It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Wildfire Aftermath! 2017 - Great Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg, Tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Incredible Wildfire Aftermath Video

Hello ATS.

This is a video of the aftermath from a recent wildfire that devastated portions of The Great Smoky Mountains in the southern United States. This Video is shot in and around the mountain town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Like the forest, the town is rebuilding, though the lives lost in the fire can never be replaced.

If you're still thinking about a vacation this year, I hope you will consider visiting this area and supporting the community as it recovers from the wildfires.

Although the event was a tragedy, the park remains beautiful and there is an opportunity to see how life responds after a potentially catastrophic event.

I am not the best film-maker and I don't have the best equipment, but I wanted to share this with you. In my opinion, the wildfire was criminally under-covered in the national and even in the regional media.

The wildfire itself was a result of arson, kids started the fire.

Please watch on youtube if the embedded video does not play. Incredible Wildfire Aftermath Video

edit on 3-2-2017 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Thanks! I'm a bit out of practice on ATS. Thanks again for sorting out the embed for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Jesuus those two little bastard violent offenders killed 14 people. Tragic, in every way.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Haven't been since I was a child. Would be awesome to go this spring/summer/fall and help support the local community. Such a beautiful and convenient location compared to where we live.

Thanks for sharing.

-Alee

PS that water is beautiful.... is it warm enough to swim in during summer? Or are you even allowed? If anyone knows please respond! Thanks!
edit on 2/3/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Oh yes, you can swim in it in the summer, but not because it's warm. It never really gets above 55dF, but it feels awesome when it's 90+ outside.

There are several great places to swim in the park. One of the favorites is a place called "The Y". It's a place in Townsend, where 2 rivers meet. There is a grassy area, the water is calm and has shallow and relatively deep areas. There are also several other places to swim in the area, all within a few minutes of each other. If you visit, definitely check out Townsend, it's only about 15 minutes from Gatlinburg and the drive through the mountain is great.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

the fire came close to dollywood...dolly parton raised money and donated to every family effected by this fire

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes, she did. It was a good thing to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Awesome video
Those kids should be forced to work in the affected communities and become frontline fire fighters. Show them the damage they have done and help repay the community, very sad all round though.

Being from Australia, the danger and damage done by fires is very real. However I am always amazed at how quickly nature bounces back!

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here is more of the wildfire aftermath.

This one includes several of the homes that were destroyed. There were many more destroyed, but a lot of construction is going on and I didn't want to get in the way.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here is a report detailing the suspects, the # dead, acres burned, and structures destroyed. It really is a lot worse than many think.

top topics

join