It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's closest advisor Steve Bannon suggests war with China is inevitable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Steve Bannon from March 2016:

We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years

and now that Bannon is given a role on the security council - a spot usually reserved for generals, what could possibly go wrong?!

And just to make sure it got even more atrocious, he added:

We’re clearly going into, I think, a major shooting war in the Middle East again

This from the administration that was supposed to be the peaceful alternative.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Yeah, were [snip].

That's not a war we want to be in.
edit on 3/2/2017 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anyone who wants to start war should have to send their own children to the front lines

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The Artificial Islands built by China in the South China Sea will be a Bone of Contention for the Trump Administration for Years to come Indeed . Sooner or Later the Chinese will become Bolder and try to Nationalize this Area and Prevent Free Travel by other Nations Sea Trade Routes . The U.S. Navy will be there to Insure this does not Happen , and if the Chinese resort to Military Options to keep it in their Control , a Shooting war would become a Distinct Possibility if Diplomacy Fails to Resolve it .
edit on 3-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
Anyone who wants to start war should have to send their own children to the front lines

I have always said it should be law that any politician or senior government official that votes for war should be forced to send a family member as a enlisted grunt to that war.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide

Amen!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

We are already at war in our own country! Why are you worried about China?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
War in this day in age is not inevitable.

Too much at risk.

Today, the winner becomes the loser, everyone loses.

There is only so long one can survive in a bunker. Then the rebuild starts.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

Maybe its part of a Trump plan to get rid of his deplorable s . They went, they saw...they died .

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
5-10 years is just about the right amount of time for the new amped up military.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I don`t remember that trump ever ran on the platform of the "peaceful alternative", clearly you just made that up, now that we know you`re a liar we can take the rest of your post as something that is being presented by a liar.

10 years? that`s like at least 2 years after trump is no longer president even if he gets elected twice, if he only goes for 4 years that's 6 years after he is no longer president. what could trump possibly do in 4 years as president that would cause a war with china 6 years later?

being afraid of things that might happen 10 years from now is considered irrational fears and is also considered a mental disease called paranoia.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why so much China-vs-USA war drum beating this month?

Nov-Dec 2016, it was USA-vs-Russia

Which country will be the "hot" fear topic in March? Iran? North Korea?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
www.theguardian.com...

Steve Bannon from March 2016:

We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years

and now that Bannon is given a role on the security council - a spot usually reserved for generals, what could possibly go wrong?!

And just to make sure it got even more atrocious, he added:

We’re clearly going into, I think, a major shooting war in the Middle East again

This from the administration that was supposed to be the peaceful alternative.

The South China sea is surrounded by many nations we count as allies, and China has been eroding their coastal sovereignty for many years now.
This doesn't mean a direct war with China, but it may mean we are called upon to support our allies.

As far as a shooting war in the ME, I think due to past efforts in the area by past administrations, this will likely be inevitable. Unfortunately.
edit on 3-2-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: words

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
well if u look at the long game hes not wrong. either china is going to run out of land and move into russia to feed its people or they will look to other sources to find the land needed to grow their food and feed that massive population thats expanding at an alarming rate. so its not too far out there to think that one day war will come. atleast we can rule out the use of nukes cause they cant destroy the land and use it to feed their people. the south china sea is just a springboard for those ops. so we either let them have it at which point china will progress and most likely impart suffering on many other countries, or someone steps in. either choice imo is terrifying but i dont think its avoidable either. were reaching a head population wise on what we can support and eventually the growth will outpace our ability to match the needs of the worlds population of which china is the biggest player.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

I don`t remember that trump ever ran on the platform of the "peaceful alternative", clearly you just made that up, now that we know you`re a liar we can take the rest of your post as something that is being presented by a liar.

10 years? that`s like at least 2 years after trump is no longer president even if he gets elected twice, if he only goes for 4 years that's 6 years after he is no longer president. what could trump possibly do in 4 years as president that would cause a war with china 6 years later?

being afraid of things that might happen 10 years from now is considered irrational fears and is also considered a mental disease called paranoia.

trump did campaign on the premise of ending alot of the wars overseas and spending that money on america and its infrastructure. whether or not that holds true once u reach the oval office is another matter. just like every president before him, once informed of the info they arent capable of obtaining prior to an election, views change so who knows.
edit on 3-2-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

We are already at war in our own country! Why are you worried about China?

If we actually go to war with China I'll be sure to remind you that you thought some hoods rioting and over the top op-ed pieces were worse than tens of thousands (or more) dead.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hmm. So all I knew about him is he worked at Breitbart News and he's behind some alt-right theories. So I googled:
en.wikipedia.org - Steve Bannon...

Turns out he actually has a history.

1976 - A BS in urban planning from Virginia Tech.
???? - A Masters in National Security Studies from Georgetown University School of Foreign Service.
1985 - A Masters in Business Administration (with honors) from Harvard Business School
1976-1983 - United States Navy on destroyer USS Paul F. Foster as Surface Warfare Officer and stateside as special assistant to the Chief of Naval Operations at the Pentagon

After his military service, he's done investment banking (for Goldman Sachs), started a bank with some colleagues, was the acting director for Biosphere 2 (until 1995), an executive producer for 18 films, involved in the financing and producing of many films, CEO between 2007-2011 for Affinity Media, executive chair and cofounder of the Government Accountability Institute (until 2016), hosted a radio show named Breitbart News Daily, was a founding member of of the board of Breitbart News and executive chair of Breitbart News LLC, lastly was the chief executive of Trump's campaign starting august 2016. And now he'll join the NSC's principals committee.

Ok so it looks like his life went from heavy schooling and military service, to banking (and business in general), to movie making and finally politics. So it's like all his life was a prelude to becoming part of a political movement.

The question is would it be better to keep the NSC more independent? Instead of putting someone who's worked closely with Trump on it?
edit on 2/3/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Bannon's favourite book is "The Fourth Turning" written by William Strauss and Neil Howe. They believe in a cyclical and generational view of American history. Each cycle or Generational period ends in disaster.

He is firm supporter of the Strauss–Howe Generational Theory.

The guy is courting disaster because he thinks it's a good thing. He's looking for a fight. A big one. Given his unprecedented permanent appointment to the National Security Council, he is in a unique place to make his own prophecies come true.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Leonidas because: I cant spell

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
To be fair, the US already had an 'instigating' position with China before the Trump administration. Remember when US war ships approached close to those islands or Chinese war ships just to make a point?

Maybe they are just playing along with the Deep State Military Industrial complex.

----

I agree that this guy may not be qualified for his role. The guy (Bannon) comes from a financial background. He worked for Goldman Sachs and then later got into financing Hollywood productions. Not sure how that makes him qualified for his role.
edit on 3-2-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

On the question of Bannon it seems to me he's there purely because he's an ideologue. The NeoCons were ideologues as well, but they believed in democratic revolution in the Middle East. Bannon seems more like he's driven by nationalism. And if he truly believes what he said and he has the ear of the President and the reins of power...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join