It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35s at Red Flag

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

And i wasn't talking entirely about you specifically. The Aviationist, War Is Boring, The Drive, and every other one. Every single one has claimed that kill ratio suddenly means something totally different than it did for the last 70 years, because the F-35 did well.

And every single one of them praised the F-22 in the exact same situation, without once worrying about the ROE. Every one of them is known for publishing F-35 hit pieces.

Funny how that works. The F-35 could go out in a real world situation, do better than every other aircraft ever built, and they'd still rip on it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Neither. I'm simply bringing up the point that no matter what the F-35 does, the people that hate it, especially the bloggers, will simply change the rules.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Neither. I'm simply bringing up the point that no matter what the F-35 does, the people that hate it, especially the bloggers, will simply change the rules.

Fair enough, but the Pentagon did little to discourage that viewpoint by their less than frank conduct during the development phase and after. Outright lies, the marines basically declared IOC before software was truly mature, etc Nor did they help matters by forcing all three services to accept compromises. It did not work with the F-111 and it costs untold billion here. (I think the B model really screwed things here)

The F-35 will be a fantastic air frame once its out of development. The same thing occurred with the Globemaster III development but that was before blogs, social media, and the like. (Well we had them, but not like today) and this is going to be the way forward.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The early handling of this program was atrocious, and at one point I was ready to kill it dead. Then i started reading more about it, and talking to people that knew about it, and started to slowly change my opinion on it. Instead of just relying on what bloggers said, or what bean counters said, i dug into more information.

Now, I'm a firm believer in the aircraft and what it can do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join