It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican War on Public lands has begun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is from an email I received from an environmental group in Washington state, so I don't have a link, but they listed three actions that congress is undertaking to attempt to attack, exploit, pollute and possibly sell or give away government lands that belong to we the people. This is one of the many horrible assaults on America that's being launched by the extremist, Tea Party congress. Hopefully there will be a backlash in the next election, but it will probably too late to stop most of the damage.

Public Lands are Public Issues and currently those public lands are under attack - An all out war on our public lands has already begun. On their FIRST day the newly elected U.S. House of Representatives passed a controversial provision (H.R. 5) changing the way Congress calculates the costs and economic value of federal parks, forests and national wildlife refuges. The provision in essence implies our public lands have no intrinsic or economic value and paves the way for transferring or selling off our public lands to the highest bidder.

Days later, Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-UT-3) Introduced legislation (H.R. 621) that would sell off more than 3 million acres of public lands. In a press release Chaffetz claimed that the targeted lands managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) served “no purpose for taxpayers.”

The NEXT DAY Congressman Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) introduced H.J. Res. 46 seeking to repeal updates to the National Park Service’s rules that require detailed planning and safety standards for oil and gas drilling in over 40 National Parks. If these rules are repealed this leaves some of America's most treasured landscapes, our National Parks, open to threats from drilling and mining.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You can at least name the group right?

For credibility purposes of course.

TIA.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Credibility? I've been posting here for years, and anything bad about Republicans is bound to be true, but here's a link:

wawild.salsalabs.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Awesome! So a friend of friend told me........??????

Where is the link?

Since you were called out and finally posted your source, and after reading thru it why didn't I see your outrage over the Obama administration taking over public lands?

Kind of sick that states rights are now a selective choice depending on which political alter you worship at?

edit on 3-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
Ok, so that idiot Polosi say republicans hate all of nature. Homosexuals, Muslims, Jews, blacks, the moon and mars. Ok I've got it now, thanks

link   

Thank You.

Wasn't questioning your credibility because I asked for the source.

edit on Feb-03-2017 by xuenchen because: credited

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The forest service is under the department of agriculture , read that no longer conserved or reserved, but exploitable...

Wiki

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Good, why do the Feds need to own so much land? This country is supposed to be owned by The People. Open the land up to private individuals and companies and let them develop it! Native Americans can be given Federal land to develop. Hell, if blacks want reparations, have the Feds give them some land, let them build businesses, do whatever they wish. The Feds want to own the land because it gives them control over the populace, they use "environment" as a tool to fool the dumb.
edit on 3-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As near as I can find HR 5 of the current congress is a resolution that adopted the rules for the Congressional session, and HR 621 is directing the DoI to sell lands identified in 1997 as being excess and suitable for sale so....

This is the beginning of what now?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There are plenty of small towns with infrastructure and schools that need businesses. How about starting there first. I thought that was a priority for white rural America.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The Feds want to own the land because it gives them control over the populace

No, they want to own land to protect if from being destroyed, and for public usage as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Chaffetz has pulled the bill.It was mostly dealing with separate tracts of land instead of a large continuos one,but after
hearing public comments he pulled the bill saying that he was responding to the public.Rare for a official to listen to taxpayers and he should be commended for doing so.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Selling them off is one option but the other logical, Constitutionally legal option is to return administration of those lands to the individual states.

The federal government should never have been involved to begin with.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Public Lands are Public Issues and currently those public lands are under attack - An all out war on our public lands has already begun. On their FIRST day the newly elected U.S. House of Representatives passed a controversial provision (H.R. 5) changing the way Congress calculates the costs and economic value of federal parks, forests and national wildlife refuges. The provision in essence implies our public lands have no intrinsic or economic value and paves the way for transferring or selling off our public lands to the highest bidder.

Well the first problem what the op calls 'public' land is actually land from all '57' states.

Federal usurpation of it does need to come to an end.

From there each state gets to make their own calls what happens to that land.

And I am here to tell you.

As long as one group of people want to be the worlds bed and breakfast.

Your gonna need ALL the land you can get.
edit on 3-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The Feds want to own the land because it gives them control over the populace

No, they want to own land to protect if from being destroyed, and for public usage as well.

That was the Obama feds.
The Trump feds want complete deregulations so that he and his wealthy elite can rape and exploit it with no regulations against!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I was so thrilled to read this yesterday!
Republicans back off bill to sell 3.3m acres of public land after outcry

The fact that is was a combination of conservationists, hunters, and other outdoor enthusiasts that forced Chaffetz to fold, is heartening. This is a coalition that can bring tremendous pressure moving forward. There are numerous other similar bills still on the House agenda.

President Bannon's I mean Trump's overt war on the environment in favor of his big business buddies demands our full strength and determination.

#keepitpublic
edit on 2/4/2017 by Olivine because: add a thought

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Hunters and fishermen and outdoor sports enthusiasts were particularly against this maneuver. I'm glad to see that they stepped up! These are sports enjoyed by millions of people, but we need good clean land (and a lot of it) for the animals and fish to thrive.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine We are the ones who vote Republican,they better listen to us.The Democrats threw us away when they decided we don`t have rights to own guns or work in coal mines,burn wood,etc.Hopefully they will take a balanced approach,neither sell all or close off everything.Chaffetz moving to kill this bill is a cause to hope that we will be heard.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Republican party, the party that is for the rich and by the rich, will likely make sure the land is sold, probably practically given away, to some rich guy who controls them

The Republican party has no logical or moral reason to even exist other than to protect the interest of the rich and wealthy class.

Beyond that THEY DO NOTHING!

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell Better take a look at who the Democrats helped the last 8 years.Buffet,Soros,Zuckerberg,etc.The welfare class and illegals.The working class got higher taxes and our healthcare went sky high.Republicans can`t do worse.At least maybe they`ll stop a few of the jihadi,oops,i mean refugees from coming here for us to work longer hours and support.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join