It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Y. Starts Scholarship Exclusively for White Men

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Milo is an asshole.

He uses being gay as a shield but then turns around and vilifies gays.

He is the stereotypical self hating gay man.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Thank you for your...thoughtful?...opinion of the guy.

Do you have anything to add about the topic, which is the scholarship, to add?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

He can do whatever he wants to with his money.

Actually I think I might apply. But would being 1/16th American Indian disqualify me?

Scholarships based on race (any race) are just asinine though IMO for that very reason.

What next? Half Breed Scholarships?

edit on 3-2-2017 by Lughnasadh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Some pretty vitriolic assumptions there.

There's really no need to personally attack her because she might have some thoughts on this....

She's already stated that she has no issue with him doing this...

She has opinions on his motivations but how does that make her hateful?

Jesus, you do realize you're the one coming off as hateful here not reldra, and hell I usually disagree vehemently with her on most issues ....

I'm watching many of my "conservative" breatheren become the hateful, nasty people they say they despise on the left

edit on 2/3/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is quite a clever way to show the hypocrisy of those in this country who scream about white privilege and discrimination.
There is definitely discrimination, but it seems to be more and more against white people.

Some companies will still choose a new hire by race instead of qualifications so that their EEO reports look better, and they can not be accused of discrimination, even though they don't.

When my son went to college, as a middle class normal white boy, we looked at scholarships.
He got a few minor ones from the college based on academics, but there were no private scholarships that he was eligible for.
There were scholarships for blacks, women, children of military, handicapped, children of handicapped, adopted, low income etc, etc.
Nothing for a healthy middle class white male.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

He can do whatever he wants to with his money.

Actually I think I might apply. But would being 1/16th American Indian disqualify me?

Scholarships based on race (any race) are just asinine though IMO for that very reason.

What next? Half Breed Scholarships?

Hey, now were talking..some dialogue!!

I think you should and if anyone gives you flack, you can say that you identify as white!

I agree (as does Milo I think) that it is silly to hand out scholarships solely base upon race.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Then we have found common ground.

I've decided to give President Trump a chance. And to try and find common ground with his supporters.

That's much better than what we are seeing from the far left IMO.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: EvillerBob

A well intentioned troll then?

I'm kind of looking forward to the hypocritical backlash that this is bound to cause.

Trolling "with a serious point", perhaps. I wouldn't exactly go so far as to say "well-intentioned"...

Edited to add: though I must say that I consider winding up the left to be a perfectly good intention in its own right, but it might not be "well-intentioned" from most people's point of view

edit on Ev54FridayFridayAmerica/ChicagoFri, 03 Feb 2017 05:54:08 -06005372017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Then we have found common ground.

Said it before and will say it again: 99% of people from either side of the spectrum want exactly the same things. Peace, stability, security, economic growth and prosperity.

The actual issue isn't to do with what people want, it's to do with the best way to achieve it. That's really where the right and left differ.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're right, I apologize. They riled me up pretty good from a previous convo.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am looking into it, if my school qualifies I will apply and see what happens.

I think its fairly amusing Milo might be one of the top trolls in the country, but heck if I can get some help with school heck yea.

eta: to apply you have to be willing to have all your information (minus the personal information Social name birthdate etc) used by milo for promotional purposes.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're right, I apologize. They riled me up pretty good from a previous convo.

We all get there sometimes Wookie....your apology says a lot about the content of your character

I like to think of ATS as a group of mostly intelligent people who have vastly different opinions but can come together and exchange our views, although sometimes heated and passionate, but w open hearts for our fellow man...

Maybe I'm a dreamer and foolish, but there's a part of me that feels like if we can do that here, w our annonumity behind these computer screens, maybe we can take that process into the real world and effect a difference...

That's what our country needs, hell thats what we need as people

To be able to have different views but still feel validated.

I was a bit harsh in my response too, lord knows I'm not perfect... my apologies if I came off chastising.

I fall victim to my own emotions on this forum far more often than i like too

And ya ya, lol I know it's the mudpit!

Much love
edit on 2/3/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
He could just sell half of his gold chains and finance his scholarship. Is it for white men or just gay white men?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Shangralah

If college were free, it would be worthless.

I think that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on the internet, to be honest. Sorry.

Until about 20 years ago all universities and colleges in the UK were free. Oxford. Cambridge. Free. Were they worthless?

The great Scottish universities, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, those are free. World class institutions of higher education. Are they worthless?

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, France. Free or virtually free education.

Indeed a lot of American students are now travelling abroad to get an education.

And meanwhile America is slumping down in the international standards.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I think that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on the internet, to be honest. Sorry.

Then you should get around the net more often.

Why did they cease to be free and who pays for them? I'm sure that no professor is working out of the kindness of their heart. Someone takes on that cost.

There is no problem with more education or more access to it. Certainly no problem with a reduced rate. If everyone has the same education then how do you think that would do in the job market using the rules of supply and demand?

Some light reading: www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 3-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Or: Milo Makes Another Desperate Grab for Publicity

I saw this last night I think and chuckled.

Do you think the exclusive black scholarships are just for publicity also?

No.

So what makes you think these scholarships mentioned in the OP are probably just for a publicity grab?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: reldra

As a firm holder in their stance and beliefs, what do you think of this? Sexist..or any ist attached or indifference?

Like they said, an attention grab.

Have you ever looked up scholarships? There's a bazillion of them and they're all for specialty groups that represent a tiny minority (actually, none of them applied to me during the time when I needed a scholarship... mainly because most of them are for those under age 25 and not those over age 60). If he's got the money and he wants to fund a White Men's Club Scholarship, let him.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

finally someone put their money where their mouth is

how long until this is protested

He can do whatever he wants to with his money. His motives are obvious, but his motives are also his to have.

The same motives as a scholarship just for asians, just for black people.....?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He uses being gay as a shield but then turns around and vilifies gays.

He is the stereotypical self hating gay man.

No he doesn't and no he isnt. Clearly you're someone relying on someone else to tell you what he is.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It's a total troll, which is what Milo is in a word. However the scholarship may be real.

I really don't care if it happens or not. There are poor white people with sons and maybe one of them will get to go to college.

Did you know this wouldn't be the first one? There are other Caucasian-only scholarships out there, though I don't know how many are restricted to males.

*shrug*

Of course the claim that white males are less likely to get scholarships isn't true, but when did Truth ever stop a good troll? At least the part about white people.

MARTIN: Now, you just heard Colby Bohannan say that he had a difficult time finding scholarships that he was eligible for. Is it true that minorities are more likely to receive college scholarships?

Mr. KANTROWITZ: In fact, they are less likely to receive college scholarships. And they represent about a third of the applicants, but only about 28 percent of the recipients. Caucasian students receive 72 percent of all scholarships. Minority students receive only 28 percent of all scholarships.

But it seems the "male" part doesn't stack up either...

MARTIN: And on this specific perception that Colby Bohannan had, is that white males particularly are at a specific disadvantage, do you have any reflections on that?

Mr. KANTROWITZ: Well, men are underrepresented in college education. For the past decade or two, there has been a shift in college enrollment from men being the majority to women being the majority.

I don't have a good explanation for why that shift has occurred, but it's something that I've observed. But the ability of men to win scholarships is about the same as the ability of women, even when you disaggregate it by race.

Link

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join