

To put it in your signature use this without the spaces:
[ url=http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ukwizard/][ img]http://projectcode.myhost24.com/Images/generate.php?username=ukwizard[ /img][ /url]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
thank you dreamlandmafia
all is happy now,

i presume the songs will appear after a while?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Audioscrobbler servers are down right now, so your songs should start showing up soon enough. The plugin will save the song information you've been listening to and send it when the servers are working again.

Meanwhile, you can join the ATS group there if you'd like:
www.audioscrobbler.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does anyone know of one that will work with MusicMatch?

If not, is Winamp a good alternative? What do you guys/gals use?

[edit on 30-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Winamp is highly recommended.
www.winamp.com...

iTunes isn't bad, from what I've heard, but IMO Winamp has less bloat.

MusicMatch is icky.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Does anyone know of one that will work with MusicMatch?

If not, is Winamp a good alternative? What do you guys/gals use?

WinAmp is awesome. It can play everything, aslong as you have the codec for it. Theres tons of skins and plugins for it as well.

The only downside of it is that its owned by AOL.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the advice. I'll download winamp to see if I like it.

I'm surprised you don't like Musicmatch banshee, it's got some cool features like super tagging that will automatic rename music files with the artist/song of what ever. It does seem to be resource hog though.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ok I just installed Winamp, when I click on one song to play the playlist loads my entire music folder listing everyone of my songs. What's up with that?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The sigs are also fairly easy to build if you have the inclination. Mine is hand done usnig some clever PHP scripting and the httpq plugin for Winamp. I didnt realize there were so many sites offering the service in a simplified version; seemed too geek to be so popular.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've got to thank you for recommending Winamp. It's an awesome program with more features and plug-ins then any other audio program. I'm very happy.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Where do the songs come from? Are these services or freebies or what?

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

You can rip them from CDs you already own.

There are also websites with free mp3s you can download.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Winamp is free and plays mp3 from your system. It can also connect to internet radio stations. Awesome program, better than what I was using (Musicmatch Jukebox).

In my signature you will see what song I’m listening to. This is a free service from AudioScrobbler, We even have an ATS group you can join. All you do is download their plug-in install it on your computer to work with a compatible audio program and put some code in your signature. Easy as pie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join