It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kellyanne Conway Invents Alternative-Fact Massacre To Justify Policy.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I guess the term "Fake News" is now the strawman for when someone gets caught blatantly lying

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: diggindirt
That would be fine if we lived in a Utopia with the unicorns vomiting rainbows. But we're in the real world and have taken steps to be sure that our nation doesn't descend into a battlefield, much as some Progressives and Authoritarians seem to be trying to create just that situation.

Really? In the last 4 years we've had 3 separate instances where armed militia groups nearly started shooting at the feds. One of these days a powder keg is going to turn into the next Waco and at that point all bets are off.

My goodness, we nearly had somebody shooting at the feds! Did you even read what you typed? It wasn't a militia group shooting at the cops in Dallas. It isn't militia groups shooting at cops in NY. Or at the Christmas party in California or the night club in Florida.
Waco didn't turn the nation into a civil war but it did wake a lot of folks up to just how far the feds will go if left unrestrained.
If you are speaking of the Oregon standoff---please remember that the only bullets that flew in that incident came from the end of the Feds or State Police weapons. No militia member fired a single round. Who showed lack of restraint? It wasn't the citizens. They were peaceful. Even though they had weapons at hand, even though they were being fired upon for no good reason---they did not respond with violence. No building were burned, no windows broken, not even a trash can was set on fire.
So talking about militia "nearly" starting shooting is a bit of hyperbole, eh? If you're determined to be afraid of US citizens, you'd better look to the groups that actually DO shoot at people, break windows and burn property.

Back to topic---There was a massacre. Four US troops were blown up by IEDs and the fingerprints of one of the jailed terrorists was on the IED. But I suppose it wasn't a massacre if it didn't happen in the US.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have nothing of substance to add to this discussion, but this made me laugh.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

lol so true! Debates are for facts. She's a rhetorician master, a mistress of propaganda, the dominatrix of propaganda.

She is in the Steve Bannon wing of the extremist fringe in control of the New Republican Party and all three branches of govt. The other wing is lead by Paul Ryan. Bannon gives Trump ideas, Trump carries them out, and Conway arrives on scene shortly afterward with smoke and mirrors. It's her job; IMO she won't say no, unless she reaches a personal breaking point (maybe physical more than mental in her case) working with a narcissistic sociopath. I think that as long as Bannon remains in control, Conway will be there to assist him.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
I guess the term "Fake News" is now the strawman for when someone gets caught blatantly lying

I'd surmise that the term "Fake News" is a cognitively dissonant defensive reaction for when one is confronted with actual...facts.
edit on 5-2-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Hilarious! I wish it were real. I went to Philadelphia to run up the steps and have my picture taken with the Rocky statue. If I were on the road and this was in Kentucky, I definitely would go there.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Rumor has it those two are at odds with each other.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I picture the Oval Office as the island in Lord of The Flies. Trump, Bannon, Conway, Priebus etal all ended up on the island and are now fighting it out.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

lol so true! Debates are for facts. She's a rhetorician master, a mistress of propaganda, the dominatrix of propaganda.

She is in the Steve Bannon wing of the extremist fringe in control of the New Republican Party and all three branches of govt. The other wing is lead by Paul Ryan. Bannon gives Trump ideas, Trump carries them out, and Conway arrives on scene shortly afterward with smoke and mirrors. It's her job; IMO she won't say no, unless she reaches a personal breaking point (maybe physical more than mental in her case) working with a narcissistic sociopath. I think that as long as Bannon remains in control, Conway will be there to assist him.

Nothing you said can be proven true, but it oddly resembles and reads like the leftist propaganda we all know and love. You guys might need to get off social media.
edit on 6-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
olivine beat me to it.

edit on 2/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
She clearly just misspoke. The hyperbole and hysteria of some of you posters is downright scary. You're the type of people who rile up a peaceful protest into a full blown liberal riot. "Hands Up Don't Shoot" type of propaganda.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

dude. She is laughably inept. And no, we won't let her off the hook.
Today I heard Spicer say (from an earlier press briefing) that Betsy DeVos is "an educator." No. No, she is not.

And, ETA:
Kellyanne Conway's "Bowling Green Massacre" wasn't one-time slip-up, Cosmo reveals

Cosmopolitan's Kristen Mascia reported Monday that Conway brought up the "masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre" in a January 29 telephone interview. Cosmo didn't print the quote at the time.

Conway, a senior advisor to President Trump, said the same thing on "Hardball with Chris Matthews" four days later. After the interview aired, the "massacre" claim was widely derided. A handful of New Yorkers and hundreds of people in Bowling Green even held fake vigils to remember non-existent victims.
Monday's disclosure by Cosmo is likely to cause even more scrutiny of Conway's credibility.

She's a hack.

edit on 2/6/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
She clearly just misspoke. The hyperbole and hysteria of some of you posters is downright scary. You're the type of people who rile up a peaceful protest into a full blown liberal riot. "Hands Up Don't Shoot" type of propaganda.

No I'm not.

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So she misspoke 3 times..interesting. Sounds like she is just full of sh#t.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nah. Just from being a political junkie for over 4 decades.

When John McCain is deemed "liberal", one should know this country is at the reactionary end of the political diving board.... and this country is poised to dive off into shallow waters.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So the fact that two guys who killed US soldiers in Iraq with IED's were living in Bowling Green Ky, is somehow glossed over because of some miscommunication by Conway?

I dont care if they were not planning to kill people in Ky YET.
Why, how and for what purpose were they IN KY IN THE FIRST PLACE?????

If she had made a claim that some guys were caught in Ky, but they were in fact caught in France then you could be worried. The fact that two Iraqi insurgents were caught anywhere on US soil is proof positive that we cannot "verify" who these people coming into the US are and they should be refused entry. THAT is what should have you worried.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

No.
It's glossed over because Kellyanne repeatedly lied about a massacre that never occured.
Why do you enjoy being lied to?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For one tiny little outspoken female, there sure are a lot of people scared to death of her position and power. She must be doing something right! Keep up the good fight, Kellyanne! Liberal MSM is grasping at straws and we all know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join