It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll for Left Leaners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
By a brief poll. Do you agree or disagree with the violence over the past few days that has broken out at the protests that have turned riotous.

There seems to be some contention on how far down the rabbit hole this theory goes.

Thanks for taking the time!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Disagree strongly.

Responding here despite supporting Trump (only sane option after Bernie's betrayal) because like i've said before I consider myself of the left, universal healthcare, welfare state for those looking for work, etc. all good stuff in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I agree with it because I think it demonstrates tolerance and unity.anyone who can`t see the tolerance unity that the riots are creating must be a Nazi, racist homophobe.

god bless America
the land that I love
stand beside her
and guide her
with the light from the fires lit by the rioters.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Disagree with it.
Violent protests are supposed to happen after your team wins the Stanley Cup, not when your political candidate gets soundly trounced for running a terrible campaign.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I don't condone it but I do understand it , it is born of frustration and fear.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How understanding would you be if it was your car that was lit on fire or your home that had its windows broken?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Just here to watch the show .
This should be a good one .

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

that`s mighty presumptuous of you to assume he owns a house or a car but on the other hand I hear that welfare pays pretty good now a days so maybe he does.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

My car is insured and can be replaced , it is just a thing.
Freedom and stability is more important and what I believe the protests are about.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree with having the right to protest.

I disagree that protests are the best way to solve political issues.

As a pacifist, I disagree with violence in general except in cases of self defense.

I agree that violence that isn't in the case of self defense should be prosecuted as a crime.

I disagree with collective punishment, meaning that only the people who commit crimes should be punished for them.

In conclusion, I think the individuals who commit non-self defense related violence (aka "crimes") should be punished for it, be it police or protestors. But I don't think that the police or protestors who didn't commit crimes should be punished for what other people did.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Ok, then how in turn does rioting promote freedom and stability?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't condone it but I do understand it , it is born of frustration and fear.

I MIGHT could understand this if there was a genuine reason for these people to get destructive , or if I actually believed the ones getting violent we're doing it for some sort of real opposition to the politics at hand

However I do not believe this, I believe the people committing these crimes are only doing it because it's an opportunity to break, destroy, and otherwise wreak havoc under a certain degree of anonymity.

They see an opportunity and are taking it, and if it causes even more riotous behavior because of it , then it's even better in their eyes.

They just want chaos, they don't care what the cause is

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It doesn't but as said in my previous post it is born of frustration and fear , not all protesters riot but some believe the plug has been pulled and they see your country spiraling down the drain , frustration can and will spill over to violence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I disagree with violence as a political statement.

I disagree when governments do it to their citizens and the citizens of other nations, and I disagree with it when citizens do it to one another.

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hey, no fair! You proclaim yourself conservative.

How do I only give half a star? Thanks for the input.

link   

originally posted by: gortex

My car is insured and can be replaced , it is just a thing.
Freedom and stability is more important and what I believe the protests are about.

Rioting and destroying in no way creates stability ...and is the anti-thesis of what the ones causing the problems actually want

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Thanks for your input ES.

Do you see any positive effect coming from the riots? Also, do you see the riots as stifling of free speech due to the speaker needing to leave due to safety concerns?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hey, no fair! You proclaim yourself conservative.

How do I only give half a star? Thanks for the input.

Lol very conservative but I felt compelled to respond to gortex, based on his caveat lol

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I could see violence as a reaction, but there was nothing to react against in these scenarios.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks Brit.

What do you think about violence as it relates to stifling free speech? Should the speaker stood strong and kept speaking regardless of the perceived threat?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join