It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something doesn't add up, liberals.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: ScepticScot

What does this say, though?

We have been careful for quite some time who we let into the nation, air port checks, profiling and the like. Take that all away, and would terrorist related deaths sky rocket or do statistics say no?

We are terrible at the whole gun thing, though. I'm very pro second amendment but having cities where guns are banned and gangs have automatic weapons... It's a joke.

Who was suggesting taking it all away.

Perhaps there is a middle ground between branding entire populations terrorists and waiving through the guy with the ak47 and suicide vest at the terminal.

The controls that were already in place seem to have reduced terrorism within the US to a statistical blip in comparison to gun deaths.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Check out this lady's article:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A very reasoned approach.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: ScepticScot

Does that assume no terror act is committed with a gun?

Actually I would assume a lot of acts of terror are committed with guns.

A simple comparison of deaths by terrorism versus gun deaths in the US. The gun deaths by terrorism can be excluded from the gun death total if you wish, doesn't really change the ratio.

62% of deaths by guns each year are from suicide and the majority of the rest is black on black crime. This doesn't account for the number of deaths from cops executing deadly force either. Gun violence with a legally owned gun is actually not very common. Especially considering guns outnumber the population and a lot of guns aren't even accounted for since they're illegal coming across the borders.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope
So glad you have "Liberals" all figured out, you folks are amazing.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Liberals would have us believe that .000000001% of muslims are extremist.

If this is the case, how are their regions too dangerous to live in? It'd be effectively thousands of people against one terrorist.

There's one of two answers, it seems.

Either we have to admit that the muslim extremist problem is much bigger than liberals would have us believe, and it is an extreme problem and muslims can and should be labled as a dangerous group.
Or
The refugee problem is an issue of people not standing up for their own country, when rocks and sticks would effectively work if the extremist population is as close to zero as liberals would have us believe.

Difficult to respond when you didn't mention the regions that 'are too dangerous to live in'.

Which regions would those be?

Let's play a game:

List regions too dangerous to live in that haven't been destabilized for monetary gain that contain a large population of Muslims.

Let's use the US as an example:

In 2015, there was an estimated 3.3 million Muslims in the United States: www.pewresearch.org...

Of those 3.3 million, this study found that only 46 where LINKED (like attempting to join ISIS)to extremism at home OR abroad.

Of that 46, only 24 have been implicated in actual concrete terrorism.

So it actually looks like 0.00072727272727273% of Muslims in America may be extremist.

For Americans, there is a greater chance you will be struck by lightning TWICE in your lifetime vs being killed by an extremist Muslim.

Why is everyone so goddamned scared?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Don't give us the false accolade of calling us amazing. Figuring out the modern liberal really isn't difficult.

a reply to: ugmold

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Don't give us the false accolade of calling us amazing. Figuring out the modern liberal really isn't difficult.

Scary thought, and one that seems to be gaining traction. I guess you proved my point.
edit on 3-2-2017 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The problem is their nation has been attacked for no reason.Funny how you right wingers always leave out what leads to the terrorist attack. Don't want problems with terrorist then leave their nation alone. But no worries we have a terrorist in office that wants to kill families so expect the terrorist problem to get worse.

So the Syrians will have a issue with the US due to Russian bombings? [That is sarcasm since I know you will take it literally] Or is it a problem with the warring sects of Islam and the countries that support one side or the other? If people actually understood the balance of power in the ME and realized they hate each other only a little less than they hate non-muslims. Like Syria is ruled by a minority sect that plays the others against each other and in typical liberal fashion shouldn't the minority be protected from the majority? Lack of comprehension of the religious nature of countries in the ME makes most of what people say here in the west about it moot. The projection of western thought into any analysis of the ME makes it a doomed undertaking. Everyone seems to have a opinion about how to deal with the Islam issue [and yes it is a issue w/Islam] but they try and put their world-view into the discussion. It seems since the 70's the modernization of Muslims countries hit a snag, look at Iran and Afghanistan. Both countries were pretty much modern up until religious extremists brought them back to the middle ages.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Most Middle-Eastern countries were perfectly safe not so many years ago. Syria had a huge tourist sector, likewise Egypt, Tunisia. Turkey.

Heck, Iraq used to be a safe enough country too. (Unless you were a political opponent to Saddam.)

But then along came Dubya and Blair and created a vast political vacuum in Iraq into which radical islamic terrorism grew.

Oh, and by the way, the opposite of 'liberal' is 'fascist', so you probably want to be careful throwing 'liberal' around as an insult if you don't want people to conclude that you're a fascist.

Funny how liberals are their own opposite. Could be why they are so dysfunctional.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Are you saying 24 people are making these regions unstable?

Why are there refugees?

Usually it implies terrible things are happening.

Usually terrible things = A large enough force to impact a large population is supported, funded, has an amount of people, is big enough, etc, to cause such events.

How many people are the "evil ones" from these other countries? If it's next to none - People need to stand up, and I believe in giving them aid in doing so.

If it's a fairly large amount... We do need to be worried.
edit on 3-2-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara

Thanks for that. Seems like she has some common sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara

Quoting post as well. This SHOULD be read by everyone here.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Scary thought, and one that seems to be gaining traction. I guess you proved my point.

Sure, you can interpret my reply that way if it makes you feel right.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Once I become more likely to die from a Muslim extremist than having a piano dropped on my head I'll start worrying about them.

Until then, I'm banning Pianos.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I have no fear of the people from ME countries. They die when you shoot them, same as people from anywhere else. But the job market here is soft enough already, and they would likely require some sort of financial support when they arrive, not to mention medical care, education, etc. I, for one, am absolutely against having one thin dime of my taxes spent on anyone who will likely work to degrade the institutions I hold dear once they are allowed to plop their less-than-grateful hide inside the borders of my homeland! They should stay where they are and fix their own country!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I have no fear of the people from ME countries. They die when you shoot them, same as people from anywhere else. But the job market here is soft enough already, and they would likely require some sort of financial support when they arrive, not to mention medical care, education, etc. I, for one, am absolutely against having one thin dime of my taxes spent on anyone who will likely work to degrade the institutions I hold dear once they are allowed to plop their less-than-grateful hide inside the borders of my homeland! They should stay where they are and fix their own country!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Should bring back the military dogs first.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
ALL things being EQUAL.

We should treat Muslim violence like we treat gun violence.

Liberals heads explode.

Unfortunately they aren't equal. Gun violence is mostly just random acts of violence, no overarching political agenda behind them. Islamist violence however has a clear agenda, and if it could, would eradicate the vast majority of the world. That's why it can't be treated the same way as simple gun violence. Islam can't kill us all yet, but at some point they will get nukes or other WMDs, and millions may be killed.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: rickymouse

Once I become more likely to die from a Muslim extremist than having a piano dropped on my head I'll start worrying about them.

Until then, I'm banning Pianos.

The radical liberals have always been out there, yet we never heard much about them and they usually just did harmless protests. But when the numbers rose higher, they started to shout and spread a bunch of bull crap because their beliefs were reinforced by more of their kind. Now we come to a time of civil unrest because they are stirring things up and misinterpreting things to match their desires and beliefs.

If we are not careful the number of these extremists will go up here and their bravery will increase with numbers in their groups. That will not be long from now if we do not check these immigrants and also relatives of some of the muslims here that come and visit. I am saying we must try harder to check these people out using all means at our disposal.

A radicalized Muslim does not only kill people, they come here to cause chaos to try to distabalize our country. They rile people up. Boy, some people can't see things that are right in front of their face. They also use social media to accomplish this, they are not all computer illiterate, many are very good at using their computers. Some Americans are so naive. They think only European countries can hack and troll and shill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join