It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.4 million visa applications were rejected by the Canadian government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Grambler

Can you cite anyone, anywhere ever saying that vetting is bad?

Democrats:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Prove it.

This guy....really?
I don't need to prove squat, it's a fact.
Turn the freaking TV on, punch any station number into the remote and watch for 5 minutes or peruse all the Leftist anti-Trump threads here on ATS.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

You mean like a secure border that people (including enemies) can't just flow across like ghosts?

link   
i think its interesting that america is closing its doors now that it has all the people it can manage. kind of gives off a vibe of "we got what we wanted, now go screw yourself, rest of the world that helped us build our country". more than a little ungrateful considering how much business we are still doing with other countries. we want your money, but thats ALL we want from you. help us make money and then go the hell away. staying true to the spirit of business i suppose. i just hoped maybe we could find a little room for humanitarian spirit as well. but those two rarely get along you know? like that love and logic quote from shakespeare.

link   
This topic actually exemplifies the little imaginary bubble the far left lives in. How many times did we hear "I'm moving to another country if Trump wins"? It was all over the place.

It shows a profound ignorance to how the world works. It suggests that there's a number of countries out there which simply accept anyone and everyone and it's as easy as filling out a little paperwork, buying/renting a house, and you're on your way. New country. They push their imaginary existence on the rest of the world, pretending their looney assumption that America is somehow backwards for not accepting everyone isn't the norm everywhere else. Mexico is far stricter, as is Canada.

Then they recently doubled-down on the nonsense by not only suggesting legal and illegal is the same thing but furthermore, America should not have any borders. You know how many countries have that policy?

Zero.

So not a single country follows this imaginary blueprint they push yet they go even further again than the above and call anyone who doesn't agree a nazi. Punch the nazis!

Good lord.

link   

Cite away.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It should be easy for you then. My ego is not fragile, I can handle being wrong. Prove me wrong.
edit on 2/3/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I'm doubtful. Here is an eye-opener:

globalnews.ca...

Our 'sunny ways' tax and spend until our children have no hope Prime Minister fast tracked in thousands of Syrian refuges last year. It seemed he wanted this at all costs with little to no vetting, and booted many of our military men and women out of a CFB Trenton in order to give them a place to live, leaving our hard working military folk to scramble to find a place to live.
edit on 3-2-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've known a couple of people that made it in. One guy from Florida- took around 9 or 10 years, of him working as a contractor, and keeping a couple of people employed, and another couple from Switzerland that had money, and the husband had to also start up a business (exterior house finishing/brickwork), and keep a couple of people employed. It took them a little less time.

Seems to take money/skills/education ...at least 2 of those things.

Can't marry into the country either.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Cite away.

4th and 8th amendments of our Constitution! Educate yourself instead of using the parts of it that you can twist to fit your political agenda!

The Constitution applies to the citizens of this country NOT those we feel sorry for!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Can you cite anyone, anywhere ever saying that vetting is bad?

Yeah 95% of the Liberal nut jobs protesting Trump for his TEMPORARY immigration ban.
Don't even try to tell me otherwise.

Your giving the libs too much credit.. at least half of them had no idea what they were protesting for.. and the other half were just doing it because everyone else was..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Your post makes no sense. I'm asking for people to cite examples that prove their claim that liberals and leftists are against vetting immigrants.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Canadian here....I will admit that I am totally ignorant of the VISA requirements on my country, same goes for a lot of my fellow Canadians as well I would bet. What I do now is that it can be quite difficult to become a Canadian citizen, one has to speak English or French and have education or experience in a job that we require even to be considered. (Refugee status is different of course)

I took a quick look at our website here for applying for Visitor Visa to Canada Canadian Visa , I had a bit of a chuckle considering a lot of fellow Canadians bemoan our Cousin's to the south attitude when I read in one section the following:

"Important information: Entry to Canada is a privilege, not a right. You must meet the necessary requirements and you may need a Temporary Resident Visa."

Sorry eh.....I know quite a many up here call for open borders, and how dare Trump build a wall, but I guess easy for us to say isolated up here

edit on 3-2-2017 by Falenor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Anti Trump Protest Protesters at Airport Chanting NO BORDER! NO NATION! F DEPORTATION!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Your post makes no sense. I'm asking for people to cite examples that prove their claim that liberals and leftists are against vetting immigrants.

They don't care if they are vetted or not, as long as they get to come here.
They would rather have the country full of refugees than help real Americans that need the help.
Again,why are they hysterical over a temporary ban?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Already stated what the No Border movement is about. It means let people move away from where they need to for safety... it does not mean don't vet.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

i think its interesting that america is closing its doors now that it has all the people it can manage.

This country has always closed it's doors.

Once a point is reached. CLOSED.

Europe.Asia, and now it should be closed down south.

Out of the close to two hundred countries around the world.

A particular group has NO more rights than any other.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Cite away.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

You need me to cite people condemning Trump temporary ban as fascist or racist! My god, if you really haven't heard that, you have looked so little into this issue that you probably shouldn't be commenting on it!

But sure why not!

A quick search.

thinkprogress.org...

www.telesurtv.net...

www.slate.com...

www.alternet.org...

www.euronews.com...

jezebel.com...

www.irishtimes.com...

www.abc.net.au...

www.psychologytoday.com...

mashable.com...

www.latimes.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.rollingstone.com...

www.independent.co.uk... 51.html

Here are links to the protests to Trumps TEMPORARY ban to increase vetting.

time.com...

qz.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.nytimes.com...

Celebrities going nuts on TEMPORARY halt for increased vetting.

people.com...

www.buzzfeed.com...

toofab.com...

www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

Universities hysterical about the TEMPORARY halt of people from these countries for increased vetting

fortune.com...

ucsdguardian.org...

wesleying.org...

bpicampus.com...

This is just the tip of the iceberg. But you knew that.

But their, I cited it. So you now concede that it was outrageous for this hysterical reaction to increased vetting?

link   

That makes no sense at all. It's a perpetuated myth meant to drive a narrative of liberals.

link   

NO BORDER NO NATION doesn't mean no borders or nations globalist utopia, nope! It just means vetting!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join