It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Immigration-Themed Budweiser Super Bowl Ad"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Germans came here expecting themselves and their children to assimilate.

That is BS ...

Know what people like you said a 100 years ago about the Irish??

"The mortar of assimilation...and the ONE element that wont mix!"

So you're telling me what my own ancestors and their friends said and thought?

Ideological ancestors..

Your blood ancestors would likely disown you for the spouting the same hateful BS they had to endure upon arrival.

You know, I could be a real a**hole here

Pretty sure that is your natural state...feel free to be you everywhere.

because when it comes to who I am and my family history, you don't know jack s**.

Please...do tell...You are NOT descended from immigrants? That would be a fascinating story..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Trump is an Depot

You mean despot?

No.

He took charge and people aren't used to that. Especially the touchy feely Left who do everything on emotion.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Yes, Canadian bulls**t.

I'm sorry we somehow hurt your feelings. C'mon up and have a beer. Maybe you'll feel better.
Bud?

You don't have any beer worth making the trip.

I'm sorry. Everybody knows we have lousy beer in Canada. Feel better now?
Nap time?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
so then the insinuation of the commercial is inaccurate?

or is it accurate?

or is the ego too inflamed and preventing some from seeing past the end of their nose

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
blog.beeriety.com...

Budweiser is undoubtedly one of the most iconic and well known American beers around the world.

Thanks to its countless commercials proclaiming it the “King of Beers” and “The Great American Lager” coupled with its near universal availability in the US, it’s hard to think of American beer without thinking of Budweiser. Unfortunately, Budweiser isn’t American at all, it’s Czech.

That’s right, the beer that is most synonymous with America was actually stolen from a brewery in what today is the Czech Republic.

Yeah, funny how the recipe was stolen and brought to America so be sold as American beer. I guess the commercial forgot to air that part of the story too. Fake Commercial!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Budweiser is no longer an American beer. Think about that.

Those immigrants that came from Europe are/were different. If you don't "see" it, you're blind. If you think that was an Islamaphobic response, you're doubly blind.

edit on 3-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm glad that everything turned out well for your dad and, in turn your family. But you cant just expect everyone to be like your dad; We can't just let illegal immigration continue to negatively effect our country. Something must be done about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
so then the insinuation of the commercial is inaccurate?
or is it accurate?
or is the ego too inflamed and preventing some from seeing past the end of their nose

Personally, I think that the commercial was invoking a great American tradition to suggest that we ought to be looking at our similarities, rather than the differences between us. And that's not a bad thing at all.

originally posted by: Voyaging

I'm glad that everything turned out well for your dad and, in turn your family. But you cant just expect everyone to be like your dad; We can't just let illegal immigration continue to negatively effect our country. Something must be done about it.

I cannot help but reflect also...that he was white.

edit on 3-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I just love a beer commercial with balls.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
blog.beeriety.com...

Budweiser is undoubtedly one of the most iconic and well known American beers around the world.

Thanks to its countless commercials proclaiming it the “King of Beers” and “The Great American Lager” coupled with its near universal availability in the US, it’s hard to think of American beer without thinking of Budweiser. Unfortunately, Budweiser isn’t American at all, it’s Czech.

That’s right, the beer that is most synonymous with America was actually stolen from a brewery in what today is the Czech Republic.

Yeah, funny how the recipe was stolen and brought to America so be sold as American beer. I guess the commercial forgot to air that part of the story too. Fake Commercial!

It doesn't really matter. Beer chemistry wasn't well understood until Pasteur. There was little consistency in the product across brewers. Yes, there was a specific recipe across those same brewers with slight differences in hopping, etc., but beer goes back millennia.

The Germans and the Trappists and everyone else "stole" it from the Sumerians and the Egyptians, et al.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Right because nothing says American like spending millions on 30 second television ads to get Americans to line the pockets of a foreign owned beer maker.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sorry, this is hilarious but pathetic at the same time

Budweiser trying so hard to remind us how America was born (do not mention the Native American's) and the poor guy in the boat is coming all the way from Germany of all places.......WOW
Nothing like slapping a person after you kick them in the crotch.

The king of beers and sarcasm

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Fake ad

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Right because nothing says American like spending millions on 30 second television ads to get Americans to line the pockets of a foreign owned beer maker.

I am just happy to see people standing up...

On a sidenote Neo...when will you stand up?

(CNN) — It may soon be legal to run over protesters with your car in North Dakota. But only if you do it accidentally.

Lawmakers in that state are set to vote Friday on a bill that would legalize accidentally running over protesters in the road, one of several new measures across the country that aim to discourage disruptive protests.

Kempenich said he was spurred to act after Dakota Access Pipeline protesters last year moved to block public roadways

www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

first, it was Adolphus who came to america, augustus was his son

second,he came here with three other of his 21 siblings and had to make his own way at the age of 18 in 1857.

thrid, he worked as a clerk in a some sort of business called a commission house and in a brewery whole sale company, he didn't receive any money from his fathers estate until 1861, while he was in the union army during the civil war, then after just six months he went home to st louis and married anheuser daughter, and bought out anheuser partner. later he bought out anheuser. he then changed the recipe, changed the name, and Anheuser-Busch was born.

ETA: it appears that they are making a series of commercials based on the history of Adolphus life. not sure but that's what it looks like. it also appears they are using creative license in telling the story.

AN AMBITIOUS LEGACY

edit on 3-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: should note that some say he became president of the company when his father inlaw died, you'll find several different stories,as to how he took over but the summary i gave is most common one.
edit on 3-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I am just happy to see people standing up...

Hows that ?

Watch the ad ?

If anything it was a pro legal immigration ad.

Because A/B would have came through Ellis island.

Compared to what the open borders crowd is advocating for.

ILLEGAL immigration.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That is what I was thinking too, a company that is not longer American wants to dictate politics in America.

I see the message loud and clear,

Americans is not you the ones that dictate your politics but us foreigners

What a joke.

Time to boycott them their beer stinks.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Because A/B would have came through Ellis island.

Ellis Island opened in 1892, he would not have come through there nor was the immigration policy similar, you could pretty much come if you could survive the journey.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Who cares when it opened?

The Fact is it existed in the first place.

This country decided for a very long time who comes, and who doesn't.

That's not true immigration policy has always been consistent right up until recently.

Meaning the last 30 years. Where apparently brown people from South of the Rio Grande are the only immigrants that matter anymore.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join