It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for a very long break.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree. Ive been getting pulled into the political opinion spectrum as well. Ive gone from a twice daily visitor to ATS, to about once a week nowadays. I cant even watch TV. Everything is too political. People praising or condemning a political party, along with their followers. There's no more "agree to disagree" in this country. It's now, "I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE STUPID FOR THINKING ANYTHING ELSE!!!"
It appears that we're becoming more divided daily, as well as more selfish, and definitely more ignorant.(this includes myself) If i had a solution to offer I would. Until then I will shy away and contemplate what I can do daily to make the world a better place.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's a fair point.

But if one really wants to stay out of the political threads, it's still possible, and there's still a whole lot of good content out there.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Although I'm apart of the problem, having just recently signed up (but also lurked since around 2006) and being thrown right into the fire, I look at this current situation from a different perspective.

Along with what I believe are healthy debates (most of the time), I get a unique perspective on the diverse group of people here. I get to see how people feel, how people act, how people respond, how people think and all the little nuances in between ultimately gaining a lot more knowledge and insight. For me it has very little to do with politics but rather a much deeper personal experience, because like you and many here I came for the conspiracies and all the fringe topics..

I was never really into politics until recently, and like somebody said earlier, there's beauty in madness and chaos. Also art is objective and I see this whole experience as a profound one.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's like when someone gets mad because their fav band came out with a new sound..........................................

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

yeah-but i loved The Beatles hallucinogenic new music not to mention The Bee Gees when they went disco-dirty filthy politics, not so much, at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I feel the same ..not that it will matter to anyone and really who cares what I say..... I am so sick of the political bull**** it is like rampant rabies I feel like I am living in a different type of mental zombie apocalypse.

Recent things I have given up that I once loved .... Keeping up with the news and viewing different channels and opinions: (impossible now) Watching movies in a theater: ( most actors I can't even watch anymore.. just keep your mouth shut ) Keeping in touch with friends and family on FaceBook: (all politics) Eating out: (can't even enjoy a dinner without someone having to disrupt a quite night out with political bull ) and ATS ... things change with time, but I remember spending hours reading things on ATS where my husband would have to pull me away to come to bed .... not so much now.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Ive been trying to put into words why i like coming to ATS, and you explained it perfectly!!
I will add that you get to see how people feel, act, respond, and think under the guise of anonymity. Being that here, we are just a name with a small avitar. Some people are more comfortable in this format, because they dont have to have these thoughts, opinions, etc. Projected back on their daily persona as one would by a co-worker or friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wea reply to: Brian4real

Yes exactly, under anonymity people are able to truly express how they feel and ATS right now is a giant pool of thoughts and feelings that reflect the world in so many different ways from so many different perspectives.

Quite the experience for me, it has really opened up my eyes and I've learned quite a bit about others and myself along the way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join