It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Party of Outrage

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah... some in the Democratic party are starting to catch on to a problem being created by themselves and the press. Being "Outraged" at everything is having a negative impact, especially when half of the outrage is based on "embellished semi-truthful" stories that are being debunked or retracted. Soon nobody will care when something really big and real actually happens as the daily cry wolf cycle begins to loose attention. The Trump administration may be manipulating the idiot press who wants so badly to keep writing negative stories every 6 hours and is causing a really big "cry wolf" environment.

www.usnews.com...

If Democrats protest everything with hair-on-fire outrage, will anything end up sticking with the American public beyond their infinite indignity? If they cry wolf every 12 hours, will the effect of their urgency wane over time? Instead of presenting an alternative vision, will they end up looking simply like a party of outrage?

"We need to be guided by a positive message about economic growth for everybody and a country that includes everybody," says Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut, who has expressed concern about the party's focus in reacting to Trump. "We can't respond to everything. You have to decide what to respond to based on what your vision for the country is."

But the breakneck speed Trump has embarked on during his first two weeks has scattered that focus. The sheer number of controversial fires he's lit on an array of topics has created a dizzying effect for Democrats.

"Whether intended or accidental, Trump's barrage of initiatives is thus far, by sheer volume and audacity, having the effect of confusing and overwhelming his opponents," said Benjamin Ginsberg, a political scientist at John Hopkins University.

To Democrats, it's no accident.

Yet given that Trump's approval rating is hovering between a respectable 45 and 49 percent depending on the poll, the fury emanating out of Washington and other major American cities is likely disproportional to the country at large. To some Democrats, this is a flashing alarm that incessant full-throated opposition is counterproductive.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The sheer number of controversial fires he's lit on an array of topics has created a dizzying effect for Democrats.
Trump was only a spark that got too close to a bunch of gasoline soaked hot heads that happen to not be on the right , or right for that matter .

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
no, no, no..they are the party of tolerance and unity, you`re just too racist to understand how rioting and assaulting people helps to unit people and increase tolerance of other`s views.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Perfect example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Visa ban could make doctor shortage worse
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another "embellished half truth story".

As the other member posted, How Many Doctors are we going to loose or not get from these particular nations in the next 90 days?

Another "hair on fire" no truth story.

When they CRY WOLF daily on BS, nobody will even bother listening soon.... ever.

Oh... it is CNN

money.cnn.com...

-- Are you a physician on a Conrad 30 J-1 Waiver currently practicing in an underserved area and from one of the 7 countries in the travel ban? We'd like to hear from you. Please email Parija Kavilanz at [email protected].

Of course they would love to find a couple since they couldn't find any for their bunk story! LOL
edit on 2-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

well if immigrant doctors are anything like my VA immigrant doctor we are better off not having them.

maybe in Mumbai or Havana 'dissecting" a chicken that you are about to eat for dinner makes you a doctor but in America it just makes you a dangerous fraud.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Its obnoxious is what it is. Histrionic, over dramatic, and ridiculous. And when you say that, you have to hear about how dire the situation is. I get to hear about how the folk to my right are the party of fear, and then have it justified by seeing those on the left then tell me about all the fearful and scary things Trump is going to do.

Its like they come preloaded with buzzwords that are parroted from their array of talking heads. Although i could kick a cat the next time I hear someone being called "snowflake". But these buzzwords are used in a stark incongruity with the overall behavior expressed. It does little to attract me to a point of view to see people protesting by behaving in ways that can only be meant to illicit shock.

Having to listen to and see it all can make you want to walk off the pier.

I've tried to have a reasonable discussion about why trump is doing whatever it is he's doing, and im often met with, "He's doing it because his evil" and a link to a piece that is spun so hard its outright lies (muslim ban?)

One thing I know: i have some left leanings...but when I look to the left im revolted enough that i step back.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Infolurker,
My wife is a level I trauma ER MD, FACEP at one of the top 5 largest hospitals in the country...

Trust me, no American trained MD from an American residency worries with a potential shortage of foreign trained physicians whether foreigners themselves or Americans incapable of gaining admittance into an American medical school...
They are a bit of a joke to be honest...unless they qualified and completed an American residency after their foreign foray in med school...which is rare for all but the highest achieving western country grads(Scotland, Ireland, GB, France, Germany, etc..)..

So save me the "we are missing out on doctors" schtick because that's a lie...

-Chris

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Like Chicken Little , The Sky Is Always Falling for the Dims . The Day it Actually Does , it just Might Fall Directly on their Heads.......

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

the day it does fall they will riot and claim it`s a vast right wing conspiracy, never mind they already used that excuse they will have to use another one but they will riot.

edit on 2-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

What I don't understand about all this is... Where are the smart, sober Democrats? They DO exist... or, at least I believe they exist.

I think "The Boy who Cried Wolf" is the perfect analogy for what the Democrat party has been doing. I think by default, it is likely/probable that the generic Democrat would be against policies or appointments put forward by a generic Republican. Opposition in the general sense, I totally understand.

What amazes me is the Democrats' seeming refusal to ditch the old (now relatively ancient) playbook.

The old playbook was a good one. I may not agree with the method but it was effective. In the past, tossing bombs calling the Republican candidate a racist, misogynist, bigot, homophobe, etc. usually "got rid of" the opponent (regardless of whether or not there was any truth behind the accusations.

During this general election they used ALL of it... and based on the results of the election... it didn't work. I'm literally scratching my head wondering how it is that the smart, mature Democrats (not to be confused with the senile and delusional ones like Pelosi) are continuing down this "call everyone Hitler" road. It didn't work when it really REALLY counted (the election) so why in the world do they think it will work now?

Although for the entirety of my life I've been a registered Independent, except for hyper-local elections I have only voted for Republicans so I acknowledge my bias here... but since at this point in time the Democrat party is in rough shape... and although I understand it is unlikely to happen... I keep hoping that SOMEHOW the Democrats will take a moment and revamp themselves and come back as a TRUE party-for-the-working-man rather than being the party-for-the-fringes.

Enough with obsessing about illegal aliens and holding them up as saints by default. Enough with the transgendered and what bathrooms they use. Enough with pretending there is no such thing as "radical islamists." Enough with pretending that the United States can absorb the entire Third World without suffering socio-economically.

That is not to say that some of the aforementioned issues don't deserve some attention... but I am saying that we have some basic domestic issues that should take precedent. THIS is a golden opportunity for the Democrats to consider how they want to move forward.

As I mentioned, I have typically voted for Republicans but all-in-all I'm not happy with them so I'm asking for the Democrats to give me a reason to vote for them. Telling me I'm a racist for wanting to know who enters this country.... insinuating that the amazing (AMAZING) rise from poverty that I achieved is nothing more than "white privilege"... calling me a homophobe because I want to let a baker ruin his business by limiting his own potential clientele..... NONE of that makes me want to vote for a Democrat. All of those issues, in my estimation, are "fringe" issues.

Democrats.... not the crazy ones but the "normal" ones... PLEASE do a bit of housecleaning and reconstruction. Please become a party of the "Little LAW ABIDING Guy" and I assure you.... you will win election after election.

Keep insulting the "regular" folks and pandering to the "fringes" and you will continue to get what you have gotten of late.

A bit of a ramble perhaps.... but that's my two cents on the matter (for now).

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
you`re right there are smart sober democrats but they are in limbo because their party has been hijacked by extremist, they are waiting for other smart sober democrats to snatch the party back from the extremist, but what they should be doing is standing up and forcefully taking back their party or if they don`t feel they are able to do that they should start a real liberal party.
as liberals they are naturally followers rather than leaders so they won`t do either of those things, they will slowly and reluctantly migrate to the party that is a leader and abandon their party to the extremist and anarchist.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Damn.

I was hoping they wouldn't catch on.

Now let's see if they have the discipline to do something about it. Probably not.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I agree with you on that, you know why the VA hires so many foreign doctors? ( and trust me they hire a lot of them)because they work cheap. a VA "doctor" has no more medical experience than a 2nd year medical student at an American medical college.

the VA hiring practices seem go like his:

'you have a degree from the Zimbabwe school of medicine and culinary arts? you`re hired get out there and treat these vets!

The VA is the slumlord of medical treatment and it`s not just the doctors it`s the nurses and front desk staff also. They have state of the art computer systems and monitors and yet they can`t seem to schedule an appoint at the correct date and time that the doctor requests.

complete incompetent idiots that can`t manage to do a simple task with state of the art equipment.throwing more money at idiots won`t fix the problem, getting rid of the idiots might fix the problem.

I have an appointment on Wednesday that they scheduled me for with the wrong doctor, I`m going to go because I get paid for travel expenses, I`ll go, tell them they scheduled me for the wrong doctor, collect my travel pay,get an appointment for the right doctor and go home.

the tax payers get doubly screwed because they are paying the salary for an idiot, and they pay me for travel pay,which is a lot more than it costs me to travel there and back.

sure, I could have told the idiot behind the counter that he scheduled me with the wrong doctor, but why should I do his job for him? the government is happy paying an idiot to do an incompetent job and paying me for travel expenses due to the idiot not knowing what he is doing so who am I to tell the government that they are screwing the tax payers.

edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: eluryh22
you`re right there are smart sober democrats but they are in limbo because their party has been hijacked by extremists...

I'm sure Hillary would agree...

Obama may regret not giving Hillary a blanket pardon and thus leaving the door open for the Trump administration to investigate her alleged wrongdoing. The Clintons and the Trumps go waaaaaay back... I'm betting there's been phone calls between them... deals can be made. Including immunity if she sings like a canary. Whatever dirt they can find on Hillary, I'm sure she can provide even more dirt on others -- Pelosi, Reid, even Obama.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
As a TRUE Independent, I sit back, sip my tea, watch the ignorance, laugh, shake my head and watch it unfold. You people, Republicans and Democrats, are laughable. 😑😑
edit on 3-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Nail head, meet hammer.

new topics

top topics

join