It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusional Protesters and Their Delusional Protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+82 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Call it a wild guess, but I get the feeling that you are still sore about having to accept the results of the election in the United States, and by default, anything that occurs after it.

Viewed as it was through the rose-colored lenses and gross revelation of a highly centralized media with every motive to be dishonest, along with the constant din of the out-of-touch laughter of mocking pundits, the presidential race concluded with the exact opposite of the results you were promised. The joke, it seems, was on you. I suppose it is painful, though I would hope more humbling, to see everything you dismissed as impossible come to a reality in front of your incredulous eyes, especially when most of it was your fault.

Obviously I get this feeling because you are protesting all over the country, chanting and sign-clutching against absurdities such as “divisive rhetoric”, “racism”, and the off-chance that you’ll find yourself in a fascist dystopian future as imagined by some blogger—at any rate, your superstitions. But also you protest the perturbations of the very same propaganda-merchants that were wrong about everything up until now. Might it be time for some self-reflection? Perhaps not.

As for the delusion just take a look at your protest signs. Every other cardboard catchphrase reads “Not my president” in barely legible scribbling. This statement is not only untrue, but is anathema to an open and free society, and a sure sign of ochlocracy. To be clear, voters and their representatives determine who the president is, while the mobile vulgis, that fickle crowd whom philosophers since ancient Greece feared would gain power through mob violence—you—do not get to make such decisions at your whim and fancy in a liberal democracy, no matter what the signs may read. Not only that but you would not be marching if Trump was, in fact, not your president, which he most certainly is.

And imagine if it were true that Love Trump's Hate like your signs always seem to promise but never deliver, instead of being the mere signalling and gesturing of people seeking crowd allegiance. One might expect at least one minor display of affection from these seething mobs, with perhaps a “We love you” written on a sign somewhere, thereby acting in accordance with your ridiculous principle. Instead, in between the shrill cries and “autistic screeching” of these constant lovers, we get riot, assault, vandalism, or maybe a burning effigy with which to engage in the metaphorical, but no less ritualistic, display of murder of an elected leader. Your love trumps nothing. The only thing a mob so inured to its own groupthink loves is the littering, the vandalism, the burning flags, and the loss of individual responsibility in the movements of a stampeding mob, but “trumping hate” seems the very last of your concerns.

No, I get it, you’re opposing fascism and racism and authoritarianism—at least that’s what you keep yelling. The irony is you are employing the same means as your imagined oppressors, none of whom you could point at. If you keep up your “peaceful protests”, destroying public and private property, denouncing the inborn characteristics of others, and inflicting violence against those who dissent from your now-perverted orthodoxy, fascism, racism and authoritarianism is exactly the sort of reactionary force you’re going to be up against. If fascism does arise in America, it is because you brought it on your self.

The more and more you engage in your delusions the more and more you turn them into self-fulfilling prophecies, and your mortal enemies (read: fellow citizens) will have no choice but to defend the rights you threaten. And those who you have refused to defend, those who you have silenced under threat and heckling for the purpose of gaining your political currency, will turn from your shrill cries with utter indifference, because we all know what they're worth.

Thank you for reading,

LesMis

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
all Republics in history end up Dictatorships if only these fools knew to what ends they are being used

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I read, I read and I like it, sadly is those that support what is going on and see no problem with what is been done to the nation.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You can't expect people to bow to an administration that blatantly lies every week. Especially if they weren't fans of it in the first place.

I understand wanting to give Trump a chance, but he's not giving us a chance to give him a chance. Its one thing after another.

My advice to the Trump admin: stop making #### up. Then maybe some of us would take you seriously.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Delusional is as delusional does.

I commend the effort. I really do.

But they just don't and won't ever see what they are doing, and will continue to do is WRONG.

On so many levels.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I hope these words find the intended. I would highly doubt than many of those who protest find their way to the ATS boards, let alone this post. The boogie man they chase is a phantom. Something that does not exist, yet the extreme possibility that it might, or perhaps something they truly wish it was.

Their message is not far from what I've seen from the extreme right however. Chimes of apocalypse and dystopia followed by an urgent message to buy food and silver....perhaps and underground vault. Very much the same rhetoric.
What they are selling is the difference. Where the right would have you self sustain and protect yourself, the left elects to provide the very environment in which they are protesting against. Intentional or not.

#notmymess

edit on 3-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Call it a wild guess, but I would wager a majority of these 'delusional protesters' didn't even vote. So yeah, the joke is on them.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You can't expect people to bow to an administration that blatantly lies every week. Especially if they weren't fans of it in the first place.

I understand wanting to give Trump a chance, but he's not giving us a chance to give him a chance. Its one thing after another.

My advice to the Trump admin: stop making #### up. Then maybe some of us would take you seriously.

This administration is the most transparent administration in American history. You only know they lie because they are not in the business of public relations that you were used to.
edit on 3-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I see the same sort of reactions in individuals every time religion is discussed.

Religious beliefs center on the concept of doctrine. The way to force someone to believe in your brand of religion is called indoctrination.

These protesters have been indoctrinated into a belief system. As long as they hang out with other indoctrinated people they will continue with this pathetic behaviour.

When much of the media backs up your new found beliefs your belief gets stronger.

It will take time. It is very difficult to de-program these individuals.

P

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That is by far one of the best OP's I've had the pleasure of reading . Thank you for writing it 👍🏼

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Millions upon millions of deluded people? Thank god we have conservatives to keep us grounded....

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

This administration is the most transparent administration in American history. You only know they lie because they are not in the business public relations that you were used to.

Assuming people are dumb enough to eat up an outright lie says a lot about what Trump thinks of those same people.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Where in there did he say word one about bowing to the current administration?

The OP, if you bother to read his postings around here, is one of the last who would advocate such...

He asked, in a rather multi-syllabic fashion, what good is screaming, whether vocally, or through "angry" signage, "Love Trumps Hate" when they were practicing something quite a ways from Love. Seems rather self-defeating, to me. I'm certainly ignoring their hypocritical rantings. Just as I ignore the rantings of their handlers in the media.

Mobs seldom get it right, and these were no different.

Ochlocracy, indeed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Beautiful and poignant prose. And I agree wholeheartedly, however, I am not as eloquent as the o.p.

They are spoiled bastards. They do not care for the rewards of things earned. They are "gamers". They believe they can bull# their way through life, and anyone stupid enough to buy their bull# can pay for it.
In all honesty- # em'
They are nothing more than bastard frosted bastards with bastard filling....
They are useless day old doughnuts waiting to be tossed into the # bin.
edit on 232017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

link   

What administration doesn't lie to us day in and day out? Was Obama transparent and truthful with us? Hell did the words he spoke to us even come from himself or did he have a team of people writing every line to be fed to us...After some think-tank analyzed what we wanted to hear most. Not just Obama either...I can remember no president that was honest with us and had our best intentions as a country at heart. None I was alive for anyway. So what's the real reason you wrote what you said in your post, because what I read drips of hypocrisy...Hate trump for the same things all presidents do. At least he addresses us on Twitter in his own words.

+15 more 
link   
To be fair, the illegals holding up "not my president" signs are absolutely correct.

Excellent post.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Talented writer for a blonde surfer backstreet boy

The truth will always resonate regardless who and where it comes from, and I get the sense the more sensible and rational minds of the left are starting to realize the true nature of their party. Those are the ones that this will resonate with and the ones that are so far gone will have trouble comprehending your post.

But no worries, your talents won't go to waste because those that should understand, will..

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
America is at war with itself

The heads of the CIA and FBI have both come on the record to say that America’s traditional enemy, Russia, covertly interfered in the elections by hacking the Democrat Party. Whether you believe this story or not is irrelevant to a far more important point: that the American establishment is now at war with itself. By leaking information on what it says is evidence of a Russian information influence operation, the US intelligence community is conducting its own influence operation against an incoming president.

medium.com...

Perhaps this is why Russia hacked the elections - it need not invade at all to critically destablilise America. Just put the crazy guy in charge instead.

So far the plan is working brilliantly. And it is only week 2.

Time to wake up America.

ETA, before I get flamed for being anti Trump, by wake up I mean everyone needs to see the master plan for what it is. Russia perhaps wanted a polarising figure like Trump in charge because they saw knew we'd see exactly what we are seeing now with all the civil unrest. They calculated that the liberals would lose their crap and go on the rampage.
edit on 3-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Millions? Hardly.

The OP was referencing, not the peaceful marches, but the violent vandalism driven "protests" of recent months. Those were hardly millions, not even remotely.

Us grounded? So you were out there throwing bricks through windows, etc...? Or are you merely advocating for them?

I should think that you'd be disowning that portion of the wondrous left, not advocating for them. I'm a centrist democrat with right tendencies, and I want nothing to do with that part of the democratic party...and the vast majority of them, assuming they're smart enough to speak at all, would identify with the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Where in there did he say word one about bowing to the current administration?

The OP, if you bother to read his postings around here, is one of the last who would advocate such...

He asked, in a rather multi-syllabic fashion, what good is screaming, whether vocally, or through "angry" signage, "Love Trumps Hate" when they were practicing something quite a ways from Love. Seems rather self-defeating, to me. I'm certainly ignoring their hypocritical rantings. Just as I ignore the rantings of their handlers in the media.

Mobs seldom get it right, and these were no different.

Ochlocracy, indeed.

An administration that blatantly lies to the public and backtracks and twists the truth in real time will never have my support, and I'm not the only one.

As for the protests, let them protest. If some private property gets burned or damaged, it's just property. Free speech is more important than property.

If you don't agree with that, then what's the alternative? Take away some more of our rights because something might happen while expressing those rights?

Given the anger in America right now I'd say some cars getting tipped over and property being damaged is getting off light.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join