It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking did this to me....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
but to researcher when they use the word "smoker", they mean everyone who has ever smoked more than 100 cigarettes in their lifetime.

You didn't ask what a researcher's definition was - you asked us on this thread what our definition of what a smoker was. And people have told you.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate your line of questioning.
edit on 4-2-2017 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Ever seen a lung after death from fire-smoke inhalation? Beyond this reply, I will not respond further... I will only rephrase my original suggestion.

Anyone, everyone. Go yourselves and search out images of diseased lungs. Any color, any cause....

Respectfully speaking....my qualifications in medical background, foreground and current employ... speak for themselves .

*Smokers lung-left-Non-Smoker-right
c/o AMA

Thank you for your opinion...

MS, 1st Responder
EMT/Emergency Medical Tech, Emergency Response Team
FEMA/Department of Homeland Security
I. C. S. -Incident Command
Region 2-South, Wayne County, Michigan
edit on 4-2-2017 by mysterioustranger because: credit

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

No - Have you? How did the lung get out of the body? Did you know that lungs turn grey and eventually black when exposed to air?????

Are you aware that almost 50 % of all lung transplants come from smokers and that lung tranplant recipients have longer survival rates?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

ut for one in five patients, their donors had smoked a packet a day or more for at least 20 years. Despite this, the researchers said patients' survival rate was not harmed by receiving a smoker's lung and the research should ease patients' fears about donors who had smoked. The study showed that patients who received lungs from non-smokers actually had a slightly lower one-year survival rate. The research was carried out at Harefield Hospital in north-west London.

Are you an absolute fool. Do you really believe that doctors would take a black lung dripping with tar and transplant it (fake tumors and all) to another person?

Do you really believe the lung of a dead person who died of smoke inhalation in a fire AND exposed to the air is comparable to the lungs of a person who inhales a small proporation of the smoke from the burning of 19 grams of dried leaves?????

Where did you get your training?

Stop trying to perpetuate a scam that was played on children to scare them.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I notice you put your 'credentials' at the bottom of lots of posts over the years like it gives you some authority or something.
When you can include lung surgeon or similar I may take it into account, but as a glorified first aider, no not so much.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

its a debate technique called "appeal to authority". He is presenting himself as the "authority" because he states he is an EMT (note anyone can add any credentials that they like, it doesn't mean that they are true).

This technique does not belong in a debate and certainly not in a debate where the medical community is accused of lying to support a public health campaign that brings in billions of dollars per year imposed on smokers

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Lol I just think it's lame, like putting BSc or BA after your name when it is a non work related situation.
On topic though hope the OP makes a full recovery.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I absolutely put them on my signature when addressing something or things I'm qualified in. And certainly not always.
Thank you...

Medical
Musical
Published Author
Copyrighted Songwriter
Astral Travel

MS

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This experience is getting more intense. Swelling, pain intensifying along with the sobering reality that life will never be the same again. Looking in a mirror and seeing these Frankenstein like scars and realizing that I did this to myself. Also, still waiting for the final pathology results on that mass removed. I will find out when I do my followup next week.

In the last few weeks I've reviewed my entire life. And I have a whole new list of priorities.

I'm going to live the rest of it (however long that is) like every day is a gift, and could be the last. Beginning as soon as I am able to get back out again.

There's a few things I've always wanted to do but always put it off, not anymore.

The strangest things that have happened may be because of pain meds and insomnia, but it seemed so real, I had a visit and conversation with my mother who passed away in 2014. And as expected there was an "I told you so" or three in there. I had long lost memories come back to me with unbelievable clarity and detail, I've seen and reviewed virtually everything I've done wrong and right in my life...

Life goes on, at least for a while longer. I also confess, I've been having incredibly intense cravings for a smoke, I haven't let it win yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Very glad that your growth turned out to be benign.

I had to quit smoking. I was systematically killing my legs. Every time I smoked a cig, it made my toes numb. How #in' stupid is that??? Pretty stupid. I eventually had to have angioplasty in both of the primary arteries to my legs to restore circulation.

Fight it. You brain will create all kinds of dramas to induce you to smoke: "hey, just have a puff, see if it tastes terrible!!!" See, your brain is not your MIND. Your brain wants the chemicals.

After I quit (with the help of nicorette gum), my Doc asked, "do you still crave cigarettes?" I said: "You know how you had that burnout friend in high school who was bad for you, who you always got in trouble with when you were with them, who caused you grief, but when they were gone, you missed them? That's how I feel about cigarettes." It's true.

I now have a pulse in my feet, and that's pretty much a good thing. Still, if I found out I had three months to live, I'd buy a wheelbarrow load of cigs and smoke them until I puked. It's a very strange addiction. It serves absolutely no purpose.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting. I really wanted to light up a cigarette today after having quit for 2-3 years. Glad I didn't. More power to you man for quitting, just should've done that sooner.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Post op stitches out, pathology results, no cancer. Tumor gone. No further treatment, can return to work soon. I have a new lease on LIFE!

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Congatulations! I am so happy for you! Be well

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join