It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia considering freeze on ANZUS alliance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well it happened before he was president. Then when he got elected, Australia sent people to make sure Trump would still be on board, he was, he even said he was. Then he back flipped on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well it happened before he was president. Then when he got elected, Australia sent people to make sure Trump would still be on board, he was, he even said he was. Then he back flipped on it.

maybe he got a updated security report that cast a different light on those being held there. ever thought of that?.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
If a country gives us 1000+ people that they do not want (and will not allow) in their own country, are they really an ally?

How many times do I have to state that it was in exchange for people that the USA did not want and have detained in camps in Costa Rica?

The USA has the same policy and operates the same sort of camps.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: markosity1973

well that's fine, when china decides it wants a new extremely large island we'll just let them take it.
no sweat off our b__s.

Sounds like you're writing Trumps foreign policy....

I see no reason to instigate hostile negotiations with a country we have never had any reason to be hostile to, over something that trivial

Not a great way to run a country

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Very doubtful.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

well that's fine, when china decides it wants a new extremely large island we'll just let them take it.
no sweat off our b__s.

And while we are eating our dim sums and cashew chicken, we'll pull out the popcorn as China and our former backstabby friend USA go to war over the South China sea

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Your an Aussie right , so am i .

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Isn't there a word for trading people like baseball cards?

Or is it different when governments do it (same as always)?

EDIT - do you have a source for those American camps in Costa Rica (or anywhere else holding people from immigrating illegally to the US)?
edit on 3-2-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

trivial

ask yourself what is the real reason Australia doesn't want these people to come in to their country, 1300 people can't be a large a impact as say the 10,000 obama wanted to let in.

what is the real reason?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

You'd better ask the UN that. They are masters of it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

So, fake news then?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

not really he gets security reports and evaluations everyday, from a number of alphabet agencies and national security departments. not hard to believe they found something in what was going on in that group.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Australia is welcome to look out for their best interests.

I want Trump and the USA to do the same for us.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

trivial

ask yourself what is the real reason Australia doesn't want these people to come in to their country, 1300 people can't be a large a impact as say the 10,000 obama wanted to let in.

what is the real reason?

Wow, you Americans are so naive of politics outside of the USA.

I have already said several times that PM Turnbull has a stated policy that anyone who tries to arrive to Australia by boat will not be settled here.

We were being overrun during the Rudd / Gillard years with boatload after boatload of these people who were literally buying tickets from smugglers in Indonesia, just like Greece is to this very day with Syrians coming through Turkey.

So we got tough. Those people on those islands will not be let into Australia because they tried to circumvent the usual way we take refugees in - from UN camps around the world. The govt had put out communication as best as it could warning people not to come by boat before this offshore program started. Before that we were ending up with boat people everywhere. Even in bush places like Woomera.
edit on 3-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: tribal

World leaders do not insult other friendly world leaders.

It's called diplomacy. You should try it.

Maybe not on the moon. Here on Earth they do.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

ask yourself what is the real reason Australia doesn't want these people to come in to their country

The real reason is we have a policy of not letting anyone in through the back door . Now it is rare to hear on the news about a boat trying to get in . If we let these people in the floodgates open again , oh look Australia is letting illegals in again lets pack up our money and go .

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

your ignorance is outstanding.

What is ignorance is a deal that swaps refugees half way around the globe. Those being held in Costa Rica were trying to come here. Those being held in Nauru and Papua New Guinea were trying to get to Australia.

Why does it make ANY sense to swap these refugees????

It was a deal.

And what makes it a good deal for the US???

Assuming you net out the body count (btw, it's NOT an even swap), it couldn't possibly be a resource or financial one. Moreover, both countries I assume are choosing at respective expense to fly their group of 'refugees' (a debatable term) half-way around the planet.

So what's left? What makes it good?

Oh, that's right, who they actually are.

Ours come from Latin America. Australia's come from Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, and other places. (I never said anything about Syrians, though they come from there too.)

That is hardly an even swap in terms of risk.

Ignorance indeed.

Australia has had an OUTRIGHT BAN of these people going back almost a decade, keeping them in offshore prison camps with conditions so deplorable, they've been condemned by nearly everyone for it.

So don't tell me about ignorance. Maybe you should read more on the subject.

President Trump promised our country he would kill bad deals. This is a BAD deal.

Like I said. Cry me a river.
edit on 3-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow, you Americans are so naive of politics outside of the USA.

No, I think Americans finally got smart.

I have already said several times that PM Turnbull has a stated policy that anyone who tries to arrive to Australia by boat will not be settled here.

We were being overrun during the Rudd / Gillard years with boatload after boatload of these people who were literally buying tickets from smugglers in Indonesia, just like Greece is to this very day with Syrians coming through Turkey.

So we got tough. Those people on those islands will not be let into Australia because they tried to circumvent the usual way we take refugees in - from UN camps around the world. The govt had put out communication as best as it could warning people not to come by boat before this offshore program started. Before that we were ending up with boat people everywhere. Even in bush places like Woomera.

But it's wrong for us to get 'tough'?

LOL.

Incidentally, your government's rationale for the ban and the imprisonment of these immigrants offshore is to serve as a punishment and deterrent to others who might follow, for THEIR protection. The journey is so dangerous, ya know?

But how does that work if the process just becomes another gateway to the US?

Amazing.

edit on 3-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

then why complain when trump finds that it's not in our best interest to take them for what ever reason? why complain when trump gets tough and stops the same thing your government is doing? why doesn't your government send them back to their point of departure?

they came to your country not ours, we shouldn't have to take care of your burden.

edit on 3-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

see my reply to markosity1973.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join