It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for Left Leaners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What? What's that you say? Am I still beating my wife?

Hey Johnny.

edit on 3-2-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sure, it happened during Trumps campaign. Not one reason to not believe the same now. Still waiting on some proof.

Makes logical sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: butcherguy

How can you blame the entire left wing for the actions of individuals? The vast majority of left wingers don't even go to protests, otherwise we'd have 150 million or so people protesting every time. And out of the left wingers who do protest, the vast majority of them don't riot. Otherwise the massive Women's Rights marches would've been a violent nationwide uprising.

It's the same reason that all gun owners shouldn't be blamed for the actions of the minority of gun owners who actually commit gun-related crimes.

Not necessarily me... or just me.
Plenty of people that lean left or slightly left do not see eye to eye with the violent tendencies of these.... 'protestors'.
You need to convince them in some other way, other than beating them.

ETA: At any rate.... I did not and am not blaming the entire left side of the spectrum for the violent acts.... I am saying that it would be a responsible move for the left to take control of the situation and either stop these hoodlums or distance themselves from them by a wide margin, lest they become grouped in with them... as you thought that I did.
edit on b000000282017-02-03T08:17:33-06:0008America/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 08:17:33 -0600800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It's easy to say that. But how on Earth is that realistically possible? That's like saying that responsible gun owners should "take control of the situation" and stop the gun owners who use guns for violence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

It's easy to say that. But how on Earth is that realistically possible? That's like saying that responsible gun owners should "take control of the situation" and stop the gun owners who use guns for violence.

I am speaking politically.
Use the voice.
Say it.
Denounce them, tell the authorities to please arrest them when they pull this kind of crap. If you are at a demonstration... try taking photos of the bad guys and give them to the authorities. Do that instead of standing there and looking... or cheering them on.... or making excuses for them.
edit on b000000282017-02-03T09:36:06-06:0009America/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 09:36:06 -0600900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
In principle we should protect even the most obscene speaker. If we don't defend the rights of viewpoints we do not want to hear, the censorship will creep in to the ones we do want to hear.

The protesters believe Milo to be an extremist, white-nationalist and even a Nazi. Even though those are complete defamatory fabrications, even if he was those things he should be allowed to speak.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nobody with any sense would think that the protests were anything short of pathetic.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
In principle we should protect even the most obscene speaker. If we don't defend the rights of viewpoints we do not want to hear, the censorship will creep in to the ones we do want to hear.

The protesters believe Milo to be an extremist, white-nationalist and even a Nazi. Even though those are complete defamatory fabrications, even if he was those things he should be allowed to speak.

Agreed.

TrueBrit brought up a pretty good point earlier. If Milo believes in free speech with such fervor, why wouldn't he stand against the protesters/rioters and speak anyway. Or any speaker really, if they feel their message is that important. Understand common sense would say that it's not worth it and the words aren't hard to find. However if hey/they are truly seeking a larger audience, why not even if just once, buck the odds and address the rioters?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Agreed.

TrueBrit brought up a pretty good point earlier. If Milo believes in free speech with such fervor, why wouldn't he stand against the protesters/rioters and speak anyway. Or any speaker really, if they feel their message is that important. Understand common sense would say that it's not worth it and the words aren't hard to find. However if hey/they are truly seeking a larger audience, why not even if just once, buck the odds and address the rioters?

How can you speak amongst a violent protest?
Putting your life in danger?
I'd pass.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Vehemently opposed to the violence, and those who enable it by not standing against it being used in their name.

We have the power to stop it, all we need to do is stand against it loudly, and turn our backs on those who do it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Loudspeakers, mega-phones? If danger is what the single thing that separates us from our rights, we as a people are in big trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join