It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Clock boy’ defamation case explodes in court — ordered to pay attorney fees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Looks like he was making it for some Jihadi role-play lulz.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: watchitburn
I think he did it with the intention of it looking like a bomb.

Actions have consequences, welcome to the world kid.

I tried to follow this case, but could never figure out what part of the clock looked like it might have explosive material that could be triggered by the clock part?

Does anyone know?

I mean, a clock is just a clock. To look like a bomb it need a second critical component. What was it?

Hypothetical:

You are a teacher in a classroom full of students. You see this:

You have about 5 seconds to decide. Are you going to stop and inspect it for all the correct components? Quick! Which one is a bomb? You have only a few seconds. Clock components can be incorporated into a bomb. Are you willing to risk the students lives and take time to inspect it to see if all the components are there? Are you?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

To to any layperson who just watches the news, it definitely would have looked like the trigger to an IED. Especially in today's atmosphere of fear and partial knowledge of things.

Which in my opinion was exactly what his goal was. Every one would freak out and he could say "What?! It's just a clock" then cry racism and let the SJW media do it's thing.

Which is exactly what happened.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Suicide bomber LARPing! Hahahahaha

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: AMPTAH

To to any layperson who just watches the news, it definitely would have looked like the trigger to an IED.

I understand that any clock could look like a trigger.

But, I'm asking for the part that looked like the object of that trigger.

I thought he brought this device to school to show his science teacher, who wouldn't exactly be a layman.

If his English teacher saw the device, he might think it could be a bomb, but then all he had to do was show the science teacher and get a second opinion.

So, I'm still miffed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Those pics are too blurry to me, to make out any detail.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Those pics are too blurry to me, to make out any detail.

That's kinda the point. You only have mere seconds to decide from a quick glance or a blurry image. Would you really take time to stop and say "Let's see. Is there an explosive or is it just a clock? Let me inspect it." In person with innocent children around you.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
I can't claim to know what clock boy was thinking. Whether he was honest or trolling americans. There are a lot of ways to build a clock, why make it so similar?

One's the size of a pencil box.
The other is the size of a suitcase.

Some people just can't tell the difference, indeed.
The image you have here just shows how easily one can lie with a picture.
edit on 18Fri, 03 Feb 2017 18:13:11 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's kinda the point. You only have mere seconds to decide from a quick glance or a blurry image. Would you really take time to stop and say "Let's see. Is there an explosive or is it just a clock? Let me inspect it." In person with innocent children around you.

Well, I'm a trained scientist, so I would be able to tell instantly, from a real live inspection. I'm familiar with the basic electronic components. I could tell if something is off. I would presume a science teacher could do the same. An English teacher might not. But, by the time the teacher calls the cops, and the cops arrive and arrest the kid, the English teacher could have grabbed the science teacher and gotten another opinion. That's all I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This was purely designed to get media attention for this kid, that's all. It worked, for a short time.

Until Americans' 14 second attention span moved on.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Cut the red wire!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well, I'm a trained scientist, so I would be able to tell instantly, from a real live inspection. I'm familiar with the basic electronic components. I could tell if something is off. I would presume a science teacher could do the same. An English teacher might not. But, by the time the teacher calls the cops, and the cops arrive and arrest the kid, the English teacher could have grabbed the science teacher and gotten another opinion. That's all I'm saying.

In the time the English teacher went to get the science teacher ... the bomb could have gone off if it were real.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I bet someone could discern the intent by really examining how the gadget was assembled. I bet it was made conspicuously suspicious.

A clock in a friggin briefcase makes no sense what so ever. Doesn't he wear a watch anyway???

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You're right. Every time someone in your country is caught with a device that looks like a bomb they should be unimpeded and not questioned. Because to do your job, ensuring the safety of citizens, is pissing your pants.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Daily Wire Editor-In-Chief Ben Shapiro did nothing wrong in questioning the motives of Ahmed “Clock Boy” Mohamed, a Muslim student who was detained by police after building a “clock” that resembled a bomb, a Texas court ruled.

That's why I like the Republic of Texas!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I bet someone could discern the intent by really examining how the gadget was assembled. I bet it was made conspicuously suspicious.

A clock in a friggin briefcase makes no sense what so ever. Doesn't he wear a watch anyway???

It wasn't a briefcase. It was a pencil case.

You know, things that are only slightly longer than the pencils/pens that they generally contain.

Smaller than a sheet of paper, though thicker.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm scared for the world and Americans at that.

Regardless of it looking like a bomb or not, come on, let's apply logic, is this a school or a federal building?

Also take a look at these ARDUINO PROJECTS

So anything now with wires and circuit boards are bombs?

Thing is, many of the backend of these projects look like bombs, I wonder if it has anything to do with the wires needed to send electrical signals, but by that logic, EVERYTHING WITH WIRES IS A BOMB!

/Facepalm over 9000

I think the lawsuit was little much as well as the hype over something that would of looked just like it is to anyone with some type of science and engineering background,

Maybe the moral of this story is,

Our Education system isn't.

Maybe this could serve some good, because the more people know what a breadboard is and what is possible with connecting wires other then things blowing up, maybe we can have some Evolution...
edit on 5-2-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Ahhh yes the time when big brave Americans pissed there panties in fear over a boy with a clock

Land of the free home of the brave....yeah right

Land of the paranoid, home of the slave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join