It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Travel Ban: IRS Moves To Revoke Passports For Unpaid Taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
Since when does the IRS have authority over travel...

Since over a year ago

That's muy interesante.

So people starred my "Obama" post, fine... But here's an article which probably shouldn't be ignored...? I don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i wonder if Trump "exempted" himself from that unpaid taxes ban
makes you wonder...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
my neighbor worked for many years getting paid under the table in cash, the IRS found out about it. Now he owes the fed $50,000 and the state $5,000, he`s old and retired now and doesn`t have 2 pennies to rub together. Both of his vehicles have liens against them from the state for back taxes, and he can`t renew his drivers license until he pays the state the back taxes he owes.

when he complains about it, as he often does, I tell him " you should have paid your taxes"

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This makes me extremely nervous. Armed barriers being put on our borders, followed by restrictions on travel.

Walls and guns keep people in, not out.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Tardacus

There's still quite a few average people that could owe that much in taxes also. All it takes is getting penalties for a few years and you're caught in debt spiral that you can't get out of that could easily reach $50,000.

yeah well, nobody ever said that it would be easy being a tax dodger. I was never caught In a tax debt spiral because I payed my taxes, deadbeat tax dodges won`t get any sympathy from me but I might give them a participation trophy for participating in the U.S. tax system and losing.
I`ll even put a smiley face sticker on the trophy to make them feel better for being a deadbeat tax dodger.

no one likes paying taxes but most of us do it, if you don`t like paying taxes and don`t do it then you earned the full wrath of the IRS.
edit on 3-2-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

that`s right and we want to keep deadbeat tax dodgers out.They obviously have no respect for our laws so why would we want them here?
pay your taxes and you can come and go as you please.
don`t pay your taxes and you`re just a parasite sucking the blood out of the people that do pay their taxes.
if it hurts your feelings being called a parasite then don`t be a parasite because you are too thinned skinned to be one.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That's fine. I don't care how you feel about them. I'm just pointing out that you don't have to be a 1%er to end up owing $50,000 in taxes. It can happen to just about anyone unless all they've ever done is work for someone else. Small business owners or independent contractors end up like that all the time.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: buster2010
So looks like Trump won't be going anywhere huh? Just look at how much he owes in back taxes. Oh that's right we can't see his taxes can we?

Oh, you know he doesn't owe anything with the carry over negative losses he has had over the years. You and I both know that he probably hasn't had to pay taxes in years due to the legal loopholes.

I highly doubt he owes anything because to be truthful, he utilized every write down to has advantage. I would love to see his tax returns as well. We might learn some tricks... LOL

From him you would learn nothing the person would learn from is the crooked accountant.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

it only happens to people who don`t pay their taxes and that's hard do do unless you are deliberately doing illegal things to avoid paying taxes.

not paying taxes isn`t a Hillary I`m carless negligent and just plain stupid to abide by the laws scenario, it`s a deliberate action.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Many Americans living overseas won't be able to return to the US.

That's because the US taxes its citizens on worldwide income, regardless of where they reside, but many living overseas just pay the local taxes there and ignore this detail.

No more passport for them.

Ooops!

I have to disagree due to reporting procedures in a host country for an expat. No current (six months until expiration date) passport and you will be removed forcefully when the passport expires or you will be fined and possibly in jail until stuff gets sorted out. Plus many countries have a pesky law that if you screw up you can not return to their country for one up to several years depending on the severity of the transgression... Most countries control their borders not counting the insanity of the EU and what America has been doing since Bush..

Some countries require you to carry a passport at all times or a photo copy of your visa and its' restrictions.. Anyone who thinks they can survive with out a passport better have deep pockets and apply for citizenship in the host country.. If you are retired then you lose your social security when you give up your USA citizenship.. Just food for thought..

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

that`s right and we want to keep deadbeat tax dodgers out.They obviously have no respect for our laws so why would we want them here?
pay your taxes and you can come and go as you please.
don`t pay your taxes and you`re just a parasite sucking the blood out of the people that do pay their taxes.
if it hurts your feelings being called a parasite then don`t be a parasite because you are too thinned skinned to be one.

I'm more concerned with the situation where people owe taxes and are then refused the ability to leave.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Pay your taxes and it isn't an issue.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There's still quite a few average people that could owe that much in taxes also. All it takes is getting penalties for a few years and you're caught in debt spiral that you can't get out of that could easily reach $50,000.

yeah well, nobody ever said that it would be easy being a tax dodger. I was never caught In a tax debt spiral because I payed my taxes, deadbeat tax dodges won`t get any sympathy from me but I might give them a participation trophy for participating in the U.S. tax system and losing.
I`ll even put a smiley face sticker on the trophy to make them feel better for being a deadbeat tax dodger.

no one likes paying taxes but most of us do it, if you don`t like paying taxes and don`t do it then you earned the full wrath of the IRS.

Some people who owe back taxes are not "tax dodgers".

Example......

I got married a few years ago. We changed our W4s to married (big mistake).

Long story short, that year we owed the IRS over 5,000 dollars. Luckily we had it or I could see us being at least 10k in debt to the IRS by now.

Since that happened we went back to claiming single but married.

Not everyone is a tax wizard or can afford to have attorneys make it so you don't have to pay anything for years even though you are a self proclaimed billionaire.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

One word: Trump

One word: Trump

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is probably unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like an IRS "Travel Ban" will be taking effect later this year as soon as they can get their data straight with the State Department.

Tie this into "The Panama Papers" and your problems are solved!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join