It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusional Protesters and Their Delusional Protests

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: underwerks

Where in there did he say word one about bowing to the current administration?

The OP, if you bother to read his postings around here, is one of the last who would advocate such...

He asked, in a rather multi-syllabic fashion, what good is screaming, whether vocally, or through "angry" signage, "Love Trumps Hate" when they were practicing something quite a ways from Love. Seems rather self-defeating, to me. I'm certainly ignoring their hypocritical rantings. Just as I ignore the rantings of their handlers in the media.

Mobs seldom get it right, and these were no different.

Ochlocracy, indeed.

As for the protests, let them protest. If some private property gets burned or damaged, it's just property. Free speech is more important than property.

If you don't agree with that, then what's the alternative? Take away some more of our rights because something might happen while expressing those rights?

Given the anger in America right now I'd say some cars getting tipped over and property being damaged is getting off light.

Since when is destroying property "Speech" ? Lets not exclude bodily harm to others here either and pretend that is not a part of what is happening either and simply part of protesting. And next to that since when is doing that even called "Protesting". Violently intimidating others and destroying any and their property that is called "Rioting" and violently oppressing other people's actual free speech is called just that, Oppressive. Now see who the true oppressors are in all of this.

My opinion of you and other people engaged in this is that they are afraid and fear what other people might have to say which is why you resort to violence and noise because you have nothing substantial to argue with and that makes you insecure and powerless and you show your weakness as a result of it. Truth hurts.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is why I believe the left has gone insane:

The reason everyone on the left, from the BLM in the street, to the protestor assaulting people and burning buildings, to the obstructionist politician to the judges that try to make law instead of execute law...is so insane right now is simple. They know for a fact, that if they leave President Trump alone to run the country, he will fix all the problems, correct the economy, there may be a declaration of world peace, the discovery of a cure for cancer and everything thing else will become so perfect, that no human being will have to do without.

THAT is why they are going nuclear to stop Trump everywhere they can...they don't want him to succeed in fixing everything. They simply won't allow a President from the right to solve all the world's problems...only they are allowed to do that. But just never have.

So there you go. Trump can fix everything...therefore, the left have to stop him.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: underwerks
Those aren't constitutionally protected rights. Freedom of speech and by extension protesting is.

Actually...

The right to travel is a part of the 'liberty' of which the citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment. If that "liberty" is to be regulated, it must be pursuant to the law-making functions of the Congress. . . . . ... Freedom of movement is basic in our scheme of values.

My walking down the street is a constitutionally protected right under the 5th amendment. I suggest you read the constitution sometime...

And when someone is violating my 5th amendment rights by exercising their 1st amendment rights is when I take issue with it.

I think we can solve everything if the use of deadly force were permitted in defense against a person keeping an American citizen from enjoying their Constitutional and God given rights. Yes...I think this would all end pretty quickly.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
Attacking people is no way to win an argument.

It is the way that 'some' people can win an argument.
Usually when they have no other intellectual ammunition, and they are emotionally/egoically invested (beliefs are threatened), violence is a common response.
Not all are born with a silver tongue attached to a golden mind, and folks like that commonly inspire violence from the fear and jealousy and hatred.
Man is not a rational species.
But, theoretically, there is no room for 'violence' in an intellectual discussion ('philosophical argument').
Perhaps it's no way to win an argument (philosophical discussions do not need to be 'won', they need to be understood!) for you or I, but it remains so for some.
I do not condone violence, nor can I condemn it.
What is, is... *__-

I have found that, Universally, if you don't like something (or even if you do), don't do anything at all for long enough, and it will change/pass! *__-

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Call it a wild guess, but I get the feeling that you are still sore about having to accept the results of the election in the United States

Of course!
The election was far from 'legitimate', as is, thus, the 'president'.
How Trumpish to demonize contradiction and other Perspectives!
Perhaps it is you who is delusional?
But no one who is delusional would ever admit it...
Delusional people see delusional people everywhere!
Something about mirrors...

Only healthy, intelligent, sane honest people are 'sore' over an illegitimate president's installation as if legitimate!
The Cheetos got their King...

At least you're willing to admit it. That's half the battle.

I'm not 'sore', his edicts have yet to harm me. Perhaps then I'll be 'sore', physically.
I said that "Only healthy, intelligent, sane honest people are 'sore' over an illegitimate president's installation as if legitimate!"
I didn't claim to be one! *__-

The other half is proving your soreness is justified.

All the 'proof' that We need will come out in court, and it is already beginning to do.
I am really not ('sore') emotionally involved, I have seen and heard too many politicians, for that.

Besides, President Mike?
(rolls eyes)
*__-

edit on 5-2-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Love Trumps Hate...

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Delusional or not, these protests are very effective at getting under the skin of some people, especially Trump. It's kind of funny to read the posts complaining about the protestors. Attention is what any protest group wants, and posts about protesting are a form of attention.
Thanks, OP!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Which administration doesnt lie?

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The protestors are ironically protesting against democracy, essentially.

And if the protestors had their way, they would become fascists in their extreme anti-everything beliefs.

Hypocritically.

I'm not politically inclined in the least but this is what it looks like to me. Am I wrong? Was not Trump voted in by our own laws of democracy? Isn't he pretty much the embodiment of the American dream? Idk I feel like maybe it was all becoming royalty in the sense that if you weren't born into it, then you didn't have a shot. But America... isn't about that. Trump is proof.

Or maybe I'm not seeing it straight.

Anyway good message OP, ty for sharing.

Sharing is caring,
Love,
Lou.
edit on 5-2-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
What a stupid thread. There's nothing delusional about seeing a narcissistic fascist for what he is.

The delusional people are the ones who think Trump will do anything except help millionaires get richer.

Not surprisingly you've missed the entire point of the OP. Your outrage, and incredulous disbelief that Trump actually won after you willingly swallowed every lie your MSM and Democratic Party handlers fed to you about how your chosen candidate was a virtual shoo-in and Trump was nothing but a joke. Now all you misdirected anger at Trump and his supporters when you should be holding your own leader's feet to the fire for what they have done to you. You simply cannot accept that you were so completely and laughably WRONG. This is the delusion.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Millions upon millions of deluded people? Thank god we have conservatives to keep us grounded....

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day....

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

If you want to label it as that feel free. But that's just a shortcut to thinking. Raising awareness and showing solidarity could be classified as public relations, but that doesn't mean that's what it is.

It's not as simplified as you're trying to make it.

No, he's right...

Protesting may indeed heighten awareness of a certain subject, but in general, it's just a way for people to feel like they've done something helpful. To feel like they were involved, whilst the real work is done by educated people. Lawyers, policy changers, etc.

I'm sure all the rioters who have damaged property, will look back on their lives in their old age and really feel like they helped. They will tell their grandchildren they were part of a "movement". But really they just made signs and a mess without putting in any actual hard work.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join