It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something doesn't add up, liberals.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think a problem is the liberalism as it is today has moved far from Classic Liberalism and has become something else. I could not reconcile the seeming contradiction of supporting women's rights and at the same time supporting a islamic religious ideology that seems apposed to Western liberal ideals of free speech freedom of religion and representative government. I guess this is what has pushed me in a more Libertarian direction.
edit on 3-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, that's quite a way of looking at things you got there I must say. Not sure how you leave your house everyday thinking that so many different groups are plotting against you all the time. Must be stressful.

But as I was saying. I'm more likely to die by having a piano dropped on my head or slipping in the shower than I am by a Muslim Terrorist. So until those odds change I'll stick with banning pianos and slippery showers.

But you stick with your preemptive genocide watch or whatever it is you have planned for yourself if that's what works for you.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well, that's quite a way of looking at things you got there I must say. Not sure how you leave your house everyday thinking that so many different groups are plotting against you all the time. Must be stressful.

But as I was saying. I'm more likely to die by having a piano dropped on my head or slipping in the shower than I am by a Muslim Terrorist. So until those odds change I'll stick with banning pianos and slippery showers.

But you stick with your preemptive genocide watch or whatever it is you have planned for yourself if that's what works for you.

I'm not afraid of hardly anything, I am not afraid of viruses, bacteria, atomic war, politicians, food poisoning, or slipping in showers or Terrorists. I am very leery about pill pushing doctors and provaxers. The liberal nuts bother me more than Russia does. The far right people in this country make me shake my head with some of the stuff they say too.

It isn't genocide if a group targets everyone to cause their death. it is only when you target one genetic group that a government or group can be charged with that.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Well if none of those things scare you then you have nothing to fear from the left. Whoever that is. I think you'll be just fine.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Just so you know, that it is thought that as few as one hundred and six thousand Muslim people are actually militant or radical. Globally, that is a tiny figure indeed. However, that data does not really tell us much about the locations of militant Muslims. For that, we have to examine the areas in which there is the most related militancy, and the obvious location to concentrate on, would be the Middle East.

It is without any doubt what so ever, that I suggest that the vast, overwhelming majority of radical militants and their supporters, are in fact in the regions which are currently at some sort of war, or obviously held by IS and other organisations of that sort. The reason I suggest such a thing, is that it would be more than difficult for IS and its various affiliates, not to mention rival groups, to hold whatever territory they possess, if a significant number of those one hundred and six thousand people, is running off to do dark deeds elsewhere in the world, rather than supporting the effort to take and hold territory.

Therefore, it seems reasonable to suggest also, that we are not looking out for even a few thousand individuals, hiding amongst refugees attempting to gain asylum, or posing as tourists, but far, FAR less than that. So, no one in Europe, or America, or any other nation needs to be worried about a mass invasion of militant loonies, because they have not enough man power to hold most of the territory they are in, despite those locations containing their strongest concentrations of troops and loyal followers. There are determined, terrifying people in Europe and America, who were born there, and there are always going to be FAR more of them, than there are militant Muslims outside of the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
As with all things, real numbers can be deceiving when one cohort is making disproportionately more noise than the others. A tiny minority of Catholic priests are pedophiles. But because of the media coverage, it seemed at the time, that the problem was much, much more widespread than it is. I'm a small-plane pilot. Most people I talk to think that small planes fall out of the sky all the time. The media covers just about every small-plane incident all over the country and puts it on the evening news. The fact is, there are roughly 16 fatal small-plane fatalities for every million flight hours. That's tiny. But it certainly doesn't SEEM so.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Well if none of those things scare you then you have nothing to fear from the left. Whoever that is. I think you'll be just fine.

I may have to go get a concealed weapons permit in case I go somewhere and these troublemakers try to throw bricks at the wife and I.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've never seen people so divided as they have been the last year.

This whole left right paradigm is a crock, and is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.

We contributed to the power vacuums and subsequent instability in parts of the ME, we funded Rebels in more than one area, and then sit around wondering why America is hated by people from or near these areas. Such a mystery.

Then, as if we hadn't already done enough, we ban people legally allowed to be here, who have already been through the ringer trying to relocate, work, or go to school. We banned people coming here for lifesaving surgery. The ban has made it so some cannot leave to visit family, because they cannot come back home. We are detaining children in airports.

Then we have Kellyanne Conway making up massacres to defend the ban (but the news is fake).

We have the twitler in chief throwing tantrums and firing people for merely disagreeing with his policy, while also ignoring court orders, you know, those pesky checks and balances that are meant to protect the people.

We have Bannon using the shooting of the mosque in Quebec, which was carried out by a white right wing extremist trump lover, as a defense for banning "travel" (but relax its not a ban).

We have trump cozying up to Putin, threatening Mexico, pissing off Austraila, not to mention the increased rage against us for the travel ban, which only solidified their stance against us, and made the possibility of stabilizing these areas, slim to none, while also lessening the safety of the boots on the ground in these areas, for American soldiers, and soldiers from countries that are our allies. Speaking of allies, we won't have many left at the rate we are going, as we've even managed to piss off Australia, two weeks into the trump administration.

Staunch trump supporters still defend the administration, even with all of the above.

But the liberal snowflakes are the crazy ones.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Oh, and by the way, the opposite of 'liberal' is 'fascist', so you probably want to be careful throwing 'liberal' around as an insult if you don't want people to conclude that you're a fascist.

So I won't be the opposite, seems like you think Liberals are extremist. According to you a conservative is not on either end of the spectrum, I guess they must be even keeled in the middle.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Are you suggesting Countries in Europe have had zero problems with refugee-related crime?

I only know what the Media/Here says and such and it seems to have created HUGE issues.

Not to mention - 100,000 militant people is not huge, but how many supporters do they each have, or are they only exclusive to themselves, and it's including everyone?

f that many soldiers exist, and each have families, do we know their families do not support them?

If their families did support them, how far in the family tree could we go? Distant cousins, or just in the household?

Many Muslim people have come out and said " You should be worried, the amount of support radicals receive is higher than you think " - I'm wondering if you think this is propaganda, false, or what?

All honest questions for the record, I don't pretend to be 100% well-educated on the topic.

That also doesn't examine other factors - Like, is ISIS that big, or is that how many people follow Sharia law and want to spread it ?

Is that the count of people who are anti-christian, etc..?

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I am not suggesting that European nations have not had trouble with immigrant related crime, not in the least. What I am saying, is that the overwhelming majority of immigrants who commit crimes, are committing criminal acts for the same reasons as other people, from everywhere else, commit them. Their crimes are largely the same as those committed in the host nations concerned, every day, by citizens of the host nations themselves.

And when I say that there are just over one hundred thousand actually militant or radical Muslims IN THE WORLD, I am talking about the number of people who either actively engage with terrorism related offences, OR support those who do. Militant covers the actual troop count, radical covers those who share the same ideology. The total comprises both.

As for Muslim people apparently saying that we should all be concerned about the amount of support that radical groups get, yes, we should. We should worry about those things, and we should, as a result, be worried that we citizens of the world, do not do enough to ensure that our governments are not funding, equipping, or aiding terrorists in any way, at any stage, through any means either overt or covert, through any agency, or any intermediary nation. That is the kind of support everyone needs to worry about. Without the material and financial support they get from other nations than the ones in which they operate, they would not have a hope in hell of achieving a damned thing.

As for Sharia... Muslims know that they are supposed to obey the law of the land they are in. It is actually a fundamental part of their philosophy as far as I understand it. The Sharia law issue has been bought about, bought to folks attention, because those with the fewest numbers behind them, seem to have been making the loudest noise. In fact, its really only been no fly list dwelling radicals, and far right loonies who seem to have been pushing that concept out into the public awareness between them.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That makes sense.

It's too bad the USA has funded and equipped these types of extremist groups many times, and helped their cause grow, and spread.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Its too bad also, that their overt military moves have caused so many civilian casualties in the regions affected, because that too drives recruitment for these groups, more readily than any ideologue could ever hope to, no matter how great an orator.

Its an absolutely disgusting situation. What seems worse to me, is that there are those in power now, who see no reason to take responsibility for these repeated, decades long foreign policy failures, preferring instead to either refuse to accept that their nation was at any fault at all, or even worse again, accept that their nation was to blame, but simply refuse to deal fairly with those displaced by the carnage that they paid for.

Its lunacy. To torture an entire region for decades, then treat those who escape the murderous hell hole ones policy creates like a disease which must be held at bay, is frankly as barbaric as the situation they are escaping in the first place. Its an inhuman way to treat a group of human beings. I expect this sort of thing from nations for which I have far less respect.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join