It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Immigration-Themed Budweiser Super Bowl Ad"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Who cares when it opened?

People who want the facts instead of your fabricated statements.

That's not true immigration policy has always been consistent right up until recently.

Well in that case you should be easily able to give us a link to the immigration policy in effect during 1839 which shows alignment with today's policy.

We wont hold our breath though since it does not exist.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Historically inaccurate George Schneider came to the US opened a brewery only to go bankrupt. His brewery was purchased by Eberhard Anheuser who owned a Bavarian brewery. His daughter later marries Adolphus Busch a brewery sales man as he takes on more responsibility in running the company the name is changed to Anheuser-Busch in 1879.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I did LINK.

Here it is again.

1790 Naturalization Act of 1790 Established the rules for naturalized citizenship, as per Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, but placed no restrictions on immigration. Citizenship was limited to white persons, with no other restriction on non-whites.

1798 Naturalization Act (officially An Act to Establish a Uniform Rule of Naturalization; ch. 54, 1 Stat. 566) Alien Friends Act (officially An Act Concerning Aliens; ch. 58, 1 Stat. 570) Alien Enemies Act (officially An Act Respecting Alien Enemies; ch. 66, 1 Stat. 577) Extended the duration of residence required for immigrants to become citizens to 14 years. Enacted June 18, 1798, with no expiration date, it was repealed in 1802. Authorized the president to deport any resident immigrant considered "dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States." It was activated June 25, 1798, with a two-year expiration date. Authorized the president to apprehend and deport resident aliens if their home countries were at war with the United States of America. Enacted July 6, 1798, and providing no sunset provision, the act remains intact today as 50 U.S.C. § 21

So there it is AGAIN.

Yeah it DOES exist.

It's existed for over 200 years.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Bluntone22

The nation was built on slavery too.
Maybe it's time to crank up the plantations again.

Women couldn't vote either...

Things change.

You're welcome --Liberal Progressives

eeeeeh, yeah right

if it were up to democrats black people would still not be celebrating a signed bill of rights since democrats tried to stop that while republicans voted 100% for it and woman would still not be voting.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I did LINK.

Good, now pay attention to what you linked:

1790 Naturalization Act of 1790 Established the rules for naturalized citizenship, as per Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution, but placed no restrictions on immigration. Citizenship was limited to white persons, with no other restriction on non-whites.

You catch the part about 'no restrictions on immigration'? Guess who was right? Not you. Again.

Augustus Busch could have come here without issue. If he survived the trip he could stay.

edit on 3-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Citizenship was limited to white persons, with no other restriction on non-whites.

Finish it.

Also remind me WHAT else when on during that same era.

Before the civil war where 'black' peopel were property, and the natives where getting slaughtered.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Finish it.

Was Augustus Busch white? Last time I looked he was.

Did you say he would have to pass through Ellis Island? Yup. Would he? Nope. Could he just come here like I said he could? Yup.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Thank you for the correction, I'll have to better educate myself.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: loam
So this is Anheuser-Busch's plan to get market share in blue states?

LOL.

Life really is stranger than fiction.

Indeed.
The beer isn't that good anyway.
I couldn't tell you the last time I bought an Anheuser-Busch product... it has been many years.

Hahaha once you get old enough for one to be able to afford better bear and for two to actually care about quality as apposed to the cheapest buzz....you never buy it again.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

LOL.

Indeed.
I couldn't tell you the last time I bought an Anheuser-Busch product... it has been many years.

Hahaha once you get old enough for one to be able to afford better bear and for two to actually care about quality as apposed to the cheapest buzz....you never buy it again.

OK...all that said...sometimes on a really, really hot day, ain't nuthin' like a Bud or a Miller to pour into your face, or over your head to absorb by osmosis, whatever. It's better than pop and nastier than water.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

LOL.

Indeed.

OK...all that said...sometimes on a really, really hot day, ain't nuthin' like a Bud or a Miller to pour into your face, or over your head to absorb by osmosis, whatever. It's better than pop and nastier than water.

I agree, it's okay beer, I don't have anything bad to say about it. If my friends offer me a bud I won't turn it down.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Taking it all full circle, I like the ad. This is not a bad time to remind folks that we are all from immigrant stock, and that the simple word 'welcome' can change lives for the better. Both the giving and receiving.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

eeeeeh, yeah right

if it were up to democrats black people would still not be celebrating a signed bill of rights since democrats tried to stop that while republicans voted 100% for it and woman would still not be voting.

Why do you people keep insisting your party is still the same as the one who stepped up during that time? You're not and haven't been that party for years. What was once a party of integrity and decency is not any more. The parties have switched sides since that time, so quit acting like the GOP is still that party.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Seems a weird move... most of the people I've seen drink Budweiser tended towards being conservative not progressive.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Regardless of how accurate this commercial is historically, the fact is all major waves of immigrants faced discrimination and hatred. The difference between now and then is that these European waves died off, so future generations assimilated just fine. Its not like Germans or Italians learned fluent English and were proud Americans right off the bat; their children were, and so forth.

Since Central and South America are the closest pieces of land next to us aside from Canada, there is continuous immigration coming from those countries, especially because a lot of these countries are poor and they seek something better. The people fresh of the plane or boat will not know English or be proud Americans, it just doesn't work that way if you are running away from a terrible life, and that's what most native people don't understand. Their children (such as myself) are born and raised here, understand what America is and how it works, and naturally assimilate. Now don't get me wrong, there will always be people that refuse to assimilate, but that has its own charm and opens a window into something different people who like different cultures can appreciate (china town, little havana, etc). Most people say the only problem they have with immigration is illegal immigration, and that is something to be concerned about without a doubt. But lets not kid ourselves, most people use that as an excuse to spew irrational hatred about a changing culture and demographic they can't accept. People don't accept change that easily.

You can throw numbers on welfare and whatever else you can Google, but the reality is its mostly native born Americans who consume these safety nets and waste tax payer money, not immigrants. If you are going to complain about job loss or how many people are on food stamps, you need to stop scapegoating and truly look at the problems we have as a country. If you are going to complain about drugs coming in from Mexico, then stop the demand coming from the U.S. Americans of all races love their drugs, and the Mexican cartels want their money. It takes two to tango.
edit on SatamSat, 04 Feb 2017 02:28:06 -0600k2017-02-04T02:28:06-06:0002am201745 by Darkchao45 because: (no reason given)

edit on SatamSat, 04 Feb 2017 02:29:25 -0600k2017-02-04T02:29:25-06:0002am201745 by Darkchao45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The nation was built on slavery too.
Maybe it's time to crank up the plantations again.

Women couldn't vote either...

Things change.

The whole world was built on slavery.
America was the first superpower to eradicate slavery.

But in Africa, our heritage, you know, our homeland whence whose loins we all
sprang, or evolved, slavery is going strong.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Some things never change.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

America was the first superpower to eradicate slavery.

No it wasn't.

www.reuters.com...

As for the advertisement - given the timing of its release and considering the current climate in the USA then I'm sure that there's some deliberate message being sent here.
Sometimes things are so obvious that people refuse to believe what they see.

As for Bud - to be honest, and this isn't just an excuse to criticise the USA, I have never drank an American beer, or Canadian for that matter, that I've liked.

Give me a good old fashioned pint of Northern Bitter or a bottle of dog or Double Maxim.
Every now and then I'll have a few Peroni but that's about the only lager I drink.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

britain did ban the trans Atlantic slave trade first, but they kept people in little better than slavery well into the 20th century. that there is a fact.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well, the advert was quite neat to be honest. A bit preachy but not as bad as I thought it would be.

As for the beer.....Why anyone drinks that rubbish is beyond me. American breweries make some of the best beer I have ever had the pleasure of drinking.

Go buy a case of Sierra Nevada Torpedo and you won't ever want this weak kneed rubbish again.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

.....but they kept people in little better than slavery well into the 20th century. that there is a fact.

And so did every other Western nation at the time, including the USA.

But that's not really the topic under discussion here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join