It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Arrests Made As Protests Erupt At NYU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

I guarantee not everyone else there is "cheering it on". THAT is where the nonsense lies in this thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I guarantee not everyone else there is "cheering it on". THAT is where the nonsense lies in this thread.

Please quote where I said everyone. As with the last person you rebutted YOU are the one using the word ALL. I was very specific because I gave you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you didn't understand what was being said. I see I was wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Was anyone trying to stop it?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

Was anyone trying to stop it?

Cheering does not tend to stop something only encourages it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

" Sounds like you are advocating for a Dictatorship."

No , it Sounds More like you are Reading from a Script of " Life Isn't Fair , so I am going to Trash the World because I am Incapable of having Tolerance towards Others who have Different Opinions than Me " .

The Respect for open Political Discourse in a Free Society Demands that Both Sides abide by the Rules of Civility in Expressing their Differences while coming to a Logical Compromise that neither Harms nor Oppresses either Side . Intolerance is Never Justified , it is Only a Roadblock to Keeping the Peace .
edit on 3-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
newyork.cbslocal.com...

Multiple people were arrested when protests erupted at New York University on Thursday night.

Students gathered to demonstrate against a speech being delivered by Vice Media co-founder and conservative actor Gavin McInnes.

Second night in a row for riots. This one at NYU, resulting from the uncompleted speech coming from Rebel Radio's Gavin McInnes.

edit on Fri Feb 3 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads
Goddamn it, I literally just got told to check my privilege by my Sudanese friend for not being rabidly anti trump in regards to these protests. I even said I don't support him nor the travel restrictions. But that's not enough...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Free speech is dead.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So, anyone still think that these millennial imbecils that supposedly have a "higher education" don't throw hissy fits? Aren't the thought police? Aren't afraid of actual free speech? Know how to conduct themselves like responsible adults?

These jackasses are the supposed future of our country. You progressives think that we're doomed now that Trump is in office really need to take an objective look at what our future has in store for us.

Our collegiate system is a failure, as so are, apparently, the parents of these children.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Frankly, he (Gavin...) can say whatever he wants :

In a free society, Nazis have a greater voice. That's life. If you want to live in a world free of hate speech, go to North Korea.

as long as your speech doesnt affect my daily life in anyway shape or form, we're golden. otherwise, 'Big rig' and 'Jessee' are always clipped up.
edit on 3-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

First off, a large portion of the crowd at least at the Berkely riot was not only cheering it on, but was helping. The masked people repeatedly asked the others to block streets while they looted the banks, and not only did the rest of the crowd happily do it, but they cheered wildly while the looting was taking place.

You seem to be hung up on the fact that if some protestors were there who weren't for the violence (which undoubtedly is true) then there is no right to stop the riot. This is nonsense.

Imagine Al Sharpton was to speak at a campus. Thousands of people show up to protest, including about 100 KKK members. They start lighting things on fire, beating black people, and destroying property. Meanwhile, many in the crowd of protestors cheer this on and scream hatred at the police for trying to stop the beatings.

You are saying you are OK with this? After all, maybe a few protestors were against the violence, therefore it must be allowed to continue. And if that means that black speakers are shut down and not allowed to speak because the threat of violence, you are ok with that, right? I mean after all stopping this protest would be against the free speech of them.

Its not just the riots and beatings that are terrible, its the fact that now just the threat of violence from rioters keeps conservative speakers from being allowed on campuses. Its happened many times, and is increasing. And all of the "peaceful" protestors are more than haappy that the threat of violence keeps these people off of campus.

It is unbelievable to me that your definition of free speech includes using threats to silence others, and you think that stopping those people from using those threats is anti free speech.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Some know and don't care.

Others don't know and won't see it until they've been lined up along the wall and guns are at their head. The professional troublemakers are always the first to go after the ideological opposition is wiped out.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Obama emboldened, liberal Brown Shirts at it again.

It's about time the world speaks to these punks in a language they understand, violence.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What do they not riot about?

Revoke all sales of pacifiers because they are not working anyway.

And then they end up rioting over that. Because..

Because.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

What do they not riot about?

Revoke all sales of pacifiers because they are not working anyway.

And then they end up rioting over that. Because..

Because.

At this rate, Trump could enact every single thing they say they want and they'd riot because ... Trump.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It really is like that and is truly sad and pathetic and ridiculous to see. Where is this unity and peace they are talking about? They themselves are the great dividers.

They are a farce

They will not divide us.
They will not divide us.
They will not divide us.

They will not d-ivide us.
They will not d-i-vide us.
They will not d-i-v-ide us.
They will not d-i-v-i-de us.
They will not d-i-v-i-de us.
They will not d-i-v-i-d-e us.
They will n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
They wi-ll n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
They wi-l-l n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
Th-ey wi-l-l n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
Th-ey w-i-l-l n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
T-h-ey w-i-l-l n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
T-h-e-y w-i-l-l n-ot d-i-v-i-d-e us.
T-h-e-y w-i-l-l n-o-t d-i-v-i-d-e us.
T-h-e-y w-i-l-l n-o-t d-i-v-i-d-e U-S.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 15:22:54 -06001720172America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join