It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Y. Starts Scholarship Exclusively for White Men

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Add in continued success (GPA) and we're on the same page.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He is an editor at Breitbart. I couldn't toss out an article by name as I am not that familiar with him. I have seen some of his speeches and interviews. He's a character as is to be expected in these modern times. I don't think a legit just facts media would have a very large market.

If you have the time, search him out. Decide for yourself if his words are worthy of the term hate speech.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Add in continued success (GPA) and we're on the same page.

TheRedneck

I know GPA is a big part of scoring, but real life testing should be applied, not paper tests.

Theoretical vs practical/applied. Applied should always win.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

GPA in secondary education is not the same as public school GPA. In college, the classes are geared more toward practicality than just theory as one progresses, many use realistic projects for a percentage of the grades, and several have hands-on labs. In the trades, most tests are completely practical, as in realistic problems one might face in actual work.

At least, that has been my experience.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just did a quick look at Breitbart (they have a website!), checked out Milo's personal page, and looked him up in Wikipedia. Not an in-depth investigation, I know, but it helped me form an initial opinion.

On the surface, I don't like the guy. He seems to like Rush Limbaugh way too much, appears to be an attention-grabber, and looks like he's very insecure. He might be a good reporter, might even be a good guy, but too much extremism in either direction is a red flag for me. His grant (specified for tertiary expenses; not a scholarship) program is already behind schedule. I'm suspicious now that it may indeed be a publicity stunt, although I still hope he proves me wrong.

He seems to be a bit confused over his sexuality. According to Wikipedia, he admits to being gay, but has said in the past that such is aberrant behavior and should be kept in the closet. I disagree with him strongly on that; no one should be in a closet, but neither should they be dancing on the roof. Just live your life the way you choose and be proud of who you are... different from being proud of what you are.

So, to sum up... it's a direct grant, not a scholarship (get on board CNN!). The program is one year past initial date and still not paid out a dime, and has allegations of abuse from within. Milo himself has a questionable history of association, but that may or may not be indicative of his personal stance. I remain torn on whether or not this program is even legitimate.

As to the racist aspect, my stance has not changed. None of this makes him a "white supremacist."

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Personally I don't value him enough to establish a proper opinion on his person/persona. His over the top antics are easy for me to dismiss. However, regarding his interviews, speeches and debates. The actual words that he is speaking are worth listening to and taking into consideration. Anyone who wishes to be in front of a camera and put on a screen for what they wear or how they act etc are not the types I wish to dwell too long on. I think I made the distinction clear here.

It would be a safe bet to assume he will do the right thing with the money he received through donations and his plan even if there is an agenda behind it, I mean, generally nothing is for free right?

His event was protested/rioted because they claimed it was hate speech. I think this is either an over reaction or an outright lie.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I just noticed I referenced practical and applied as separate things, meant to say practical/applied vs theoretical.

I'm in school atm for HVACR, I sold my business fast once competition started happening. Now that it's sold and the market has been discovered by others, I'll finally say what I did.

I collected shopping carts that got taken far away. I would get between $5 - $20 per cart returned. I could personally on a good day return up to 100 carts to several stores. Once I expanded and hired people, I was basically the go to guy for cart retrieval. Those damn carts cost a couple hundred bucks a piece in bulk.

There was some intelligence required in it, but not much. I was the intel. I simply used google maps and plotted neighborhoods that typically would have a shopping cart randomly hiding out.

That said, business gems are hiding everywhere right now. Some people can be taught and some cannot.

Schooling is the way to go. Targeted schooling though, that doesn't discriminate and doesn't grade on paper. Talented individuals get bored with paperwork quite fast and lose interest. It's that applied science that counts, that is what makes a person become valuable.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

With the one exception on how far to trust him with money, we seem to be in general agreement on him. And on the money point, I do admit to a very healthy dose of cynicism when it comes to humans and green paper. That's a bias, and I really hope you are correct on that point. I also don't care how much he profits from it, as long as he stands by his word.

I will have to take your word on his speaking ability/message.

I will also say that, after a quick look at Breitbart, I see nothing wrong with them. Probably biased right, but what else is new? I lean a little to the right on most issues. It's not a sin.

As for the protest, I agree wholeheartedly. Regardless of the inherent value in his speech, his thoughts have merit. For an institution of higher learning to openly allow its members to squelch free speech that way is unconscionable.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

That was an awesome idea! You do seem to have a head for business.

I agree on the practical aspects of learning, but I have to point out that there is a place for paperwork. For most skilled trades and college careers, there is more to the job than mechanical operation of the hands. One must be able to analyze the situation and determine the correct resolution before implementing it. Theory usually precedes practical, simply because the practical relies on theory.

In engineering, one is typically given a problem to solve by a customer, not another engineer. Our job is to figure out a practical way to solve that problem and implement it. Maybe there's a communication issue where the protocol wasn't designed to be used the way things need to work. We have to first understand the communication protocol and why it won't do what it needs to, then develop a way to make it do what it needs to do. Maybe the protocol itself has to be changed, or maybe there's a way to trick it into doing what we want. Either way, theory is needed in order to know what to actually do.

If there's a noise coming from my car, I need to know how the car works in order to figure out where that noise is coming from. I can't fix a bad power steering pump by changing transmission fluid, or vice-versa.

My son is a CNC Machinist. When he gets a drawing for a part, it doesn't say how to make it, only what it should look like when it is made. He needs to draw on a knowledge of different techniques, material properties, etc. to figure out how to make it before even picking up a piece of material.

I am assuming you are still in the theory stage... hang in there. You'll be up to your elbows in freon soon enough.

Now, back to Milo...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I'm exceeding the class dynamically. I grasped psychrometrics like it was 3rd grad math. I'll be pursuing the engineering aspect myself in a few years.

This Milo guy, he says a lot of shlt that is accurate, and seems to always have a response to his haters, kind of making me think it's scripted. He does make valid points, but we only have his recorded ideals. He very well could be doing it for show, which he likely is, but his point resonates. I finally watched the guy speak a few weeks ago, and albeit he is an arrogant prick, he makes valid points quite often.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Education and college aren't the same thing. Wisdom is not intelligence and vice versa.

If everyone had the same measure of free education then that which is free is no longer valuable in the workplace.

Inflation doesnt apply to knowledge.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
He's a troll. Conservatives like him because he's on their side and he uses a mean spiritedness toxicity that Republicans like.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's unecessary and inflammatory. Minority quotas are established so you can't EXCLUDE a person of color. Not so they can secretly make more Brown people' smarter than you

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Seems fair to me. Seems like the more whites are discredited, the more that's becoming racist. Im not white. Just seems like the trend. To shame white people. I think people should be great full we have a lot of success and progress due to white people as well. People who say otherwise are just hung up on their own insecurities

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
His troll stunts are designed to incite anger... He's bird dogging. He abuses Free Speech to try to get a rise out of peopleso he can villify them for it. Conservative support for him are an indication of how they feel about a united people who celebrate diversity. Between this guy, Trump, and Bannon it's clear our President views half his people with hostility.

Anyway, everyone has a right to free speech, but like the right to bear arms, no one said it was always safe to exercise. Would be pretty hilarious to see something bad happen to Milo.

edit on 4-2-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Would be pretty hilarious to see something bad happen to Milo.

And there you go, a hardcore lefty doesn't like Milo's viewpoints so something bad happening to him would be funny.

Such low, shallow depths these lefties go to.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Would be pretty hilarious to see something bad happen to Milo.

And there you go, a hardcore lefty doesn't like Milo's viewpoints so something bad happening to him would be funny.

Such low, shallow depths these lefties go to.

I just mean in a fun YouTube way, would be pretty hilarious. And sad too probably. Oh yes, very sad probably to see something bad happen to a troll. No one wants to see a troll hurt. On YouTube tho, with the right music and slow motion could be prettty hilarious.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Another FOREIGN asshat trolling the American public, and you keep being trolled. Keep it real white america, Jesus at least stop and think sometimes. F.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

About time, there are scholarship ps for women only, scholarships for blacks only, scholarships for hispanics only, scholarships for native Americans only, i don't see a problem here but I know the intolerant left will.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

You do know that Milo is a practicing gay man right ? I don't believe he would mind if a gay man white or especially African American whom he is most attracted too were to win the scholarship.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join