It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Y. Starts Scholarship Exclusively for White Men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Shangralah

If college were free, it would be worthless.

Its at the very least way to expensive.

I would not argue that at all.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He is giving a few people the chance to have an education. Nothing wrong with publicity for additional funding.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: JinMI

Tit for Tat.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't see a problem with it just due to the fact that those who cling to identity politics and whom have pushed "White Privilege" have gotten so insane in their beliefs that this is where we are!

Which side will stand down? The ones who DEMAND everyone else conforms to their views or those of us who are sick and God Damned tired of their childish temper tantrums?

For those who are so comfortable living in their confirmation bias bubble, I have a bit of news for you. If this violence and childish temper tantrums are not condemned or stopped, you will reap what you have sown. And the 1% you claim to hate?? Will sit there and laugh while we destroy each other!

I am kind of tired of people whining about demographics that often need a helping hand, getting one. The whininess is like nails on a chalkboard.
edit on 3-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

As long as that is allowed then who cares. White guys need money for college too after all.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That is not true.

I got a lot of scholarships (those are free things, just like Milo gave). I have very little loan debt. University was worth a lot to me. It would have been if I didn't have to pay a dime. In some states, university is free after being a resident for 1 year and those states have the highest rate of college graduates and doctoral graduates that go on to good jobs.

It is true. How valuable is a high school diploma/GED? Free to you perhaps, but that money is coming from somewhere. I would like to see some facts that correlate this free education to the job rate within that state that provided the education. Then perhaps I could be swayed.

Kudos to you for your scholarship and little loan debt!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That is not true.

I got a lot of scholarships (those are free things, just like Milo gave). I have very little loan debt. University was worth a lot to me. It would have been if I didn't have to pay a dime. In some states, university is free after being a resident for 1 year and those states have the highest rate of college graduates and doctoral graduates that go on to good jobs.

WOW
enough with you
as someone who directly benefited from a scholarship how can you CRAP on anyone willing to provide ANY financial aid ?

link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

He is giving a few people the chance to have an education. Nothing wrong with publicity for additional funding.

I question his motives, not the scholarship itself. I can do that.

link   

Tit for Tat.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't see a problem with it just due to the fact that those who cling to identity politics and whom have pushed "White Privilege" have gotten so insane in their beliefs that this is where we are!

Which side will stand down? The ones who DEMAND everyone else conforms to their views or those of us who are sick and God Damned tired of their childish temper tantrums?

For those who are so comfortable living in their confirmation bias bubble, I have a bit of news for you. If this violence and childish temper tantrums are not condemned or stopped, you will reap what you have sown. And the 1% you claim to hate?? Will sit there and laugh while we destroy each other!

I am kind of tired of people whining about demographics that often need a helping hand, getting one.

You said NOTHING to address my post!

If you want to argue with me give me something other than the nonsense you just posted please! I have no idea of WTF you are even talking about!
edit on 3-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

That is not true.

WOW
enough with you
as someone who directly benefited from a scholarship how can you CRAP on anyone willing to provide ANY financial aid ?

Like you would probably crap on free college. Many reasons. I didn't actually crap on him though, I questioned the motive.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
DP

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not sure but your post seems a bit hostile.

I have a bit of news for you. If this violence and childish temper tantrums are not condemned or stopped, you will reap what you have sown. And the 1% you claim to hate?? Will sit there and laugh while we destroy each other!

This is not news to me. I may hate the one percent but I know who signs my paycheck at the moment. Regardless, they will laugh.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I have a bit of news for you. If this violence and childish temper tantrums are not condemned or stopped, you will reap what you have sown. And the 1% you claim to hate?? Will sit there and laugh while we destroy each other!

This is not news to me. I may hate the one percent but I know who signs my paycheck at the moment. Regardless, they will laugh.

You are correct! (damn, burn. You are an incendiary device tonight!)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

yeah no question with the "motives" that provided school for you
be careful getting down from that high horse you are on

no thanks
no more from you

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What's hostile about that?

It is the progressive left who is attacking the 1%! Yet it is the 1% who the Progressive Left is following!

Sorry but my country is at the brink of a civil war! I don't give a damn about hurting someones feelings who is supporting the end of my countries sovereignty!

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah no question with the "motives" that provided school for you
be careful getting down from that high horse you are on

no thanks
no more from you

What is with this 'no more from me'? I worked all the way through school as well. 2 jobs at times. Sometimes 3. 30 hours at the school on a 'student line' and sometimes 20 hours outside. I paid some toward my education.

I am not on any high horse.

Where I got scholarships from, they didn't know me and I had to qualify under multiple guidelines. White Female wasn't enough for any of them.

Milo's scholarship, what we know about it, seems a little more narrow in scope.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The motives are good publicity. It's not some secret. Rich people and companies do this all the time to make themselves look good. If someone starts a scholarship and claims they don't do it even a little bit to make themselves look good they are liars and should not be trusted.

Are you trying to insinuate this is some gay sex for scholarship deal or something? what kind of secret motive.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What's hostile about that?

It is the progressive left who is attacking the 1%! Yet it is the 1% who the Progressive Left is following!

Sorry but my country is at the brink of a civil war! I don't give a damn about hurting someones feelings who is supporting the end of my countries sovereignty!

Well, first, I try to stay as center as possible.

Secondly, if the left is attacking the 1% how are we on the brink of civil war?

I would say that manipulation is doesn't hold a political bias. We have more in common with each other than we do with the one percent but were still arguing, pointing fingers and bitching about the other side as if they are getting something that we are not.

I won't apologize for the tactics that are used by the left but I will attempt to show them hypocrisy. Meeting them with hate and disdain doesn't prove anything. It will however increase the rate at which we move to civil war.

Food for thought, what class of people will have the most casualties in a civil conflict? Who will reap the rewards when it is over?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Explain all the free universities in Europe then who funny enough, provide good education without producing all these SJW snowflakes.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The motives are good publicity. It's not some secret. Rich people and companies do this all the time to make themselves look good. If someone starts a scholarship and claims they don't do it even a little bit to make themselves look good they are liars and should not be trusted.

Are you trying to insinuate this is some gay sex for scholarship deal or something? what kind of secret motive.

God no. I don;t mean to say it is a gay sex scholarship. LMAO. He is grabbing temporary publicity for himself for giving a scholarship (we don't know how much, to whom or what guidelines) to White Males only.

I will agree that foundations give scholarships partially to 'look good', but the looking good part means they are giving their money to something responsible, usually money that was given by other entities they have to answer to.

For example, one small one I got was $90 a semester for books. From a program called EOP. One of the many guidelines was I had to have a 3.8 average or better. I had to below a certain income guideline. I had to live off campus and not with parents. I never saw any fanfare or publicity after they cut the check.

It's different for MILO.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I can not. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? ....

I mean price of college in the US?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join