It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit cooking done wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:3

I open with this little statement, and ill share another story.

Im part Kale and part Walloon, both sides are very isolated in the genetic department. Both share a history of a unique cultures and i was raised in a home where Roma culture had strong roots, yet my parents believed they would have no problem adjusting to the comfortable ways of society.
Well truth to the matter is " They failed ". My aunt was bit smarter, first day she was standing alone in the Kingdom of God, she entered the Church and prayed, she hasnt stopped, and she raised loving and caring children with the help she knew she needed.

But her sisters and brothers, both strong in body and spirit, took the fight as someone who never had a soul to begin with. Those who suffered wasnt them, but their children who were being raised in the kingdom of God with its rules and boundaries.
--

If you are a proper and loving human, why the f# do you want to spirit cook? Curiosity? Ive watched a few things about spirit cooking in our modern day and age, in our own society, by people who does not understand what they are actually doing.

This is how simple it is for me, if your body is connected to the spirit world, it means your physical body can balance it correctly. If you need drugs to do it, then you failed, if you need any stimuli to connect it means you probably shouldnt.
Humans are very fragile in their state of mind, i just dont like see people getting broken cause of fantasies told in the last century.

If you still want to Spirit cook, i recommend Peru.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Nope

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What is spirit cooking?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

It's when you go camping for a week and feel one with nature, external stimuli or forced is spirit cooking..

Ever seen a scared animal being drugged ? It's retarded

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: AMNicks

It's when you go camping for a week and feel one with nature, external stimuli or forced is spirit cooking..

Ever seen a scared animal being drugged ? It's retarded

This explanation only raises more questions... but I think I'll slowly back out of this thread. Beep beep beep...

Hope you are OK, OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
not 100% sure of what i just read, but good luck with the spirit cooking, is there bacon too? i like bacon

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Beep beep beep...

Now they heard you leaving.
They are probably following you.

I disabled my backup alarm... and look at that, no one heard me leave.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

depends on what answers you are looking for, I usually look at dogs and compare them to a wolf, and wonder if the dogs even though loving and caring would survive in the wild like wolves.. Or if I starve the dog for a week without food or water, I wonder how it would behave.. I'll bet the loving caring dog, would be the same as the wolf.

Im pretty sure you were hoping for some other answers

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Spirit Cooking

First up ‘spirit cooking’ seems to be a piece of performance art, using what appears to be animal blood to write out how to connect with spirits. It also includes spreading the “blood” around a room and on top of some sort of statue. Is it “satanic” as some have said? There is no evidence that it is, but it is certainly weird (and the type of thing the National Endowment of the Arts would probably fund.) - See more at: www.conservativereview.com...

Walloon

Walloons (/wɑːˈluːnz/; French: Wallons, IPA: [walɔ̃]; Walloon: Walons) are a French-speaking people who live in Belgium, principally in Wallonia. Walloons are a distinctive ethnic community within Belgium.[3] Important historical and anthropological criteria (religion, language, traditions, folklore) bind Walloons to the French people.[4][5] More generally, the term also refers to the inhabitants of the Walloon Region. They speak regional languages such as Walloon (with Picard in the West and Lorrain in the South). Walloons are the descendants of Gallo-Romans with Germanic Frankish admixture.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
If I have this right, or understand your meaning?

You are advocating "Not" using Spirit Cooking as a way to connect to the "spiritual".

Altho after posting this;

This is how simple it is for me, if your body is connected to the spirit world, it means your physical body can balance it correctly. If you need drugs to do it, then you failed, if you need any stimuli to connect it means you probably shouldnt.
Humans are very fragile in their state of mind, i just dont like see people getting broken cause of fantasies told in the last century.

I have no clue why you'd recommend THIS?

If you still want to Spirit cook, i recommend Peru.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I believe in shaman traditions, if someone really wants to spirit cook, they will do it, its better to do it with a professional with thousands of years of experience passed through generations, not a person who is complete nutcase who will exploit the situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yes, AFAIK They have highly spiritual people cooking there.

Might as well consider. When all that's needed attained.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Peru is way too far. I recommend going to

20601 Bohemian Avenue, Monte Rio, California.

Just expect a little company when you walk through those gates or climb over a hedge.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Isnt that Invitational only?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok, so why isn't this thread in the Metaphysical section? Since you are referring to it as a spiritual endeavor and NOT performance art.

Secondly what shamanic tradition are you using as a point of reference? Telling me "You believe in Shamanic Traditions" is basically an empty sentence. The term "shamanic" is used incorrectly 99% of the time mostly covering a mix of traditions, or an off-shoot of a recognized Indigenous culture.

en.wikipedia.org...

You really need to explain why this Singular aspect of a shamanic ritual has caught your attention. Other than it's currently being misused AS performance art by some very ignorant people.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Only if you're caught

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Im still gonna stand with "Shaman traditions" and i said quote;" I believe in shaman traditions, if someone really wants to spirit cook, they will do it, its better to do it with a professional with thousands of years of experience passed through generations, not a person who is complete nutcase who will exploit the situation. "

I believe doing something with a professional is safer, the shaman tradition is at its earliest date 3000BC.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I looked it up, and spirit cooking is supposedly a form of a ritual from The Book of law. (chapter 3, 23-25)

The origins of Spirit Cooking can be found in the preludes to production of the Cake of Light material, a sacrament in the religion of Thelema which was founded by Aleister Crowley. The original ritual, not of the same name, is performed during the cooking of Cake of Light wafers that is to be consumed during a religious gathering. The ingredients of the Cake of Light include honey, oil, menstrual blood and sperm. The sacrament is meant to symbolize the union between the microcosm, Man, and the macrocosm, the Divine, which is a representation of one of the prime maxims in Hermeticism "As Above, So Below." The consumption of the Cake of Light is a fulfillment of the sacred circle of the connection between Man and the Divine. [✔] The ceremony of "spirit cooking" is the modern rendition of the 19th and 20th century rituals of the Cake of Light.[17] more

I looked at the ritual and it is as it says above in the quote..yet, I don't see a specific correlation, something that would make me say "yep, that's where it came from". Only more of a slight possibility. So, still, it could very well be just an artists interpretation of her troubled childhood. A way to express it...unless someone has some other info with regard to this practice. The only other thing that I have found is in Mayan ceremonies and voodoo rituals..which are again, just slight possibilities..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I tried to find out what Spirit cooking was an ran across this video. www.youtube.com...

Kind of comical to watch it

I don't even like the looks of blood running out of my meat on the plate, I like my meat done medium well. I soak the liver for an hour before cooking it to get the blood out and hate the smell of blood.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join