It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Y. Starts Scholarship Exclusively for White Men

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

According to this article, this is exactly where that money is going.
mic.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The man serves no purpose but the throw fuel on a raging dumpster fire.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

He has a valid message. I believe he even promotes debate with him. So "no purpose" isn't exactly a fair statement.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why not? There's scholarships for everything but...lol.

Equal?

When we allow the politicians to label us, this is what happens.

I'm sure if some hillbilly started 'white trash monthly trailer livin' magazine' - some group would protest saying it was anti-some other group.

What a bunch of entitled little $#its so many people have become.

Another example of 'labelled' groups..."Congressional Black Caucus"...imagine changing ONE word in that...I'll leave that right here.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Human is Human. Last I checked, we're all humans.

Also, what is he, really? When you peel away the superficial sarcastic façade?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

The wording is very vague. Also can be interpreted in many ways. Even if you follow the etymology of the word caucasian (white) race, you'll not find except in rarity, what for it was intended.

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe this was a troll as well for a few reasons.
1) He has to rid himself of the money he raised for charity.
2) He hopes to be called out for it so he can point to the hypocrisy of placing an award on the merits of race alone.
3) It promotes health to his ego.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh
a reply to: JinMI

He can do whatever he wants to with his money.

Actually I think I might apply. But would being 1/16th American Indian disqualify me?

Scholarships based on race (any race) are just asinine though IMO for that very reason.

What next? Half Breed Scholarships?

Well first we had scholarships for black people but we did not see your ilk complain about that and now we get scholarships for white people (suddenly it is a issue) So why not. Im a "Half breed" 50/50 black-white so isure wont mind.

"Half-breed" thats quite a bigoted slur. If i was a "progressive" i would be outside kicking kittens by now.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Assuming he's going to use those channels...

You don't get it. There are no other channels to use for a scholarship.

A scholarship pays the schools. Tuition for schools is due the first day of class. The bursars at the schools have to have time to get the funds, which requires paperwork. If the scholarship is set up any other way, no school is going to consider it a scholarship and Milo is legally liable for civil fraud and breach of contract.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

My previous post notwithstanding...

If your link is correct, this is NOT a scholarship; it is a grant. That's a horse of a different color. It is completely possible to misrepresent a grant, although doing so will quickly mean time in court and a loss of confidence overall.

If he starts playing games with money dedicated to education, someone is gonna get a good lawyer and prove that they were defrauded out of years of income by having their education delayed. This could end up being a VERY expensive publicity stunt.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

If I understand correctly a scholarship is an earned reward and a grant is self describing?

There is some word play going on here. CNN describes it as a scholarship. It is indeed called The Privilege Grant.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I love Milo. He's just making a point, it's ridiculous to have a scholarship for white men only, just as it is ridiculous to have a scholarship for any color only. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's dream of people being judged on the content of their character and not the color of their skin does not jibe with the racial divisions that wee see being perpetuated all around us.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I love Milo. He's just making a point, it's ridiculous to have a scholarship for white men only, just as it is ridiculous to have a scholarship for any color only. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's dream of people being judged on the content of their character and not the color of their skin does not jibe with the racial divisions that wee see being perpetuated all around us.

quoted for truth.
there's scholarships if you happen to be black, or gay, or hispanic etc. and specifically. let there be one based solely on if you're white and male.
the more im ready up on this mental case, the more entertaining he is to me.

edit on 3-2-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

A scholarship is set up in a trust to assure the money can be transferred to the school in a timely manner. Some are payable to the student, but even those are typically paid to the school and any remainder is repaid to the student by the school.

A grant is wide open. It can have any conditions the grantor wishes and be paid when the grantor decides. This is normally fairly safe legally, since it is a gift in the first place, but one designated as for educational purposes could be very expensive legally. All it takes is one student who chose classes based on that grant and wound up having to delay or cancel their education, and Milo could be responsible for lost wages over 50 years plus punitive damages, plus mental anguish, plus direct losses from decisions based on receiving the awarded grant.

There is a huge difference between the two.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This is one of those we shall see scenarios I suppose. Thread title is from CNN not myself. I also linked the actual grant page and it is listed as such. Blame my ignorance but also blame CNN for their misuse of terms.

Thanks for the information and setting the thread straight. Milo is currently on the hook for 100k that he received in donations. All logic points to this as being the result.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm in a bad situation here. On one hand, I support anyone who assists others with education, and I believe the recent mess at Berkeley over Milo was disgraceful in the extreme. On the other hand, if this guy turns out to be a con man taking advantage of students, he should be... well, I'll censor that for the sake of the safety of civilization as we know it. Let's just say he would be far from my favorite person.

And, as you say, it would appear CNN as usual has no idea what they're talking about... is anyone really surprised? It's a simple mistake for someone not familiar with the process, but a reporter is supposed to get his facts straight before he reports.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

From my source above:

After the allegations, Yiannopoulos told the Daily Beast he would be filing paperwork to establish the Privilege Grant as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, adding that there'd be 100 grants of $2,500 given to white men in need. According to the Privilege Grant website, a pilot program was meant to begin in the spring 2017 semester.

Perhaps a little slow out of the gate as the fundraiser was done in August but at this point I don't believe he is out do defraud anyone. All this drama surrounding it gives it more attention and hopefully points out his message.

Yes, CNN has fallen down a cliff and surely will not help themselves back up. Given the severe difference in the words used, I would argue that it was intentional on CNNs part.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Shangralah

If college were free, it would be worthless.

Explain all the free universities in Europe then who funny enough, provide good education without producing all these SJW snowflakes.

They are not free, they are paid with taxes.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Let him

There's scholarships for african americans, latinos, gays, etc...so why not whites?

I just feel sorry for the poor whites who are putting their hopes of a college education in the hands of a known attention whore and conman.
edit on 3-2-2017 by MakeAmericaSaneAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Cognitive testing and free education based upon the results.

You get free education in what you are good at, if you want to go another route you must pay for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That 'little slow out of the gate' makes me nervous, as does the suggestion of misrepresenting himself... he's completely missed the spring semester, so now it will be August before the funds are needed. The timing does concern me. I hope you're right about his intentions. I really know nothing of consequence about Milo. I know he's a conservative speaker, had some ties to Breitbart (still not sure what their unforgivable crime was), and I heard somewhere he's gay... that might have been a rumor, but it doesn't affect my opinion of him either way.

CNN: I stopped watching them. Unfortunately, that means I returned to Fox. Fortunately, it seems so far they have recovered some from the right-wing extremism that caused me switch to CNN some time ago.

I really, really, really wish reporters would just report the darn news...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join