It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House nixed Holocaust statement naming Jews

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So...

When are people going to come to terms with the fact that a White Nationalist is in the WH?

Last month Marking Holocaust Remembrance Day, the White House issued a first ever...A Statement that didn't mention the Jewish people specifically as victims of the Holocaust.

Sean Spicer said the media pointing that out was just nitpicking...

Now we see that Trumps team decided to discard the prepared statement in favor of one that did not actually acknowledge the Jewish People as a target of the Holocaust.

A Nod to Holocaust deniers..

The State Department drafted its own statement last month marking International Holocaust Remembrance Day that explicitly included a mention of Jewish victims, according to people familiar with the matter, but President Donald Trump’s White House blocked its release.

The existence of the draft statement adds another dimension to the controversy around the White House’s own statement that was released on Friday and set off a furor because it excluded any mention of Jews. The White House has stood by the statement, defending it as an “inclusive” message that was not intended to marginalize Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

According to three people familiar with the process, the State Department's Office of the Special Envoy on Holocaust Issues prepared its own statement for International Holocaust Remembrance Day that, like previous statements, commemorated Jewish victims.

Instead, the White House’s own statement drew widespread criticism for overlooking the Jews' suffering, and was cheered by neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer.

www.politico.com...

From the Denier website Daily Stormer

Oh boy oh boy, lads.

This just gets better by the second. It’s like you could have a bar loading from “cucked Jew-ridden dystopia” to “white paradise,” and watch it moving in real time.

This is glorious.

President Trump is not only not mentioning Jews in his Holocaust statement, he is actively making sure they’re not mentioned.

I didn’t even ask for all of this. It’s incredible.

www.dailystormer.com...

Just a sample of the folks Trump is pandering to.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hmmm.

according to people familiar with the matter

According to three people familiar with the process

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hmmm.

according to people familiar with the matter

According to three people familiar with the process

Yeah first i thought i was reading a CNN piece. Then i saw politico and realized i was correct in thinking that.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

so he is not mentioning jews while talking about the holocaust? is this really a problem? everyone already knows about the jews.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hmmm...

Steve Bannon Builds a New Node of Power in the White House
www.thedailybeast.com...

A White Nationalist Who Hates Jews Will Be Trump's Right-Hand Man In The White House
Stephen Bannon, Head Of White Nationalist “Alt-Right” Website Breitbart News, Becomes Trump’s Senior Counselor

mediamatters.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

so he is not mentioning jews while talking about the holocaust? is this really a problem? everyone already knows about the jews.

Ya...Next up is Martin Luther King Day while not mentioning Martin Luther King...

Waiting for the vitriolic spray of the alt-right here..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Remind me again which political party boasted such anti-Semitism as ``Hymietown.``

The Democratic party!

99.9% of pro-Jewish policy comes from the GOP! I will even say that ALL anti-Semitic policy in modern times has come from the Democrat party! The Democratic party IS the party of racist, don't deny it -- they keep black people impoverished, they idolize Robert Byrd and they hate Israel!

Read the DNC emails, folks -- they even hate Latinos, they admit it in the emails. If it was the RNC talking about Latinos like they did BAH GAWD it'd be in the news cycle 24/7!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockdisjoint2
Remind me again which political party boasted such anti-Semitism as ``Hymietown.``

The Democratic party!

Never heard of "Hymietown"..

perhaps you can make an OP on it..Until then it's BS and Off Topic..Discuss the OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

well you better start mentioning Chris Kyle on Chris Kyle Day or im gonna get triggered....

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Never heard of "Hymietown"..

Jesse Jackson said it in reference to New York.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No offense Auggie..But that means nothing..unless everything anyone (R) or (D) and in between that was ever said is relevant?

It's desperate derail and off topic. folks should be men and women..not BSey boys and girls..

This is here and this is now.

Be big boys and girls and face the OP head on.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a
No offense Auggie..But that means nothing..unless everything anyone (R) or (D) and in between that was ever said is relevant?

None taken, just letting you know who and in reference to what.

And I do not lump every moronic thing that a person may say upon their respective party unless said party does not rebuke them on their own. In the case of Jackson he was called out on his epitaph.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Appreciate the informative citation and clarity.

I am interested specifically in your take away on the OP.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oh god, they talked about the holocaust without specifically mentioning the jews. How hateful... What groups were specifically mentioned?

Seriously, equality means not specifically pointing out one group over another. The people complaining about this need to accept equality instead of demanding supremacy. The jews were not the only victims of the holocaust and to demand they be specifically pointed out is disturbing at minimum.

Equality not supremacy.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Noncents because: spelling & grammar fixes

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe he didn't specifically mention the Jewish people by name as it included many more people not just Jews and he was avoiding simply making it about jews only? With the emphasis on the Jews people tend to forget many others were also massacred
edit on 3-2-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Statement by the President on International Holocaust Remembrance Day

“It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror.

“Yet, we know that in the darkest hours of humanity, light shines the brightest.‎ As we remember those who died, we are deeply grateful to those who risked their lives to save the innocent.

“In the name of the perished, I pledge to do everything in my power throughout my Presidency, and my life, to ensure that the forces of evil never again defeat the powers of good. Together, we will make love and tolerance prevalent throughout the world.”

You are aware that the Jews were not the only victims, right? I'd assume you do know that? What happened to the Jews at the hands of one of the sickest regimes in history is horrible for sure, but a message that is inclusive is not a sign of anything wrong when read without partisan hate clouding the eyes.

That is the actual statement above and I can't find anything wrong with it. It looks like an inclusive message to me that covers everyone who suffered through it or fought to stop it. What part of it do you personally disagree with? Did you read it?

The only hate I'm seeing here is partisan hatred which is sad and a statement of just how bad both sides have become as they fling poo at each other. That and more click bait aimed at haters, the preferred audience of the current media. Don't fall for it. The people behind the hate don't give a damn about we the people including you and I, they just want power and control over us.

I'm not exactly a Trump fan, nor did I care for Hillary but this kind of crap being spread by the media needs to stop IMO. It won't stop as long as people keep falling for it.
edit on 2/3/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
Oh god, they talked about the holocaust without specifically mentioning the jews. How hateful...

The Trump administration got the prepared statement they asked for to commemorate HOLOCAUST REMEBERANCE DAY..

They just decided to nix it and use a version of their own that didn't mention the ACTUAL VICTIMS of the Holocaust.

[SNIP]

Trump is a dumpster full of feces on fire..It's interesting to watch at a national scale..and I highly recommend as many minions as possible publicly support him, but this ends in a smoldering, stinking pile of ash.

I am just pointing at the stink while the fire burns.

edit on 2/3/2017 by kosmicjack because: removed ill-mannered content

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You say they didn't mention the victims?

What about:

“It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror."

Looks like mentioning the victims to me...
Seriously, how are you not seeing that?
edit on 3-2-2017 by Noncents because: Cleaned up

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The Reverend Jackson used the slur after he ran for, and failed to win, the DNC nomination for POTUS.
articles.latimes.com...

It is topical to your OP purely because it is one of many pieces of evidence showing just how phony the Democratic Party's unified love for Jewish people is vs the many pieces of evidence showing the GOP has a very strong respect for Israel and the Jewish faith. Hell, I invite you to do a simple ATS search for the word "Zionist" and not the vast majority of the posters here who have bitched and moaned about the evil Zionists are also openly liberal and oftentimes far leftist in all of their other postings.

What I'm getting at is that it is humorous for you to to present the president closest to the Jewish religion as being the head of an antisemetic administration. But by all means, go right ahead... I'm sure his Orthodox Jewish son-in-law (who is also one of his high clearance advisers), his daughter who converted to Orthodox Judaism, his 20+ year confidant and primary legal counsel Orthodox Jew Jason Greenblat, his lifelong atourney and close Orthodox Jew friend David Freidman, Steve Mnuchin, Stephan Miller, Boris Epstein, and Carl Icahn are all practicing Jews who would LOVE to hear your sleuthing about how this admin hates Jews, Inspector Columbo.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

They did not mention the Jewish People...a FIRST TIME ...INTENTIONAL omission recognized by Trumps supporters and opponents alike.

Jewish Republicans chide Trump on Holocaust statement
www.politico.com...

Jewish Republicans on Sunday castigated President Donald Trump over his decision to not mention Jews in his statement on Holocaust Remembrance Day — with one prominent group calling on the White House to “immediately rectify this painful omission.”

"The lack of a direct statement about the suffering of the Jewish people during the Holocaust was an unfortunate omission. History unambiguously shows the purpose of the Nazi's final solution was the extermination of the Jews of Europe,” said the statement. “We hope, going forward, he conveys those feelings when speaking about the Holocaust."

KNOWING NOW..That the omission was INTENTIONAL leaves no doubt about the WH's thoughts on the matter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join