It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something doesn't add up, liberals.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Double post.

edit on 3-2-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

The refugee problem is an issue of people not standing up for their own country

The problem is their nation has been attacked for no reason.Funny how you right wingers always leave out what leads to the terrorist attack. Don't want problems with terrorist then leave their nation alone. But no worries we have a terrorist in office that wants to kill families so expect the terrorist problem to get worse.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I'm more a libertarian really, and I do wish we'd stay out of other countries business altogether.

No wars waged.
No refugees accepted.

Legal immigration open to all groups of people without discrimination, but very cautious of anyone - from someone from Mexico, to France, to Iraq - just allow them in after everything checks out.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They would hate this! Only a fraction of a percent of gun owners are violent with their guns, yet we want more and more regulations, bans from certain areas and buildings, some even want general bans?

Either the small fraction is something to worry about or it's not, you tell me.

link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Here it is.

edit on 3-2-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The refugee problem is an issue of people not standing up for their own country

The problem is their nation has been attacked for no reason.Funny how you right wingers always leave out what leads to the terrorist attack. Don't want problems with terrorist then leave their nation alone. But no worries we have a terrorist in office that wants to kill families so expect the terrorist problem to get worse.

A 'right' winger hasn't been in charge for the last eight years.

I wonder why the LEFT wingers leave that part out.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

They would hate this!

Of course they would.

No one seriously advocates for it.

The closest thing that came to it was a temporary halt to sort out the visa process from known states that are royally screwed up, by a bunch of 'right wing neocons,clinging to their guns and religion'.
edit on 3-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Compare the number of people killed by terrorism in the US to the number killed by guns.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

There is TONS of research on this. Liberals don't like it, so they pretend it doesn't exist.
www.people-press.org...
60% of U.S. Muslims are concerned, but liberals think you shouldn't be. Only 81% think suicide bombing is never justified. Seriously. They think of themselves as Muslim first, before as Americans. these are all facts. I'm not against Muslims living in the United States, or even accepting refugees... but to accept them with zero vetting process from highly volatile regions is absolutely stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I live in California. Libtards capital of the planet. What is it you are trying to say? It's very difficult to get a concealed carry permit, and now you have to get a background check to buy a box of shells.

The gangsters carry, all the time, illegal guns. A tweeker across the street has a fully automatic machine gun. I can't though.
You have to be careful not to upset someone in traffic here. They will shoot you, and you are not allowed to carry a gun and shoot back.
The liberal California government lives in fairytale land, and so does anyone else that supports this nonsense

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Does that assume no terror act is committed with a gun?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Of course, conversely, can a conservative admit that a one percent problem is a big enough problem to regulate and restrict something more? It applies to gun owners - so I think honestly both sides have to take a long look at their stance and wonder if they're wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It's remarkable what a small group of well-armed individuals can do to a society. I look at groups like ISIS and the Taliban and all I see is organized crime with religion as a lever. In America we've seen Mafias infiltrate every level of government through fear, manipulation, and bribery, and that's what these terror groups are doing as well. That infiltration means that these groups have a network of informants (usually also bribed or threatened) that makes it difficult to form any organized resistance, since people decrying extremism oftentimes end up with their entire families killed.

It's pretty difficult to get rid of a well entrenched organized crime ring, even more so when the crime ring claims to glean its authority from your holy book.

And it seems a little ironic to say "well, why haven't they just stood up to them?" when we're so scared of them, we're debating on closing off our country to anyone who reads the same book they do.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Slanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Does America live under Sharia law? No? Is it possible for America to be ruled under Sharia law? No?

Then Islam isn't a danger. The danger is in theocracies. Governments based on religion. That's why those countries you speak of are the way they are. The same would happen to America if Christianity became our government and the old testament was law.

Helping people escape from those situations and make a new life here isn't the wrong thing to do. Blocking them from coming here because of your own fear, is.

I agree helping people in need is in fact a good thing. But there's a difference between being scared, cautious or just simply wanting security.. I highly doubt Trump is "scared".. fear is the narrative from the left..

You should always help yourself first before trying to help others.. a philosophy that should make sense to anyone that knows anything about anything..

And people keep forgetting that it's a temporary ban until safer measures can be figured out... how can anyone have a problem with this?

Oh yah easy, tug on the emotional heart strings by using buzzwords like racist,blah,blah etc, show a couple of sad families, show groups of protesters with signs and wah-lah!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Does that assume no terror act is committed with a gun?

Actually I would assume a lot of acts of terror are committed with guns.

A simple comparison of deaths by terrorism versus gun deaths in the US. The gun deaths by terrorism can be excluded from the gun death total if you wish, doesn't really change the ratio.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Yes. Except that the thoughts/feeling of extremism were always there. Those countries just had people in power that didn't mess around. Oh, you forgot Obama... his "not a war" absolutely destroyed Libya and did exactly what Bush did in Iraq (contributing to the growth of ISIS along the way)... and his poor decision making opened up Syria. Oh, and modern liberalism IS fascism.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

They do say assumption of the mother of all screw ups.

Terrorists use planes,trucks,box cutters, and when they don't have wmds they make their own.

See red lines in Syria for that last one.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Are we talking world wide? Because it's the world you're inviting in.

Unless you're suggesting that we already have a handle on gun violence, so we can accept more problems from the rest of the world.

edit on 3-2-2017 by bender151 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What does this say, though?

We have been careful for quite some time who we let into the nation, air port checks, profiling and the like. Take that all away, and would terrorist related deaths sky rocket or do statistics say no?

We are terrible at the whole gun thing, though. I'm very pro second amendment but having cities where guns are banned and gangs have automatic weapons... It's a joke.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They do say assumption of the mother of all screw ups.

Terrorists use planes,trucks,box cutters, and when they don't have wmds they make their own.

See red lines in Syria for that last one.

See post I was responding to.

And was using the traditional use of terror in my reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join