It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.4 million visa applications were rejected by the Canadian government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Canada's going to need a wall....a really really big ol ice wall....

We have a liberal government here, but American liberals are not like us at all....no...not at all. Too much anger, too protesty about everything.

I dunno.

Try talking to a Canadian liberal about Trump. Gets pretty ugly quick.

Ps. And while he wasn't even elected by us, there were still protests here against him in every major city. And dear God! Should I ever point out any one of our current PMs flaws to one of my liberal friends, the horror!
edit on 3-2-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: xuenchen

Vetting works, .

I'm sure the 14 dead people in San Bernadino would agree

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

True, but consider us Canadians only number around 36-ish million compared to the United State's 320-ish million.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

WASHINGTON — Tashfeen Malik, who with her husband carried out the massacre in San Bernardino, Calif., passed three background checks by American immigration officials as she moved to the United States from Pakistan. None uncovered what Ms. Malik had said online about her views on violent jihad.

She said she supported it. And she said she wanted to be a part of it.

mobile.nytimes.com... r=0&referer=https://m.facebook.com/

Yeah, vetting works

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I'm from Toronto, which happens to be the most multicultural city in the world and at my gym there are a group of liberal females always talking politics and I heard one of them say Trump is going to slaughter everyone or something along those lines.. I just had to face palm and fight to keep my mouth shut..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm from Toronto, which happens to be the most multicultural city in the world and at my gym there are a group of liberal females always talking politics and I heard one of them say Trump is going to slaughter everyone or something along those lines.. I just had to face palm and fight to keep my mouth shut..

While i agree with the general sentiment, TO doesn't come in even in the top 10 multicultural cities.

Visit any city in India. I've traveled the world, and they have to be the most culturally diverse of all. Doubt me? Look at the different races and religions they currently have in office. A few years ago it would have been even more diverse.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Actually, the false narrative is that there's some form of meaningful, stringent vetting that effectively weeds out the problem cases from a population of people who have little to no documentation from their host nations.

If people really knew what we were working with, you'd be terrified by the entire process. It's a joke.

Considering the average American is more likely to die from a lightning strike or a shark attack than from an act of terrorism, it's a bit ridiculous to be "terrified" of Muslim refugees. This entire thing is blown out of proportion in my opinion. Americans have once again fallen for the Islam boogeyman.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I have to laugh a little. Anyone inside of Toronto always talk about how you all consider yourselves 'the centre of Canada'. You're just the largest population. You do NOT represent me.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Your joking right? Toronto is the most multicultural and diverse city in the world..

This is FACT and if you did a quick Google search you would know, and no I'm not goinf to source it for you because I know this to be 100 percent true..Wow..... Really? Lol

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You seem to be saying you think this policy will be ineffective and causes an undue burden on innocent people. I may disagree with you, but those are reasonable arguments.

The OP is pointing out the hypocrisy to the crew shouting things like "No borders" or claiming that not allowing these people in is racist, and yet praising Canada who also denies millions of people the right to enter.

So I will ask you again, do you find the reaction of the people I cited to you to be hysterical and over the line?

I do find Trump himself to be racist, fascist and I'll add moronic and a bigot but I don't agree with violence on his person nor a military coup.

I don't find that 'no border' people mean actual no borders and no vetting rather they mean acceptance of people fleeing our common enemy, that migration is a human right. I agree with them.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Where did I say Toronto represented everyone or that I felt we are the center of Canada? Are you OK? All I said is we are the most diverse multicultural city in the world which is a FACT..

Wow you lost me real quick..

Bye

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Would a Muslim ban or any amount of vetting of Muslim immigrants have stopped Dylan Roof?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

The ignorance was so strong on your part I felt compelled to do this for you as a fellow Canadian ... Not even top 10?!? Lmao

Look who tops every list..

theculturetrip.com...

www.blogto.com...

www.pickthebrain.com...

notable.ca...

www.insidermonkey.com...

lifehacklane.com...

Maybe cool off on the tripping balls part and and enlighten yourself a little more..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That's a strawman and you know it. It has nothing to do with immigration. Personally, I think people that champion immigration at the possible detriment to our fellow countrymen should be held legally and financially responsible for any attacks.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

By the way...nice job skirting the vetting issue. Are your clothes woven teflon?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

How is it different? Is a white supremacist terrorist attack somehow easier for you to swallow than an Islamic one? We've had quite a few home grown terrorist attacks but I don't ever hear anything about how to make us safer from those. Do you? Why are we supposed to only make ourselves safer from Islamic Terror?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

How did I skirt it?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How is it different? Really?...here, I'll spell it out...B. E. C.A.U .S .E. H .E. W. A. S. B. O. R. N. H.E. R.E.... . You can't vett natural born citizens...you can't deport them either. Totally ridiculous argument
edit on 3-2-2017 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Because you offered no answer at all...that's how

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Canada seems to have strict laws and polices regarding incoming visitors.

This article outlines how many people were denied visa.

Terrorists, espionage or subversion.

Can Canadians confirm these policies for the rest of us?

And we would participate in a bait thread because... why ?

You link to an article that does nothing but tosses out a number without giving any other comparisons for context purposes. Nor did you even bother to dig around the internet to provide us with comparisons of other countries' vetting process numbers (or even the number of approved applications vs non-approved) for the sake of context and for providing a simple base to further intellectual exchange in this thread.

Thus, a bait thread.

And lo and behold, you got exactly what you wanted out of this thread... a pissing match, several pages of it.

Bravo.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join