It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Y. Starts Scholarship Exclusively for White Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Education and college aren't the same thing. Wisdom is not intelligence and vice versa.

If everyone had the same measure of free education then that which is free is no longer valuable in the workplace.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Education and college aren't the same thing. Wisdom is not intelligence and vice versa.

If everyone had the same measure of free education then that which is free is no longer valuable in the workplace.

College gives you education. If it were free you would have a much broader range of tapped potential. In today's technological world, a smarter society would benefit all. You mentioned earlier about someone's beliefs playing them, yet you are doing just that. You think skilled work would become less valuable because your beliefs tell you everyone must have a job. In a society full of educated innovators, life would be much more automated, requiring less human interaction in general.

Take me for example, I'm not college educated, and actually dropped out of highschool at 16, got a ged by 17. I feel I'm fairly smart in the science, math, and physics fields (I'm sure many would disagree as well). If I had the opportunity for an advanced education in those fields, I could have potentially done a LOT in those fields. I'll never pay for that education, however I would jump on it if it were free.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Your describing a working class utopia. I'm not going to knock your fantasy because it sounds great. I don't think skilled work becomes less valuable, I think someone who is paying for skilled work deems it less valuable because the supply would be much greater.

The cost and risk vs reward for a modern education does not benefit the student. If I had my way, I would reduce the amount of people going to school in attempt to drive the costs down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wrote this up a few months back and am still working on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
okay so obviously more money going to educations is a positive and only a fool would argue with that
but also Milo is openly, transparently, and proudly literally all about trolling
and this cannot possibly be anything else but a masterstroke of division and agitation
and oh, look, just have a read of this thread, what a surprise, it's working like a charm

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Our current technological level of advancement could achieve close to a utopia of sorts. Of course human nature will prevent any true utopia, but we are in the age of quantum computing and nanotechnology. The more smart people working on advanced technology, the better we all are.

We are on the cusp of a real breakthrough in sustainable fusion, imagine if there were even just 10x as many educated people working on that tech.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Is it division or pointing out the hypocrisy of the term equality?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you on the premise that more minds working to their full potential is a bad thing. I'm pointing out that the world we live in chops the legs off of most attempting to get there.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with you on the premise that more minds working to their full potential is a bad thing. I'm pointing out that the world we live in chops the legs off of most attempting to get there.

And America was a British colony until a radical revolution occurred. It has to happen eventually. People seem to be getting smarter and smarter each decade though, so that's a good thing.

It's something I doubt I'll see in my lifetime though, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be pursued.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Sure, we should seek to expose ourselves to everything we can and learn all we can within our lifetimes. The trick is to survive and prosper while doing it.

(post by Wookiep removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Sure, we should seek to expose ourselves to everything we can and learn all we can within our lifetimes. The trick is to survive and prosper while doing it.

No, the trick is properly learning it. If you learn that x, y, and z make a revolutionary rocket fuel, but don't know that x and z must be mixed first to neutralize the reaction of x and y mixed together, you're gonna have a bad time.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Trolls going to troll. *coming from one who studied with the greatest*

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what he think. He can do whatever he wants.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What if a black student identifies as white?

Kind of like when Shaun King scammed that Oprah scholarship that was supposed to be only for black men.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Or: Milo Makes Another Desperate Grab for Publicity

I saw this last night I think and chuckled.

everyone is googling him now after Berkely, so he doesn't have to grab it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Shangralah

If college were free, it would be worthless.

Or the standards for entry would be more rigorous and people who were not performing consistently would be dropped at an earlier stage as a "poor investment".

It might, or might not, improve the status of college education. It might, or might not, make things worse. Like most ideas, it's all guesswork at this stage.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Tit for Tat.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't see a problem with it just due to the fact that those who cling to identity politics and whom have pushed "White Privilege" have gotten so insane in their beliefs that this is where we are!

Which side will stand down? The ones who DEMAND everyone else conforms to their views or those of us who are sick and God Damned tired of their childish temper tantrums?

For those who are so comfortable living in their confirmation bias bubble, I have a bit of news for you. If this violence and childish temper tantrums are not condemned or stopped, you will reap what you have sown. And the 1% you claim to hate?? Will sit there and laugh while we destroy each other!

I am kind of tired of people whining about demographics that often need a helping hand, getting one. The whininess is like nails on a chalkboard.

For someone who hates bigotry, I'm rather surprised by this sentiment. Bigotry of low expectation.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Where I got scholarships from, they didn't know me and I had to qualify under multiple guidelines. White Female wasn't enough for any of them.

Milo's scholarship, what we know about it, seems a little more narrow in scope.

please do not address me in any way again

if you are so twisted by stupid politics that you cant tip your hat to ANYONE willing to help someone obtain an education i would rather not waste my time discussing anything with you, especially after documenting your own struggle to obtain an education

While my general outlook on ATS has so far consistently correlated with "whatever reldra says, think the opposite", in this case she's right.

The Milo grant is absolutely about getting attention. A large part of that is attention for himself and to maximise trolling potential.

There is also a serious point underlying it, however. There is a void, an imbalance, created by well-meaning people. The YPG is designed to highlight that "white people struggle, too". Whether you agree or disagree, that is at the heart of the message. Milo has talked extensively about it across other media for quite some time.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

A well intentioned troll then?

I'm kind of looking forward to the hypocritical backlash that this is bound to cause.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
He's doing it..... because it needed to be done. It will never be a good time to move past entitlements based on race or gender.
A white scholarship is every bit as bad as a Black one. Milo knows this and so should you.

In the name of equality I bestow upon you THIS....... but you over there get nothing because you are not one of these.....
can you see how some of us independent thinkers might get creeped out by that kind of rhetoric

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join